X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Movies: New Ideas Welcome II Prequel Reboot

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Nowadays instead of dialog and adult drama and mature sexuality and silences and dancing we have irony and teen emotion and adolescent sexuality and hamfisted music cues and explosions and car chases.
    Fixed your post.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Mickey Rooney was quite the hoofer in his youth.
      As was James Cagney. Wow, could he dance!
      Cornell University
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

we also have shaved pu$$y, so let's not all whine about the good ole days... mkay?!?!?
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          we also have shaved pu$$y, so let's not all whine about the good ole days... mkay?!?!?
          So you're saying you like it when they look underage?

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            So you're saying you like it when they look underage?
            Never crossed mookie's mind....
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Now that's how to write a review headline!!!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/0/m...symphonically/
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                For dxm because he hates old movies. This may help. I think it's great.
                That was a masterful piece of editing.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Alien Covenant...subpar to Alien and Aliens but still very good. On the level with Prometheus but a tad less character development.

I hope Ridley Scott gets a 3rd prequel in because he has in no way answered who the engineers are nor where they come from and whether they created humans. Also hasn't answered why they created Aliens or IF they actually did create them.

Fassbender as David is finally a villain I can really hate. What a great character. He's like Kathy bates in misery x100.
                  Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

How many of those clips had Fred Astaire, Gene Kelly, Donald O'Connor, Judy Garland and/or Ginger Rogers? I think I saw Bill "Bojangles" Robinson in quite a few, too.

Mickey Rooney was quite the hoofer in his youth.

Nowadays instead of dancing we have explosions and car chases.
                    Here's the full Nicholas Brothers number jumping / splits on the staircase with Cab Calloway. It's incredible. The opening 1:30 is Calloway's scat singing, then the remainder of the clip is the brothers gradually taking over and then only doing the greatest flash dancing in film history.

Remarkably, the brothers are in their 30s in that WW2 clip and they both lived into this century.
                    Last edited by Kepler; 09-05-2017, 04:35 PM.
                    Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                      Alien Covenant...subpar to Alien and Aliens but still very good. On the level with Prometheus but a tad less character development.

I hope Ridley Scott gets a 3rd prequel in because he has in no way answered who the engineers are nor where they come from and whether they created humans. Also hasn't answered why they created Aliens or IF they actually did create them.

Fassbender as David is finally a villain I can really hate. What a great character. He's like Kathy bates in misery x100.
                      I dont think he will...the movie completely bombed in the States and even WW it didnt do that great.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        I dont think he will...the movie completely bombed in the States and even WW it didnt do that great.
                        That's a bummer. Even though these prequels could have been tightened up a bit (better character development etc)they've offered An opportunity to answer some great philosophical questions within that universe.

I hope THIS comes to fruition: http://www.alien-covenant.com/news/amp/alien-awakening---ridley-scott-confirms-engineers-return-alien-covenant-sequel
                        Last edited by solovsfett; 09-05-2017, 09:21 PM.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                          That was a masterful piece of editing.
                          That was amazing.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

That's a bummer. Even though these prequels could have been tightened up a bit (better character development etc)they've offered An opportunity to answer some great philosophical questions within that universe.

I hope THIS comes to fruition: http://www.alien-covenant.com/news/a...ovenant-sequel
                            The problem is Ridley had too much power. No one wanted to argue with him cause he is Ridley Scott. What everyone forgot is Ridley Scott hasnt exactly been setting the world on fire lately.

Prometheus was good but it should have been great. Scott seemed like he had good ideas but never really followed through with any of them. It ended up being disjointed...
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              The problem is Ridley had too much power. No one wanted to argue with him cause he is Ridley Scott. What everyone forgot is Ridley Scott hasnt exactly been setting the world on fire lately.

Prometheus was good but it should have been great. Scott seemed like he had good ideas but never really followed through with any of them. It ended up being disjointed...
                              True, sounds like Lucas and his prequels where everyone around him was simply cheerleading vs challenging him.

I think Scott's last big success was The Martian but I would think he's going to have to cast a couple of big stars and possibly hand over writing duties if he's going to be allowed to finish the Alien story and get us to the beginning of the original

Comment

True, sounds like Lucas and his prequels where everyone around him was simply cheerleading vs challenging him.
                                To be fair, those scripts were beyond fixing.

Comment

Working...
                                X