NFL 2016-17 II: Playoffs, Super Bowl, and Offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL 2016-17 II: Playoffs, Super Bowl, and Offseason

All field goals for Pittsburgh so far. 15-7 near the end of the 3rd.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Re: NFL 2016-17 II: Playoffs, Super Bowl, and Offseason

As close as the score is, this is a really boring game.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

It is very boring
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Did I just read in the last thread that a Minnesota hockey fan was calling another fanbase pretentious?

Lulz.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
          Did I just read in the last thread that a Minnesota hockey fan was calling another fanbase pretentious?

Lulz.
          Oh, we know we are pretentious. /tArrogance

That's the difference.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            Oh, we know we are pretentious. /tArrogance

That's the difference.
            Not only do Gophers fans know it, they admit it too. Packers fans either refuse to admit it or are too drunk on turpentine to realize it.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              Not only do Gophers fans know it, they admit it too. Packers fans either refuse to admit it or are too drunk on turpentine to realize it.
              Bingo.

Comment

As a person who lives in the nation and is a football fan, Mookie rarely (if ever) even thinks about the packers --- let alone hates them
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  As a person who lives in the nation and is a football fan, Mookie rarely (if ever) even thinks about the packers --- let alone hates them
                  I'm guessing most football fans living outside Minnie and WI feel that way.

Comment

Chicago too
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I didn't watch any football this week, or most weeks before this. But from posts and articles I take it the only team that looked great was... Atlanta?
                      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                        I didn't watch any football this week, or most weeks before this. But from posts and articles I take it the only team that looked great was... Atlanta?
                        I watched 7 of the 8 games and Atlanta was the best of the bunch, but I did not watch New England so they may have looked just as good.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          I watched 7 of the 8 games and Atlanta was the best of the bunch, but I did not watch New England so they may have looked just as good.
                          New England didn't look good at all. The final score is misleading. A decent offense would have gotten more points than Houston did, and the offense looked very pedestrian.

I would rank the performances like this:

1. Atlanta
                          2. Green Bay
                          3. Dallas, Pittsburgh, New England
                          6. Kansas City
                          7. Seattle
                          8. Houston

IMO, Dallas looked as good losing as Pittsburgh and New England looked winning. They had the misfortune of playing against a QB who is playing out of his mind (especially in the second quarter).

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            Everyone except Patriots/Cowboys fans hate the Patriots/Cowboys. Nobody cares about the Packers outside of NFC North country.
                            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                            Originally posted by Quizmire
                            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                              Everyone except Patriots/Cowboys fans hate the Patriots/Cowboys. Nobody cares about the Packers outside of NFC North country.
                              Completely agree with this.
                              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Working...
                              X