Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.0: It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
    On the day the last man to walk on the moon leaves us, it would be good for everyone to realize that we we're all human beings, just as Dr. King so eloquently said it.
    From the late Astronaut Edgar Mitchell: "...From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, 'Look at that, you [censored].'"
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I'm not saying the right didn't have its lunatic fringe, but from my side of the fence it seems the "typhoon" comes from every left-leaning group out there. Obviously you feel differently, so be it.
      They celebrate diversity
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Re: POTUS 45.0: It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.

I'm not saying the right didn't have its lunatic fringe, but from my side of the fence it seems the "typhoon" comes from every left-leaning group out there. Obviously you feel differently, so be it.
        I'm not saying Donald Trump never lied, but Abe Lincoln told a mistruth or two in his life too, so there you go: one's the same as the other.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
          From the late Astronaut Edgar Mitchell: "...From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, 'Look at that, you [censored].'"
          That quote should be prominently displayed in every office on Capitol Hill.
          Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

From this weekend's SNL Weekend Update:

"It seems like every decision Donald Trump makes starts with, "You know what would be hilarious?".
            I would have accepted, "Hold my beer".

Also:

"While criticizing the intelligence community for the leaked Russia dossier Trump tweeted, "Are now living in Nazi Germany?". Of course not - Nazi Germany had the guts to take on Russia"

Comment

That's viscous.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Anonymous is Going After Hair Fuhrer

Meanwhile i am sure Julian Assange is going to release even more information about Hillary's emails...expect his press conference in 2 weeks which will then be cancelled because of "death threats"
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                  I'm not saying Donald Trump never lied, but Abe Lincoln told a mistruth or two in his life too, so there you go: one's the same as the other.
                  And Lincoln was the reason Hillary lied.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                    And Lincoln was the reason Hillary lied.
                    Or Donald Trump, well, exists.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      Was honestly wondering if they were going to go after him. Didn't think they would.
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        Anonymous is Going After Hair Fuhrer

Meanwhile i am sure Julian Assange is going to release even more information about Hillary's emails...expect his press conference in 2 weeks which will then be cancelled because of "death threats"
                        Good.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Regarding health care, it would be nice if my fellow lefties would concentrate on solutions that actually have a snowball's chance in hell of being enacted before we achieve warp speed and make first contact with the Vulcans some time in the 24th(?) century. Who, I understand, have a far superior health care system than our own.

So, single payer will never happen in one big bold swoop. Give it up and stop expecting it to happen. Employer based coverage will not go away overnight.

IF! you want to get closer to a single payer system, you do it gradually and start with people currently not covered by employers or over the age of 65 or below 18 years old. I'd attack this two ways....

1) People 55 and over can buy into Medicare. This is important because a lot of older Americans get turfed from their jobs before they reach 65 and struggle to find another one with benefits. I'd only open this up to people without access to employer coverage for starters.

2) People at the income levels where they qualify for ACA subsidies can purchase into Medicaid for same or similar contributions based on income.

So the question becomes how many people are we talking about? Of the approx. 29M still uninsured in this country, figure 1/3rd of those are illegal immigrants specifically barred from coverage under current law. So we're looking at 20M people. Not a small # but allowing people subsidized care should bring that # down quite a bit. Of course people are free to purchase private insurance if they'd prefer or if they make too much to qualify for the buy in (the self employed, etc). Also don't forget there's a lot of Flaggy type cranks out there who would refuse to have insurance even if it was free as they'd be worried about some govt conspiracy to steal their brain waves.
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            Regarding health care, it would be nice if my fellow lefties would concentrate on solutions that actually have a snowball's chance in hell of being enacted before we achieve warp speed and make first contact with the Vulcans some time in the 24th(?) century. Who, I understand, have a far superior health care system than our own.

So, single payer will never happen in one big bold swoop. Give it up and stop expecting it to happen. Employer based coverage will not go away overnight.

IF! you want to get closer to a single payer system, you do it gradually and start with people currently not covered by employers or over the age of 65 or below 18 years old. I'd attack this two ways....

1) People 55 and over can buy into Medicare. This is important because a lot of older Americans get turfed from their jobs before they reach 65 and struggle to find another one with benefits. I'd only open this up to people without access to employer coverage for starters.

2) People at the income levels where they qualify for ACA subsidies can purchase into Medicaid for same or similar contributions based on income.

So the question becomes how many people are we talking about? Of the approx. 29M still uninsured in this country, figure 1/3rd of those are illegal immigrants specifically barred from coverage under current law. So we're looking at 20M people. Not a small # but allowing people subsidized care should bring that # down quite a bit. Of course people are free to purchase private insurance if they'd prefer or if they make too much to qualify for the buy in (the self employed, etc). Also don't forget there's a lot of Flaggy type cranks out there who would refuse to have insurance even if it was free as they'd be worried about some govt conspiracy to steal their brain waves.
                            Serious?

You don't go measured into negotiations with the Trolls. What you're saying here is the compromise not the initial position.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              Serious?

You don't go measured into negotiations with the Trolls. What you're saying here is the compromise not the initial position.
                              What I learned in the last thread was you need to take an extreme stance and then negotiate...this was in regards to global warming, I asked if it could be applied elsewhere and never got a response.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                Serious?

To some extent but your initial position can't be so ridiculous that its detrimental to what you're trying to accomplish. On this issue if you campaign on abolishing private insurance and everybody goes single payer, and then you negotiate to something lesser than that, hard core lefties are going to go berserk. This is the exact problem Congressional knucks' are facing. They told their people the ACA could be repealed no problem, and then once it is selling insurance across state lines will solve all coverage problems. That's obviously absurd, but it appeals to simpletons. Now they've got to do something. This is because of the extreme position they've opened with and held ever since.
                                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Working...
                                X