X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Movies: New Ideas Welcome II Prequel Reboot

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
    I saw an ad for this and wondered if it was going to be decent. Is it streaming or disc?
    Streaming.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

War Machine:

Brad Pitt as a general assigned to win a war that isn't winnable. It's part drama, part dark comedy, part satire. While the movie is good overall, it really doesn't commit to a certain direction of style, which would have made the movie much better. Worth a watch, though, for sure.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Annabelle: Creation. Ho Lee Fu... Best scary movie I've seen since I can't remember. It was fun as hell too seeing it with a jam packed theater. Also a funny accident happened which didn't hurt the experience. During the climax the power in the theater went out and the emergency lights turned on. It definitely freaked out the crowd and created quite a buzz until the movie started back up about 5 minutes later. Highly recommend although I can't guarantee the power will also go out for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          War Machine:

Brad Pitt as a general assigned to win a war that isn't winnable. It's part drama, part dark comedy, part satire. While the movie is good overall, it really doesn't commit to a certain direction of style, which would have made the movie much better. Worth a watch, though, for sure.
          We enjoyed it more than we thought we would. It's based on the Gen. Stan McCrystal - Rolling Stone story.

We watched Whiskey Tango Foxtrot last night. Went in not expecting much, but it too was enjoyable. Did a good job of showing A-stan from a different point of view.
          Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
            We enjoyed it more than we thought we would. It's based on the Gen. Stan McCrystal - Rolling Stone story.

We watched Whiskey Tango Foxtrot last night. Went in not expecting much, but it too was enjoyable. Did a good job of showing A-stan from a different point of view.
            As soon as the Rolling Stone guy showed up, yeah, pretty obvious on what it was based on. Had no knowledge of what the movie was about, really, going into it. Just the Netflix plot summary.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post

mookie watched it this morning. thanks brent.

the ben kingsley casting was spot on!!!! mookie even thought that when first seeing kharzi "what's ben kingsley doing on tv in afghan?!?!"

funny but we talk about that here (well mookie listening to locals...) "who wants freedom? people want safety. even iraq was safe with sadaam in charge" true 'dat.
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Little Miss Sunshine. Off-beat family road trip comedy. Brilliant first third, cromulent middle third, lazy final third. Best line: "Coming from you that means a lot." Best touch: the vanity plate on the MacArthur grant winner's car: LOSTIME.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  The Loft:

5 married men agree to rent a secret luxury loft for their extramarital affairs. Then a woman is murdered. With only 5 keys in existence....

SO many twists and turns and backstories. It was done fairly well, though. If you like trying to piece something together only to have it fall apart, this is for you.
                  Good to know. Picked it up cheap on Blu Ray a few months back but hadn't gotten around to watching it.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Mrs. burd rented A Clockwork Orange through the local library, and I'm interested in how I'll find it. It's been a long long time.

Comment

I hated Clockwork.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        I hated Clockwork.
                        After I watch it, I'll ask why.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                          Watch it with subtitles or you won't understand a God dam thing they are saying.

Comment

Watch it with subtitles or you won't understand a God dam thing they are saying.
                            Or just have above average intelligence - NoDakotans need not apply.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              Or just have above average intelligence - NoDakotans need not apply.
                              The slang just got to me, and for whatever reason, I have trouble understanding British accents of that nature. Also see: Lock, Stock, And Two Smoking Barrels.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                I hated Clockwork.
                                Originally posted by burd View Post
                                I saw it the first time in the mid 70s but never read the novel. Skinner's Beyond Freedom and Dignity was commonly assigned reading in college in those days, but I don't recall it either. A person should probably be familiar with some of that background to "get" Clockwork. The sex and violence certainly cannot shock in this day and age.

Didn't get much out of it this time, but I am interested in doing some of the background reading.
                                Last edited by burd; 08-27-2017, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X