Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The States. It's 10th Amendment or bust!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The States. It's 10th Amendment or bust!

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I consider myself relatively knowledgeable on politics, and Coleman is only vaguely familiar. I couldn't tell you what he does right now. That doesn't bode well for him.
    I mean no disrespect but if you dont know who Chris Coleman is then you are not very knowledgeable on Minnesota politics. (three term mayor of St. Paul) If he gets the nomination he will clean up because he will walk away with St. Paul (he is very very popular as you can guess) and well I dont see Minneapolis voting for Paul Ryan-Lite.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      I mean no disrespect but if you dont know who Chris Coleman is then you are not very knowledgeable on Minnesota politics. (three term mayor of St. Paul) If he gets the nomination he will clean up because he will walk away with St. Paul (he is very very popular as you can guess) and well I dont see Minneapolis voting for Paul Ryan-Lite.
      *shrug* I look more at the national and statewide aspects of Minnesota I guess. Don't really get into the city mayors, even for the big cities. I guess I should start paying more attention.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Coleman is the reason why people dont like that the clown from Southern Minnesota is giving up his House seat to run for a Gubernatorial Run. He has almost no shot to win and is hurting the national numbers.

Coleman is not without issues, but he would take the Twin Cities pretty easily and that right there is 70% of the battle. Yes this state had issues last election but if you look at the numbers Dayton, Klobuchar, Franken and Ellison are riding pretty good numbers these days. I dont see any way that changes if a competent candidate like Coleman gets the nod.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          *shrug* I look more at the national and statewide aspects of Minnesota I guess. Don't really get into the city mayors, even for the big cities. I guess I should start paying more attention.
          To be honest I couldn't name the mayor of the place I live or the place I am moving. Now you mention it, I don't think I have ever known the name of the mayor of any place I have ever lived. It's a grip and grin office; a mayor does nothing.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I don't see how this could withstand First Amendment scrutiny. It might fail on the bill of attainder aspects too.

Alabama Senate votes to allow a church to start its own police force.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              I don't see how this could withstand First Amendment scrutiny. It might fail on the bill of attainder aspects too.

Alabama Senate votes to allow a church to start its own police force.
              Hasn't been a good Article I, Section 9, paragraph 3 challenge for awhile. Now if only we could revisit Letters of Marque.

I'll say one thing for the "Constitutionalists" on the right. They sure do promote a better understanding of the Constitution.
              Last edited by Kepler; 06-01-2017, 08:56 AM.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                To be honest I couldn't name the mayor of the place I live or the place I am moving. Now you mention it, I don't think I have ever known the name of the mayor of any place I have ever lived. It's a grip and grin office; a mayor does nothing.
                I bet if your mayor was the frontrunner for Governor (a race that is kind of important these days) you might be able to do a little research. Plus...it isnt like the Mayor of the Capital of the State wouldnt be in the news from time to time
                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I bet if your mayor was the frontrunner for Governor (a race that is kind of important these days) you might be able to do a little research. Plus...it isnt like the Mayor of the Capital of the State wouldnt be in the news from time to time
                  Yeah, the name Chris Coleman is a name that anyone following MN news would know. They wouldn't even have to follow politics, they'd still see his name. It's the same office Norm Coleman used to eventually win a senate seat in 2002.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    Hasn't been a good Article I, Section 9, paragraph 3 challenge for awhile. Now if only we could revisit Letters of Marque.

I'll say one thing for the "Constitutionalists" on the right. They sure do promote a better understanding of the Constitution.
                    Kep

I've wanted to use "Letters of Marque and Reprisal" against the illegal drug importers for quite a while. Why not reestablish (outsource?) interdiction efforts to privateers???

Think of the fees the government could take in for franchise fees for each ship in the privateer fleet! The privateer would make his/her $$$ on selling the vessel in Admiralty Court.
                    Last edited by joecct; 06-01-2017, 09:01 AM.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Plus...it isnt like the Mayor of the Capital of the State wouldnt be in the news from time to time
                      This is actually a big difference between the east and the west. The only way the mayor of Albany could ever get into the news would be a sex scandal, and then only on a day when there were no fires or lost dogs.
                      Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        Kep

I've wanted to use "Letters of Marque and Reprisal" against the illegal drug importers for quite a while. Why not reestablish (outsource?) interdiction efforts to privateers???
                        How well has that worked with prisons?

Comment

I am not proud to admit this, but I have no idea of the name of the Maryland governor. I know it's a Republican, which means they beat an incredibly lame Democratic nominee who I can also not name (but who I voted for, no fear).

Maybe I'm just not really big on local politics.
                          Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            I am not proud to admit this, but I have no idea the name of the Maryland governor. I know it's a Republican.
                            Larry Hogan. Think of him as a check on the override proof D dominated legislature.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              Larry Hogan. Think of him as a check on the override proof D dominated legislature.
                              After looking it up, I still have no memory of either person.

Is that little blue square up top PG County?

Edit: no, it's Baltimore City.

I don't really take a lot of interest in this state. I've only been here for 13 years...
                              Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                This is actually a big difference between the east and the west. The only way the mayor of Albany could ever get into the news would be a sex scandal, and then only on a day when there were no fires or lost dogs.
                                Oh come on...no one believes Albany is the Capital of New York
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X