X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.1 - You take the high road and I'll take the low road

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    Read the last paragraph of the Snopes article. It literally says exactly what I posted. This has to do with money, or as the rules calls it 'financial affairs.'
    What this one?

Although this rule implementation has been reported in some quarters as an attempt to bar all Social Security recipients from gun ownership, it would pertain exclusively to the subset of Social Security disability recipients who have been deemed incompetent to handle their own financial affairs.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      He has? Because if Facebook is any indication, you are very much wrong.
      Do you understand what "private conversation" means?
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
        Yeah, it's when people with Alzheimer's or other mental diseases can't make competent decisions and need Power of Attorney or Guardianship granted.

If grandpa can't find his car keys he put in the refrigerator next to the cat, I sure as hell don't want him wielding, let alone owning, a gun.

This isn't about poor people on social security. It's about people on social security or disability who could harm themselves or others.
        That is one instance, obviously, but there are a lot of others that have nothing to do with one's mental state. There are some where it's a matter of convenience or the person is just poor managing their money. Antoine Walker went bankrupt after all. A lot of people here are putting the cart before the horse and fundamentally misunderstand the rule.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
          wow you are dumb. it does not say that AT ALL. Read the last paragraph again. Do you understand what 'deemed incompetent' means?

here is a quote from your other article that explains it better:

not all poor people are assigned a representative payee. Only those mentally unfit to manage their affairs are.
          How do you determine if someone is unfit to manage their financial affairs?

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
            Yup. Wasn't the first to establish a National Park?

And now, like everything that's become politicized, when you have the power your are righteous with it; when the other side has the power they are demonic with it.

Obama's 2015 Terrorist Travel Prevention Act was righteous; Trump's EO is ________.

When I see stuff like this I'm more convinced that this is all the magician's front hand and that we, the public, are being played.
            You realize this was debunked like 8 pages go right? If you want to concern troll please research
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              OK, looking at this, obviously diplomats on related visas are OK, and can also petition the SoS/SoHS to enter. Also, I do not see Islam mentioned anywhere in the order, although I do see some policies related to the religion that do not promote life, liberty, and property according to the 14th. Thank you for providing this.
              Correct, by my interpretation too. The "general folk" like you or I who would apply for visas, had regular green cards, or have dual citizenship thanks to parents, are denied entry to the US. Even if we had been living here, paid taxes here, and flew out of the country prior to the weekend.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
              X