This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Movies: New Ideas Welcome II Prequel Reboot

Finally saw Lion now that it's on Netflix.

Really moving. Very well done. One of the best movies I've seen in a long time

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

On the fence about that one. Will take note of your review.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

When the Levees Broke: A Requiem in Four Acts. This is from 2006 but I had not seen this before. My goodness there were a lot of eff ups when that went down. Equally sad and frustrating.

Comment

The story is great...the movie bored me.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            Schindler's List FTW.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              I can see some thinking it was slow. Shrug. I still loved it.

Comment

I can see some thinking it was slow. Shrug. I still loved it.
                I just get the feeling something was missing. I didnt read the book but Angie did for book club. I didnt dislike the movie.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The Founder:

Biopic of sorts of Ray Kroc, founder *cough* of McDonald's.

He's an a-hole entrepreneur. Next? Good movie, but definitely doesn't sugarcoat things.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    The Founder:

Biopic of sorts of Ray Kroc, founder *cough* of McDonald's.

He's an a-hole entrepreneur. Next? Good movie, but definitely doesn't sugarcoat things.
                    As I said a couple of months back, I thought it was well-executed, without needlessly drifting into excruciating detail about Kroc's extramarital affairs (all of which were amalgamated into his third wife, Joan). Keaton was great.

Kroc technically was the founder of the real estate brokerage called the McDonalds Corporation. But yes, he was a first class prick.

Comment

Detour:

A law student, thinking his stepfather caused his mother to enter into a coma, drunkenly enters a verbal contract to kill his stepfather.

A little scattered, lots of what is really the truth/what is happening, a sort of multiple storyline sort of movie. It ties up nicely at the end, with a few twists, of course. Worth killing some time to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        As I said a couple of months back, I thought it was well-executed, without needlessly drifting into excruciating detail about Kroc's extramarital affairs (all of which were amalgamated into his third wife, Joan). Keaton was great.

Kroc technically was the founder of the real estate brokerage called the McDonalds Corporation. But yes, he was a first class prick.
                        Mookie grabbed a quick QPwC yesterday--- very tasty (considering). Maybe there was something to that "best fast food in the world" blurb. Will have to get a bucket from the colonel and test it out.
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Vice:

A high-tech resort using AI Residents caters to your every whim. No law, no consequences. But then things go awry. Decent concept, ended up being a really crappy made-for-cable movie, at best. I dunno if Lifetime would even bother airing this garbage. Don't bother watching.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            Vice:

A high-tech resort using AI Residents caters to your every whim. No law, no consequences. But then things go awry. Decent concept, ended up being a really crappy made-for-cable movie, at best. I dunno if Lifetime would even bother airing this garbage. Don't bother watching.
                            Trying to capitalize on the success/intrigue of Westworld?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              Trying to capitalize on the success/intrigue of Westworld?
                              I think the movie was based on the original movie, but this version did come out before the HBO series....

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                I think the movie was based on the original movie, but this version did come out before the HBO series....
                                But after the 1973 movie starring Yul Brunner, Richard Benjamin, and James Brolin??
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X