Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The States. It's 10th Amendment or bust!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas is ramming a bathroom bill through their legislature.

Can't enforce it; what are you going to do, put a cop at every bathroom door?

This will lead to more violence against trans people.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Re: The States. It's 10th Amendment or bust!

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
      This will lead to more violence against trans people.
      For them this is a feature, not a bug.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Texas is ramming a bathroom bill through their legislature.
        And if there's anyone who could use a good ramming, it's Texans...preferably with the business end of their favorite rifle.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          And if there's anyone who could use a good ramming, it's Texans...preferably with the business end of their favorite rifle.
          If this passes, I hope they lose a bunch of tourism dollars.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

If this passes, I hope they lose a bunch of tourism dollars.
            They won't. It's not a sizeable issue for most people. It's something most people will discuss, but not something that'll change their plans. Why? Because it doesn't directly impact their lives. Or they either don't know of the family member's situation (closeted) or choose to ignore/disown that family member. Most people don't really look beyond the reach of their arms and wallets when it comes to living their lives.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              They won't. It's not a sizeable issue for most people. It's something most people will discuss, but not something that'll change their plans. Why? Because it doesn't directly impact their lives. Or they either don't know of the family member's situation (closeted) or choose to ignore/disown that family member. Most people don't really look beyond the reach of their arms and wallets when it comes to living their lives.
              North Carolina lost tons of business with the same stupid law. They won't get conferences or sporting events with that **** on the books.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                North Carolina lost tons of business with the same stupid law. They won't get conferences or sporting events with that **** on the books.
                I think TX is less concerned with that. It's big enough, has enough other things going on, that they won't be as significantly impacted by those decisions as states the size of NC. Also, Texans seem to be more stubborn than other states' residents, and will take such a lump if it means imposing God's Will of hatred onto others. You know, like Jesus did.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I think TX is less concerned with that. It's big enough, has enough other things going on, that they won't be as significantly impacted by those decisions as states the size of NC. Also, Texans seem to be more stubborn than other states' residents, and will take such a lump if it means imposing God's Will of hatred onto others. You know, like Jesus did.
                  Almost 4 million Texans voted Democratic in 2016. While it's still a comfortably red state there are a huge number of educated and tolerant people there. This kind of dark ages derp is going to energize them.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

And with the Supreme Court in their back pocket that should set back Transgender rights to where they belong. Good for them. Again, I'm thanking God neither of my kids are afflicted with such a condition.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

And with the Supreme Court in their back pocket that should set back Transgender rights to where they belong. Good for them. Again, I'm thanking God neither of my kids are afflicted with such a condition.
                      Hopefully they're not female, either. The right has branded that an illness as well.

In Gilead, all this will be set right.
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I'm not entirely sure that's true. Total loss of all NCAA-sponsored events, big musical acts and likely many other entertainment groups will boycott, the NFL and NBA will not hold championship or all-star events there, companies like GE, Dow, Pepsi, Hyatt, HP, Choice Hotels, Deutsche Bank, PayPal, and Lionsgate (among many others) all announced plans to freeze jobs or cancel investments in North Carolina. California (and other states) had enacted bans on public employees state-funded travel to North Carolina. The NFL has already gone on record that they will pull the Super Bowl from Texas if this goes through. And with tourism as Texas' second largest industry, it will feel the pain almost immediately.

What happens when the NCAA kills off the football championship there, the final four in San Antonio, kills all NCAA basketball early round play, and the NFL pulls the Super Bowl? That's an assload of money ironically being flushed down the toilet with this bill.

The reality is that Texas relies on tourism more than most states. With the Trump Slump in international tourism already taking its toll on the US tourism industry, if domestic tourism starts declining in Texas they are going to be hurting.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I don't think Roberts and Kennedy have any interest in doing that. No idea about Gorsuch. Alito and Thomas, yes, they're bigots who want to enact their bigotry into law, but right now it's 6-3 at the worst, and if Gorsuch turns out to be another Roberts then the knucks are down to 7-2 on social issues.

The Court is in the plutes' pocket, not the Thumpers'.
                          Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            I don't think Roberts and Kennedy have any interest in doing that. No idea about Gorsuch. Alito and Thomas, yes, they're bigots who want to enact their bigotry into law, but right now it's 6-3 at the worst, and if Gorsuch turns out to be another Roberts then the knucks are down to 7-2 on social issues.

It's 6-3. Gorsuch didn't replace Scalia. He's further right. Thomas has a buddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              I'm not entirely sure that's true. Total loss of all NCAA-sponsored events, big musical acts and likely many other entertainment groups will boycott, the NFL and NBA will not hold championship or all-star events there, companies like GE, Dow, Pepsi, Hyatt, HP, Choice Hotels, Deutsche Bank, PayPal, and Lionsgate (among many others) all announced plans to freeze jobs or cancel investments in North Carolina. California (and other states) had enacted bans on public employees state-funded travel to North Carolina. The NFL has already gone on record that they will pull the Super Bowl from Texas if this goes through. And with tourism as Texas' second largest industry, it will feel the pain almost immediately.

What happens when the NCAA kills off the football championship there, the final four in San Antonio, kills all NCAA basketball early round play, and the NFL pulls the Super Bowl? That's an assload of money ironically being flushed down the toilet with this bill.

The reality is that Texas relies on tourism more than most states. With the Trump Slump in international tourism already taking its toll on the US tourism industry, if domestic tourism starts declining in Texas they are going to be hurting.
                              The NFL stuff will be what kills it. Jerryworld got built specifically to house major events like the Super Bowl.
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Gorsuch is right of Alito. I'm not sure I'd count Roberts, either. He had his chance to moderate his opinion in the follow up to Obergefell, and didn't. Until proven otherwise, you have to assume any opinions regarding LGBT people will be 5-4, with Kennedy joining the liberals.

Comment

Working...
                                X