Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The States. It's 10th Amendment or bust!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The States. It's 10th Amendment or bust!

So, Kansas legislators pussed out on real economic growth? What gives?
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      IINM the median home value for American homeowners first exceeded $100k in around 2004. So, prior to that, half of Americans who owned a home had it appraised for 5 digits. That is almost beyond belief if you grew up in the Northeast where a sh-tbox starts at $300k.

Even here, though, the drop off is steep when you leave the burbs. We're selling our fine little P.O.R. Cape Cod for $250k and it's right in line with comps. The place we're moving is a townhouse that is slightly smaller and we'll buy it (in 54 minutes) for well over twice that amount. All for the privilege of having neighbors who can think and speak in complete sentences.

It's worth it.
      Oh I truly hope your neighbors are hockey parents with the Raiders.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

IINM the median home value for American homeowners first exceeded $100k in around 2004. So, prior to that, half of Americans who owned a home had it appraised for 5 digits. That is almost beyond belief if you grew up in the Northeast where a sh-tbox starts at $300k.

Even here, though, the drop off is steep when you leave the burbs. We're selling our fine little P.O.R. Cape Cod for $250k and it's right in line with comps. The place we're moving is a townhouse that is slightly smaller and we'll buy it (in 54 minutes) for well over twice that amount. All for the privilege of having neighbors who can think and speak in complete sentences.

It's worth it.
        Its better to not have neighbors, period
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          Oh I truly hope your neighbors are hockey parents with the Raiders.
          Not a lot of older kids in our cluster -- more of a newly married with very small kids / newly freed with kids finally independent, woohoo! let's change the locks and drink! kinda place.

But I would appreciate some local hockey literates. I would not be shocked to find Lynah Faithful in the vicinity.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

LOL. Unfortunate quote.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Welcome to like 3 days ago

(or yesterday in the POTUS thread )

It isnt unfortunate...she meant every word of it and Ossoff has to be destroying her with it.

The numbers I saw yesterday showed early voting at 46k with 2 weeks to go. In the actual election only 55k voted
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                Welcome to like 3 days ago

(or yesterday in the POTUS thread )

It isnt unfortunate...she meant every word of it and Ossoff has to be destroying her with it.

The numbers I saw yesterday showed early voting at 46k with 2 weeks to go. In the actual election only 55k voted
                Wait for the GOP to claim that the dems are bussing in illegals to cast votes...

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  How many voted early?
                  Cornell University

Comment

How many voted early?
                    In the actual election? No idea but good question. The article I read made it seem like it is outpacing the election though.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Good, good:

While it’s still unclear whether Democrats will get their first signature victory of the year in Georgia’s 6th House District, a takeover in New Jersey’s gubernatorial race looks likely later this fall.

On Tuesday, Lt. Gov Kim Guadagno won the GOP primary with 47 percent against four other candidates. Former Goldman Sachs executive Phil Murphy won the Democratic primary with 48 percent against five other contenders.

But nearly twice as many people voted in the Democratic primary compared to the GOP contest, and Murphy led Guadagno, 50 percent-25 percent, in a Quinnipiac University poll taken before the primaries. That might not have even been the worst number in the survey.

President Donald Trump’s job approval rating stood at 35 percent (56 percent disapproved) in the April 26 to May 1 poll. And that looked stellar compared to outgoing GOP Gov. Chris Christie’s 18 percent job approval rating (77 percent disapproved). Those are difficult numbers for any Republican candidate to overcome, particularly when Murphy will likely outspend Guadagno.
                      Meanwhile, in GA-6:

Democrat Jon Ossoff is leading Republican Karen Handel by 7 points in Georgia’s House special election, according to a new poll, 51 percent to 44 percent.

Five percent in the the Atlanta Journal-Constitution survey released Friday remain undecided in the nationally watched race to replace former Rep. Tom Price (R), who left to become President Trump’s Health and Human Services secretary.

It's the first poll released since the two debated earlier this week.

Ossoff has lifted Democrats’ hopes of picking off the longtime GOP-held seat, one Republicans have held since 1979.
                      Cornell University

Comment

Could we be on our way to a first since 1959? https://www.infowars.com/puerto-rico...-on-statehood/

Comment

• Michigan is considering raising the tobacco age to 21. Love this state, can't stand the government.
                          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                          Patreon for exclusive writing content
                          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Still better than Illinois.

Speaking of... I was just told today that the Illinois DOT will be sending each contractor a written notice next week stating that they are to stop performing any destructive work, and use the final two weeks to button any projects up as if it's winter shutdown. And all work will be halted June 30th.

Then, on July 1st, there is talk that the State of Illinois will shut down because we are approaching the third consecutive year without a state budget.

But wait, didn't Illinois pass a bill last year that road construction would be unaffected by shutdowns? If the State comptroller isn't writing checks, no one's getting paid. Money in accounts be dammed.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                              Michigan is considering raising the tobacco age to 21. Love this state, can't stand the government.
                              I'm ok with that. Raise it to 30 for all I care.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                                Michigan is considering raising the tobacco age to 21. Love this state, can't stand the government.
                                I don't understand them. Raise the smoking age, pass a law allowing concealed carry without permit or training.
                                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X