Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.0: It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.0: It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Yes the internet is full of misinformation. That doesn't give what should be considered serious sources of news/information carte blanche to make s##t up as they go.
    Expect this to be the Trump gambit, echoed by his useful idiots. Somebody else told a lie once so I can lie about everything all the time.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Today I made an appearance downtown
      I am an expert witness, because I say I am
      And I said, gentleman, and I use that word loosely
      I will testify for you
      I'm a gun for hire, I'm a saint, I'm a liar
      Because there are no facts, there is no truth
      Just data to be manipulated

I can get any result you like
      What's it worth to ya?
      Last edited by The Sicatoka; 01-23-2017, 04:53 PM.
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
        While I understand the impulse, I'm actually glad SNL took the high road in response. If you sink to Rush's level by going after little kids, what standing do you have left to criticize from? I'd say just leave the kids out of it.
        Note, I'm not supporting going after a pol's kids.

I'm saying it's hypocritical to laugh at one, whilst expressing poutrage over the other. Which presumably many of these keyboard kommandos are doing, and are justifying it by saying, "Yeah, well libs did it, too!"

Freepers and their ilk are famous for this - they spent 8 years making racist jokes about the Obama daughters, which they justified by saying that the taxpayers were paying for them to live in the White House and take vacations with their parents, so therefore they are public figures.

Comment

There is still a potential upside to Trump's inevitable comeuppance. If, when he crashes and burns, he lays waste to the politics of hatred and hypocrisy that he personifies so well. But we have to be somewhat careful to contain the flames to the Party and culture that has promoted him. (i.e. He will make blatant lies, bigotry, etc. recognizable and repugnant in a national politician for a generation)
          I guess what I meant is, he makes "the right thing" abundantly clear to us all by demonstrating the opposite extreme. I'm confident he will fail spectacularly if good people stay the course of resistance.
          Note that I'm quite conservative philosophically and even I can see this... more and more are getting on board; we just can't stand for it. I'm hoping that within a few months (say, by the time of impeachment) even his voters will disavow their votes. Welcome them aboard. Be nice.
          tl/dr The democrat party won the election.
          Last edited by geezer; 01-23-2017, 06:22 PM.
          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Hey Donald - consider this the token of my "patriotic devotion"

....................../´¯/)
            ....................,/¯../
            .................../..../
            ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
            ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
            ........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
            .........\.................'...../
            ..........''...\.......... _.·´
            ............\..............(
            ..............\.............\

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              Hey Donald - consider this the token of my "patriotic devotion"

....................../´¯/)
              ....................,/¯../
              .................../..../
              ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
              ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
              ........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
              .........\.................'...../
              ..........''...\.......... _.·´
              ............\..............(
              ..............\.............\
              Gee. tD had been in office for a bit over 3 days and you're this unhinged? He has 4 years in office! Keep this up and you'll be in a straitjacket by 2018!

Take a deep breath. Sure your girl lost. Life is full of disappointments. Get over it.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                Gee. tD had been in office for a bit over 3 days and you're this unhinged? He has 4 years in office! Keep this up and you'll be in a straitjacket by 2018!

Take a deep breath. Sure your girl lost. Life is full of disappointments. Get over it.
                I think much of Fade's point is that we all lost.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                  I think much of Fade's point is that we all lost.
                  Let's see. I'll let you know in a year.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Something tells me it was a mistake to bring up "the high road" with this group of Democrats...
                    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
                      Something tells me it was a mistake to bring up "the high road" with this group of Democrats...
                      We have the 45.1 thread title!
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                        I wouldn't mind cutting some federal spending, but I'd think the bloated military is the place to start cutting, not expanding it while cutting elsewhere. Especially given all the promises to stop providing defense for other countries and whatnot. If we're withdrawing from the world, why increase the standing army?
                        Actually, at face value, that would be THE reason to increase the standing army/etc. Hunker down and basically tell anyone that is thinking of invading to give a second thought to that action.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                        X