• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rube
    replied
    Re: Movies: New Ideas Welcome II Prequel Reboot

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    Most of the old books were, more or less, wiped from history by Disney. People need to let go of those old books, and realize that the movies and the few books they've since released are the story now.

The movie actually reminded me of a book they released to accompany one of the games. I've not played the game, but the book was a fun, non-Jedi look at that universe regarding the grit and sacrifice of the unsung heroes of the rebellion.
    Gotcha. Never got into those side-projects, even if they were regarded as canon. As a result, I cannot speak on those stories, background, etc. In that regard, I'd say I am generally average goombah mainstream fan of the SW movies.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    I liked it, and agree on the deaths. That being said, it IS a "bonus" movie of sorts as related to the main movies, so I didn't have that many expectations going into it. Same with all the other "bonus" movies that they are doing. FTR, I'm not into all the books/cartoons/etc like some on here, so I'd expect their opinions to maybe be a little more harsh and/or detailed.
    Most of the old books were, more or less, wiped from history by Disney. People need to let go of those old books, and realize that the movies and the few books they've since released are the story now.

The movie actually reminded me of a book they released to accompany one of the games. I've not played the game, but the book was a fun, non-Jedi look at that universe regarding the grit and sacrifice of the unsung heroes of the rebellion.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

I liked it, and agree on the deaths. That being said, it IS a "bonus" movie of sorts as related to the main movies, so I didn't have that many expectations going into it. Same with all the other "bonus" movies that they are doing. FTR, I'm not into all the books/cartoons/etc like some on here, so I'd expect their opinions to maybe be a little more harsh and/or detailed.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Ok. I'm glad I finished it. Totally pivoted like you said handy.

The last 45 or so were actually pretty good. The way they killed everyone off didn't upset me at all like it did with the departed. Spoiler alert. I thought the deaths of a lot of the characters were well done. Some not so much.. But for the most part, it felt authentic by the end.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Jules And Delores:

Brazilian comedy based on the theft of the Jules Rimet soccer trophy (World Cup) in 1983. It's quirky, and it's very loosely based (basically, the theft and theoried result of what happened to the trophy in real life are the only "facts"). It's a toss-up whether to watch this one or not. I liked it, but it's nothing special at all.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X