• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rube
    replied
    Re: Movies: New Ideas Welcome II Prequel Reboot

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    I don't see the point of owning a movie that sucks. I mean now many times can you go MST3K on the same bit?
    I still laugh when I pop in Rock Of Ages. Same with Road House. Sometimes you just need some dumb hilarious entertainment.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied

I don't see the point of owning a movie that sucks. I mean now many times can you go MST3K on the same bit?

Leave a comment:

• bostonewe
    replied

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    Holy ****, man. "Get Out". That's how you make a movie.
    Agreed -- loved it.

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied

Holy ****, man. "Get Out". That's how you make a movie.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Road House isn't that good. There are only a half dozen movies everyone should own. That's not even in the top 50. Or 100.
    THAT'S THE POINT. It is an awesomely horrible movie. I mean, come on. "I used to f* guys like you in jail" is supposed to be intimidating? "Pain don't hurt." "No one wins a fight." Turrible.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Road House isn't that good. There are only a half dozen movies everyone should own. That's not even in the top 50. Or 100.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

ewe: you need to not only watch Road House, you need to OWN a copy. It's that gloriously bad.

Horsemen:

A recently widowed detective still grieving over his wife's death discovers a shocking connection between a serial killing spree and the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

It's "Se7en"-lite. Hack writing, but man, the actors did the most with it and salvaged it. Ziyi Zhang continues to be one of my fave actresses in her role. Definitely recommend despite the obvious flaws for this type of movie.

Leave a comment:

• bostonewe
    replied

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Eurotrip.

I only even heard about it because of the video for "Scotty Doesn't Know." I did not expect anything.

It is ridiculously, stupidly funny.
    Agreed -- I love this movie. And the cameo of Matt Damon makes me smile everytime.

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    "This isn't where I parked my car!"
    This is my husband's and my go to line when something ridiculous is happening. We watched Eurotrip on our 3rd date.
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Road House is something else, it's not what I'm talking about. It's great and it's bad but it's just too darn competent to be a great bad movie.

I would say it's because the major tone of Road House is genre movie, not dumb movie. That's it. Road House, somehow, is just not gloriously, intentionally, dumb enough. You get the idea that at some moment during Road House somebody -- probably the chick in the picnic tablecloth dress -- was actually trying.
    I haven't seen Road House, but having just gone to see Point Break for the first time (they have Cult Classics on the 3rd Thursday of the month at our local theater and the June movie was the original Point Break), tcbg and I decided we should watch Road House too.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Road House begins and ends the discussion of great bad movies.
    Road House is something else, it's not what I'm talking about. It's great and it's bad but it's just too darn competent to be a great bad movie.

I would say it's because the major tone of Road House is genre movie, not dumb movie. That's it. Road House, somehow, is just not gloriously, intentionally, dumb enough. You get the idea that at some moment during Road House somebody -- probably the chick in the picnic tablecloth dress -- was actually trying.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Handy can back me on this:

SKI SCHOOL RULED.
    Yes Ski School did in fact rule

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    How the eff had you not seen EuroTrip?
    There are rumors, which you can't breathe to Dr. Mrs. or she foams at the mouth, that I am over two hundred years old.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Road House begins and ends the discussion of great bad movies. The only difference is that it tried to be serious.

Top Secret! is HOF material, IMO.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by rufus View Post
    Eurotrip is one of, if not the, greatest bad movie of all time
    I sh-t you not. I read this and my immediate thought was Ski School. Which, BTW, I have not watched or thought about in 20 years.

We each had about 20,000 terrible movies to choose from and we both picked the same one. That has to mean something.

My other choice would be Top Secret!

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Mercy:

A woman with a 2nd husband and 4 children (2 are step-children) is on her deathbed. Large inheritance involved. Drama, right? Not so fast. The movie decides to make it a straight up horror movie also. Didn't finish. That much of a mess of a movie. Horrible.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by rufus View Post
    Eurotrip is one of, if not the, greatest bad movie of all time, and I use the term bad in a totally affectionate way. Not trying to be anything, dumb, stupid, low brow, trashy, you know what I mean. Not good vs bad 'bad', just a movie that knows it's not high art, and isn't trying to be. The only other film that comes close to me is Ski School, although The Grind is right up there as well.

I caught part of it the other day on FX, or FXX one of those channels, and it's edited so badly. When the kid takes his camera in to be cleaned, and starts making out with the chick in the alley, while Cooper is at the bondage place, and Lucy Lawless calls in the two big beefy dudes, they cut to commercial right there, and then it comes back with them meeting up at the bus stop the next day.

Scottie asks Cooper how his night was: "Don't ask", and then the other kid shows up, all smiles, "I got robbed, it was awesome!!!" but you never saw any of it, and anyone who had never seen the movie before wouldn't have a clue what happened, would just be like .
    Handy can back me on this:

SKI SCHOOL RULED.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X