Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Yourselves, Part 4: Sucking up bandwidth with poor pictures of weird tattoos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Show Yourselves, Part 4: Sucking up bandwidth with poor pictures of weird tattoos

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
    No...but the next two were.

Were yours straight Bailey's or is there some schnapps in there too...

Comment

• Re: Show Yourselves, Part 4: Sucking up bandwidth with poor pictures of weird tattoos

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      Were yours straight Bailey's or is there some schnapps in there too...
      That was something called a Duck Fart. There was Bailey's, Kahlua, and something else.
      St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
        That was something called a Duck Fart. There was Bailey's, Kahlua, and something else.
        And Crown Royal. Your bartender is also lazy because a Duck Fart is supposed to be layered, not mixed in a shaker
        Originally posted by Twitch Boy
        Like the sign out front says, "the price of freedom is visible here."

Comment

I see this is the thread where you post pictures of yourself and then everyone rips on you.
          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
            I see this is the thread where you post pictures of yourself and then everyone rips on you.
            Unless your picture includes your new baby, that is how it has always been.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I wasn't expecting props for my "******** Nugent" spread.

Comment

Yeah...but if I cared what a bunch of faceless dweebs from the internet thought, I'd have hung myself a long time ago.
                St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

So the only difference from this and every other thread is the pictures...
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Our wedding ceremony at the John MacInnes Student Ice Arena in Houghton, Michigan.
                    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Our wedding ceremony at the John MacInnes Student Ice Arena in Houghton, Michigan.
                      Why haven't the Morning shows picked this up yet?

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                        Mourning shows?

Comment

Give it time
                          tUMD Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Painted_Bandit View Post
                            And Crown Royal. Your bartender is also lazy because a Duck Fart is supposed to be layered, not mixed in a shaker
                            well???? in what order!?!!
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Camera geeks- I need help! Shooting Cross Country running. Can't set manual because the conditions change way to fast. For some reason my sport mode is washing out everything looks blanched. I can correct by going into the editor but at 600 pics last meet this is ridiculous. Is this my camera (which is not that old but probably has 50K pics on it) or my lens 70-300 IS (has about 80K pics)? I can take great photos but only because I have learned by experiment. Don't have enough knowledge to figure out what the hell is going on. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Camera geeks- I need help! Shooting Cross Country running. Can't set manual because the conditions change way to fast. For some reason my sport mode is washing out everything looks blanched. I can correct by going into the editor but at 600 pics last meet this is ridiculous. Is this my camera (which is not that old but probably has 50K pics on it) or my lens 70-300 IS (has about 80K pics)? I can take great photos but only because I have learned by experiment. Don't have enough knowledge to figure out what the hell is going on. Any help would be appreciated.

Are you sure that something else isn't set wrong? Maybe they are being overexposed due to exposure settings. If not...

70-300? Can I assume you're taking photos from a distance?

For shooting sports outside, where sun can change quickly or exposure can change depending on which direction you're looking, I'd suggest using the AV setting. This bases the shutter speed on the f-stop setting that you choose. For sports, most people like a shallow depth of field, so set it as low as it will go. Some 70-300s will be able to go to 2.8, many others are in the 4.5 range.

Setting it low will have your subject in focus and the background blurry. Once set in AV, the camera will automatically choose the shutter speed that it believes will expose your shot correctly, based on how it's reading the lighting.

The other consideration will be shutter speed as a running (moving) subject will require a faster speed. If they're bigger/older kids, it's likely that 1/320 will be the minimum speed that you can get away with. The camera will take care of this for you, but if it's an overcast day, the camera may have to choose a shutter speed around, say 1/100, which will most likely give you blurry subjects.

If you're seeing slow shutter speeds due to lower lighting, bump up the iso setting to 200, 400 or 800 until you see the speeds in the range where you need them.

Hope this helps. I've shot thousands and thousands (and THOUSANDS) of lacrosse, baseball & hockey photos.

I love talking camera geek stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X