X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Movies: New Ideas Welcome II Prequel Reboot

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    I think I watched it a year ago...I mean it is cheesy as heck but I still love me some Bill Paxton and Helen Hunt! And come on Carey Elwes with a horrid accent and acting so awful it makes his turn in Saw look Oscar worthy
    Yes, awful acting is rampant in that movie. If you want to watch it to laugh at how terrible it is, that is something I would understand.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      I disagree. First, I never read the book or saw much of TOS. Second, it's been so long that a huge chunk of the audience never saw the original.
      Darth Vader is Luke's father.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        I think I watched it a year ago...I mean it is cheesy as heck but I still love me some Bill Paxton and Helen Hunt! And come on Carey Elwes with a horrid accent and acting so awful it makes his turn in Saw look Oscar worthy
        "He's in it for the money, not the science!"

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          Yes, awful acting is rampant in that movie. If you want to watch it to laugh at how terrible it is, that is something I would understand.
          But c'mon, it's got Phillip Seymour Hoffman, and one of my all-time favorite "hey, it's that guy" guys, Sean Whalen. I'll admit, I'll watch bits of Twister when ever I surf onto it. Yesterday, as a matter of fact.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            "He's in it for the money, not the science!"
            "Oh by the way really enjoy those weather reports"

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
              But c'mon, it's got Phillip Seymour Hoffman, and one of my all-time favorite "hey, it's that guy" guys, Sean Whalen. I'll admit, I'll watch bits of Twister when ever I surf onto it. Yesterday, as a matter of fact.
              "Its the sucks zone!"
              "LOSER! Move on!"
              "He's gonna rue the day he came up against The Extreme, baby. Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage."

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The CONE is SILENT.
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                  Darth Vader is Luke's father.
                  Of course he is. We all saw Episode III.

Comment

Anti-Social:

Brit movie. Up and coming graffiti artist who is getting looked at by art galleries gets pulled back a little due to his con-man/smash-n-grab robber brother's life.

It was an okay action/drama. Theme obviously being both are rebelling against authority, just using different methods. It's a decent time-killer.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

The 30th Anniversary showing of The Princess Bride is playing on a few screens around town. My gf and I are hitting up the show in a few weeks at the Rosemount theater. It turns out that they get mucho dinero because it's a "special event". $12.50/ticket.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Still Alice:

Gut-punch of a movie. 50 year old diagnosed with early onset familial Alzheimer's Disease. Tough to watch. Really tough. Highly recommend.

And Clown, a local theater did that with Animal House last year. Still worth it to see on the big screen.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

It is now the #5 movie oh the year. It will not catch Spiderman: Homecoming for #4. It is currently #14 only $125 million away from being in the top 10. It could probably get there but is not slated for a release in China so will likely come up short. It is also now the #6 R-rated film ever released and only needs another $13 million to pass Matrix Revolutions and become #4 all time.

Speaking of Spidey, it is now the #4 movie worldwide, passing Wolf Warrior II. What is Wolf Warrior II you ask? A film released almost exclusively in China on July 28. The Chinese prevented any other blockbuster from opening for a month and the result was an impressive $870 million box office. Ironically, most pundits expected Spiderman to remain at #7 but the Chinese blackout helped the webslinger. After only three weeks in release it has banked $130+ and risen to fourth. It is also #4 at the domestic box office but will not catch Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (domestic) or Despicable Me 3 (international) for #3 on either list.

Beauty and the Beast's $1.26 Billion (worldwide) and $504 million (domestic) is currently #1.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                            The 30th Anniversary showing of The Princess Bride is playing on a few screens around town. My gf and I are hitting up the show in a few weeks at the Rosemount theater. It turns out that they get mucho dinero because it's a "special event". $12.50/ticket.
                            Is that part of the Fathom Events/TCM program? They are doing Princess Bride here in October and Casablanca in November. Those programs are top notch.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                              Is that part of the Fathom Events/TCM program? They are doing Princess Bride here in October and Casablanca in November. Those programs are top notch.
                              That sounds familiar to the Animal House thing I went to. Unfortunately, only about 10 people were in the theater, and it was on a Sunday. I still loved it, though. Would like to see more of these offerings.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                That sounds familiar to the Animal House thing I went to. Unfortunately, only about 10 people were in the theater, and it was on a Sunday. I still loved it, though. Would like to see more of these offerings.
                                https://www.fathomevents.com/events?view=grid

The TCM stuff is usually Wednesday and Sunday. I saw The Godfather in July. If you want more, talk to the manager of your local theater.

Comment

Working...
                                X