• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Re: Movies: New Ideas Welcome II Prequel Reboot

I hated Clockwork.

Leave a comment:

• burd
    replied

Mrs. burd rented A Clockwork Orange through the local library, and I'm interested in how I'll find it. It's been a long long time.

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied
    Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    The Loft:

5 married men agree to rent a secret luxury loft for their extramarital affairs. Then a woman is murdered. With only 5 keys in existence....

SO many twists and turns and backstories. It was done fairly well, though. If you like trying to piece something together only to have it fall apart, this is for you.
    Good to know. Picked it up cheap on Blu Ray a few months back but hadn't gotten around to watching it.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Little Miss Sunshine. Off-beat family road trip comedy. Brilliant first third, cromulent middle third, lazy final third. Best line: "Coming from you that means a lot." Best touch: the vanity plate on the MacArthur grant winner's car: LOSTIME.

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
    We enjoyed it more than we thought we would. It's based on the Gen. Stan McCrystal - Rolling Stone story.

We watched Whiskey Tango Foxtrot last night. Went in not expecting much, but it too was enjoyable. Did a good job of showing A-stan from a different point of view.
    mookie watched it this morning. thanks brent.

the ben kingsley casting was spot on!!!! mookie even thought that when first seeing kharzi "what's ben kingsley doing on tv in afghan?!?!"

funny but we talk about that here (well mookie listening to locals...) "who wants freedom? people want safety. even iraq was safe with sadaam in charge" true 'dat.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
    We enjoyed it more than we thought we would. It's based on the Gen. Stan McCrystal - Rolling Stone story.

We watched Whiskey Tango Foxtrot last night. Went in not expecting much, but it too was enjoyable. Did a good job of showing A-stan from a different point of view.
    As soon as the Rolling Stone guy showed up, yeah, pretty obvious on what it was based on. Had no knowledge of what the movie was about, really, going into it. Just the Netflix plot summary.

Leave a comment:

• SteveP
    replied

War Machine:

Brad Pitt as a general assigned to win a war that isn't winnable. It's part drama, part dark comedy, part satire. While the movie is good overall, it really doesn't commit to a certain direction of style, which would have made the movie much better. Worth a watch, though, for sure.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied

Annabelle: Creation. Ho Lee Fu... Best scary movie I've seen since I can't remember. It was fun as hell too seeing it with a jam packed theater. Also a funny accident happened which didn't hurt the experience. During the climax the power in the theater went out and the emergency lights turned on. It definitely freaked out the crowd and created quite a buzz until the movie started back up about 5 minutes later. Highly recommend although I can't guarantee the power will also go out for you.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

War Machine:

Brad Pitt as a general assigned to win a war that isn't winnable. It's part drama, part dark comedy, part satire. While the movie is good overall, it really doesn't commit to a certain direction of style, which would have made the movie much better. Worth a watch, though, for sure.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
    I saw an ad for this and wondered if it was going to be decent. Is it streaming or disc?
    Streaming.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

If you like trying to piece something together only to have it fall apart, this is for you.
    It's for me. :-)

Thanks for the tip, I'll try it. I recommend The Unpleasantness at the Bellona Club for this.

Leave a comment:

• bostonewe
    replied

The Loft:

5 married men agree to rent a secret luxury loft for their extramarital affairs. Then a woman is murdered. With only 5 keys in existence....

SO many twists and turns and backstories. It was done fairly well, though. If you like trying to piece something together only to have it fall apart, this is for you.
    I saw an ad for this and wondered if it was going to be decent. Is it streaming or disc?

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

The Loft:

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

What Happened To Monday:

Set in the future, where there is a strict 1-child policy worldwide, a set of septuplets who live as one person try and survive life.

Very interesting twist on a cliched concept. Brings up a few issues you might not think about. And of course, in the future, there is surveillance everywhere, and checkpoints, etc.

I really liked it, even though the ending was a little bit of a letdown. The most interesting part of the movie was how they actually lived and dealt with everyday things. Definitely worth a watch, though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X