X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Movies: New Ideas Welcome II Prequel Reboot

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    The DiCaprio version? That wasn't a bad movie. It was actually a decent movie.
    It sucked.

The Eagle Huntress:

Mongolian girl bucks tradition and attempts to train eagles. Traditionally, the practice is handed from father to son.

This documentary is beautifully shot. It's flat out majestic. Good story, too. Highly recommend.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      I'm just saying that you really have to **** up a movie for it to be bad when you're just updating a Shakespeare play.
      I don't see how being from Shakespeare's pen makes it an infallible movie.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        It sucked.

The Eagle Huntress:

Mongolian girl bucks tradition and attempts to train eagles. Traditionally, the practice is handed from father to son.

This documentary is beautifully shot. It's flat out majestic. Good story, too. Highly recommend.
        I disagree. As do most critics.
        Code:
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I disagree. As do most critics.
          And Dances With Wolves was supposedly better than Goodfellas.

I don't pay much attention to critics.

Honestly, I thought Romeo Must Die, while not great, was at least a more entertaining version of Romeo And Juliet.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

The DiCaprio version? That wasn't a bad movie. It was actually a decent movie.
            Phew. I thought he was talking about the Zefferelli version, which I love.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
              We liked it in high school because we got to see two seconds of Juliet nipple. Of course, to see that, we had to sit through an entire minute of Romeo butt.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                That's the old version, 60s or so right? Saw that in high school. I liked it.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  ... Summer School is the best stupid teen comedy of all time!
                  What else falls into that category? Tommy Boy? American Pie? 40-year Old Virgin? Anchorman? Super Troopers? Clerks? Harold & Kumar GTWC? Top Secret? Better Off Dead?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    What else falls into that category? Tommy Boy? American Pie? 40-year Old Virgin? Anchorman? Super Troopers? Clerks? Harold & Kumar GTWC? Top Secret? Better Off Dead?
                    40YO? No. Top Secret? No. They are not the same.

Think more John Hughes type stuff. Basically, anything that Not Another Teen Movie made fun of, is in play. And add in stuff like Revenge of the Nerds and Porky's.

Comment

Have you ever seen Shakespeare using the original text? The man knew how to write. He could put down the most subversive dialogue or scenes, and people would applaud him even though it could mean losing their freedom or their lives. That in and of itself isn't inherently worthy of praise, but he did it without making it seemed forced. MacBeth, the whole opening scene was a stick in the eye of newly passed British law forbidding witchcraft. Knowing it to be ridiculous, he put a scene of witches front and center and made them an integral part of the play. Without them, the entire story of MacBeth doesn't exist.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Have you ever seen Shakespeare using the original text? The man knew how to write. He could put down the most subversive dialogue or scenes, and people would applaud him even though it could mean losing their freedom or their lives. That in and of itself isn't inherently worthy of praise, but he did it without making it seemed forced. MacBeth, the whole opening scene was a stick in the eye of newly passed British law forbidding witchcraft. Knowing it to be ridiculous, he put a scene of witches front and center and made them an integral part of the play. Without them, the entire story of MacBeth doesn't exist.
                        Although it was a very long time ago, I read his actual plays with all the old language and such. I'm sure I missed some things, due to the differences compared to modern language, but he was brilliant.

Comment

Yes, I have, well most of them. Thanks for the long-winded and unnecessary history lesson. I'm fully aware. But it didn't address what I said.
                          Code:

Comment

Ten things I hate about you was a good movie.

Comment

It means that a director or writer REALLLLLLLLLY has to suck to screw up an adaptation of a Shakespearean play. Almost has to be intentional about it.

Comment

I ended up watching it last night. Then today I get home from lunch and I hear "Cruel to be Kind" by Letters to Cleo. My roommate was watching it and I just busted out laughing.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X