This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Movies: New Ideas Welcome II Prequel Reboot

Over the past couple weeks I have been trying to catch myself up with the Marvel Universe.

Pretty much everything in Phase 2 save for Guardians could have been skipped. I was really losing faith in the series and thought they had lost their touch until Civil War. I'm really hoping this is the new beginning they needed.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Nocturnal Animals. What the hell did I watch?
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        Over the past couple weeks I have been trying to catch myself up with the Marvel Universe.

Pretty much everything in Phase 2 save for Guardians could have been skipped. I was really losing faith in the series and thought they had lost their touch until Civil War. I'm really hoping this is the new beginning they needed.
        You didn't like Ant-Man?
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          You didn't like Ant-Man?
          And Winter Soldier?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot
            Or Deadpool?
            Deadpool is awesome but not MCU.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

[edit] - was going to edit, but Scoobs corrected me already. I thought Deadpool was a Marvel creation.

Anyway I thought Spider-Man: Homecoming was quite good as well, but I guess that's considered Phase 3 now that I look it up. Welp...

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                You didn't like Ant-Man?
                Oh yeah, I guess I missed that one.

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                And Winter Soldier?
                I saw it but don't remember a thing about it.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                  And Winter Soldier?
                  Winter Soldier was a major let down. Completely predictable, lame plot and horrid villain. When my gf, who hasnt watched a single Marvel film and never read a comic could predict every plot point of the film you know it isnt good. (though her ranting was quite entertaining...to this day she still hates that film with a the fire of a thousand suns)

Spiderman: Homecoming could have been great, but every time Iron Man showed up it showed how little Spidey actually mattered. I took my friend (a super Spidey Freak) as a gift because I figured he would love it (I was never going to be super into it but watching him geek out would have been worth any price) and we both gave it a rather mediocre 6. It had all sorts of potential but just never quite got there.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    Spiderman: Homecoming could have been great, but every time Iron Man showed up it showed how little Spidey actually mattered. I took my friend (a super Spidey Freak) as a gift because I figured he would love it (I was never going to be super into it but watching him geek out would have been worth any price) and we both gave it a rather mediocre 6. It had all sorts of potential but just never quite got there.
                    It served its purpose: to show a Spiderman movie could be made that wasn't a steaming pile of rat feces. I rather liked it; it had a better sense of humor than most of the Pimply Boy Movies.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The sense of humor was really the only redeeming value...well and Michael Keaton for about half the film. Problem was I just kept thinking "What is Bruce Wayne doing talking to Peter Parker?!?!" (Todd McFarlane could have made a helluva comic out of that) I dont know what the budget was but the CGI wasnt exactly stellar either...I have PS2 games that look better.

I knew my buddy was done the second Spidey used the "Iron Spidey" suit. Oh goody, now Iron Man is responsible for how awesome Spiderman is why not just make him the creator of the spider that bit him too since Iron RDJ is now the All Powerful God of the MCU...meanwhile Captain America is relegated to making lame gym videos and one of the worst post credit scenes ever created. That is almost as bad as what the comics have turned him into since he returned from the dead (he has been a Hydra Sleeper agent in case you were wondering)
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Watching Independence Day for the first time in 20 years.

I say this with a full appreciation of the gravity of the claim. It gives Roadhouse a run. It is MUCH more of a hoot than I remembered.
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I say this with a full appreciation of the gravity of the claim. It gives Roadhouse a run. It is MUCH more of a hoot than I remembered.
                          It ain't St. Crispin's Day speech, but the we will not go quietly into the night speech was pretty good.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            It ain't St. Crispin's Day speech, but the we will not go quietly into the night speech was pretty good.
                            Alan Bloom thinks the Saint Crispin's Day speech is a Starship Troopers parody. He doesn't believe Bill would have written such dreck on purpose.
                            Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

That movie is still great fun. Unlike Twister (think they came out around the same time) which is complete trash.
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I love Twister if for no other reason it's the first movie the wife and I saw together in Thailand. Our first first was Spy Hard in Bahrain. When she laughed at Leslie Nielsen I knew I had a keeper.

Comment

Working...
                                X