• Show
Clear All

Re: Movies: New Ideas Welcome II Prequel Reboot

Originally posted by burd View Post
    West Side Story
    Forbidden Planet
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
      While he plays a supporting role in Grand Canyon rather than a starring role, he does a very good job in a non-comedic role in that film.
      I tried watching that a long time ago but never got into it. Maybe I will try it again. I am seeing Steve and Martin Short do their show when they go on tour this summer!

edit: The Shakespeare nerds sound 1 step above Scientologists.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I have been a huge Steve Martin fanboy ever since I first saw him on SNL and was later given AWACG on vinyl for Christmas. "He hates these cans" or "All I need is this remote control" obscurely finds it's way into my conversation on occasion along with, "Those aren't pillows!". For soft spots I've always loved LA Story and Parenthood.

Comment

Parenthood I watch at least once a year
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Imperial Dreams

A young black father gets out of prison, goes back to his home in the projects to raise his son correctly and tries to become a writer. The 'hood culture and a broken system stand in his way.

This plays out almost like a cousin to Boyz N The Hood, which of course is an OUTSTANDING movie, and it's difficult to not compare. Very well done, though, and I do recommend it.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Happy Rex Manning Day!
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                Happy Rex Manning Day!
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                  Happy Rex Manning Day!
                  Say no more mon amore!
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Thor Ragnarok trailer dropped today. Holy ****.

This year is going to be awesome. Guardians/Wonder Woman/Spiderman/Thor/Star Wars 8.

I was already assuming Guardians would be the best of the bunch but after the Thor trailer I may have to go there.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Saw Get Out over the weekend. I really enjoyed it. I didn't think I would since scary movies aren't my thing (jump-scares get me every time), but I actually got really into the story. More psychological than jump scare. I actually thought the trailers were scarier than the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                        Saw Get Out over the weekend. I really enjoyed it. I didn't think I would since scary movies aren't my thing (jump-scares get me every time), but I actually got really into the story. More psychological than jump scare. I actually thought the trailers were scarier than the movie.
                        Really enjoyed that, too, and for the same reason.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          Thor Ragnarok trailer dropped today. Holy ****.

This year is going to be awesome. Guardians/Wonder Woman/Spiderman/Thor/Star Wars 8.

I was already assuming Guardians would be the best of the bunch but after the Thor trailer I may have to go there.
                          Now that things have had some time to sink in: The trailer was awesome, but I am wary of this being way overhyped. The trailers for Age of Ultron had me stoked for the film as well. And it was for the same exact reason: a badass villain that is a legitimate threat. Cater Blanchett looks stunning in this trailer, but Marvel's track record speaks for itself in this department. My hopes are rooted in the fact that the character is probably playing a key role in upcoming stories, so she'll be sticking around and has to be written well.

I just hope that this isn't all hope with a colossal let-down
                          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                            Now that things have had some time to sink in: The trailer was awesome, but I am wary of this being way overhyped. The trailers for Age of Ultron had me stoked for the film as well. And it was for the same exact reason: a badass villain that is a legitimate threat. Cater Blanchett looks stunning in this trailer, but Marvel's track record speaks for itself in this department. My hopes are rooted in the fact that the character is probably playing a key role in upcoming stories, so she'll be sticking around and has to be written well.

I just hope that this isn't all hope with a colossal let-down
                            I agree the villians have not been done well. That being said this looks like it could be the start of a turn in the other direction and all indications are Thanos will be epic.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I thought Loki was awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                                I have been a huge Steve Martin fanboy ever since I first saw him on SNL and was later given AWACG on vinyl for Christmas. "He hates these cans" or "All I need is this remote control" obscurely finds it's way into my conversation on occasion along with, "Those aren't pillows!". For soft spots I've always loved LA Story and Parenthood.
                                Wow. I loved LA Story. I haven't seen that in such a long time I wonder if I've still got it tucked away on VHS somewhere. It's overdue for a screening. I'll enjoy it with a half double decaffeinated half-caf... with a twist of lemon.

Comment

Working...
                                X