X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Movies: New Ideas Welcome II Prequel Reboot

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    You guys should watch the movie. I'm not sure Kepler is right on this one.
    I don't know how you can say this. You have empirical evidence and I've just pulled something out of my as-s without a moment's thought.

I mean, how could I be wrong?
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I'm not going to watch. The Vikings replacements went 0-3 which cost a very good team home field for the NFCCG (after destroying Montana's 49ers in the semis aided by Anthony Carter's record setting performance) in which Darrin Effing Nelson dropped a TD pass at the end of regulation sending WAS to the SB instead. ****** them.

Comment

Playing on SyFy right now is... 300.

???
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
          Playing on SyFy right now is... 300.

???
          The whole BSG will be on SyFy later this month.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

The Drowning:

A child psychologist's testimony helped convict a boy of murder. Years later, their paths cross again. Is the recently released convict back for redemption or revenge?

Decent thriller. Solid ending. Some questions remained after watching, due to some introductions to the plot that seem a little wasted; guessing the fleshing out of some of those points ended up on the cutting room floor. Worth a watch.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Christine:

Based on the true story of Christine Chubbock, who killed herself on a live news broadcast. Oh, she was part of the staff of the station. I had always heard about something like this, but never looked into it.

Really good movie, she suffered from depression (not really diagnosed) and was pressured to do more "gory" stories (if it bleeds, it leads mantra). Not something she wanted to do, but being ambitious......and it sent her over the edge.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                Oh baloney.
                You don't find them similar in knowing everything?
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Come And Find Me:

When his girlfriend goes missing, David must track down her whereabouts after he realizes she's not who she was pretending to be.

Started off rather intriguing, then delved into the popcorn movie style (think: Enemy Of The State). Then the ending just went off the rails. There were basically three ways it could have ended, and at least they chose the second worst ending.

Hidden, spoiler to ending:

The girlfriend (who came back) and the guy went out in a blaze of glory. The other 2 ways it could have gone was he was just killed, as a loose end, OR the bad guys knew that she was the only way to get what they were after for, so they sent her back to him and got the information, then he was killed. No matter what, he dies. The context mattered heavily in this case.

Comment

Has anyone seen "Death of Stalin"?

http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/201...absurdly-funny
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Some news:

JJ will come back to direct Episode IX. The film also moved the release date to December 20, 2019 and Disney moved the Aladdin live action movie up to the May 2019 release date. This sets up an interesting confrontation, as Warner Brothers just announced it had finally inked Patty Jenkins to direct Wonder Woman 2 and set its release date to December 13, 2019. Will they keep it there now that it will run into Episode IX in its second week, or figure the holiday box office is big enough to support both blockbusters?

Speculation: Trevorrow's last Episode IX related tweet was August 22. Disney fired him around this date, offered the film to Rian Johnson and were turned down. Disney then entered a bidding war for Jenkins which WB only won by offering her $9 million and points on the backend which could be worth millions more. Disney then turned to JJ and the deal was done quickly. Just speculation and we may never know for sure, but given the timeline that seems to fit.

Comment

Watched 3 movies on the plane

Baywatch
                        Eh, but would watch the Rock in anything

Churchill
                        All D Day.. interesting

Chips
                        Absolutely horrible. To call it dumb is to insult dumb things
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

Chips
                          Will Dax Shepherd and Kristen Bell's kid combine his parent's genes to become the worst box-office cancer of all time?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

Chips

"They knew what they were getting into. I say, let them crash."

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                              Some news:

JJ will come back to direct Episode IX. The film also moved the release date to December 20, 2019 and Disney moved the Aladdin live action movie up to the May 2019 release date. This sets up an interesting confrontation, as Warner Brothers just announced it had finally inked Patty Jenkins to direct Wonder Woman 2 and set its release date to December 13, 2019. Will they keep it there now that it will run into Episode IX in its second week, or figure the holiday box office is big enough to support both blockbusters?

Speculation: Trevorrow's last Episode IX related tweet was August 22. Disney fired him around this date, offered the film to Rian Johnson and were turned down. Disney then entered a bidding war for Jenkins which WB only won by offering her $9 million and points on the backend which could be worth millions more. Disney then turned to JJ and the deal was done quickly. Just speculation and we may never know for sure, but given the timeline that seems to fit.
                              That speculation is completely wrong. Jenkins all but confirmed she was directing months ago. There was never a bidding war with Disney as they thought Johnson was taking the job but he didnt. Disney is having lots of issues with directors for these films.

Patty is also working on a project for TNT (owned by Warners) so she was in no hurry to sign.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Saw the Willy Wonka Ultimate Watch Party at our Alamo tonight, with guest appearances and Q&A by the actors who played Mike Teevee and Veruca Salt. They were great and the show was really very sweet. Catch them if they're in your town.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X