Clear All

• POTUS Elect Trump II: We Are So Totally F%*#ed

Cry on.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Re: POTUS Elect Trump II: We Are So Totally F%*#ed

Now with a less douchy thread title.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Thanks? I assume you were referring to flaggy?
      Code:
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I think both titles are bullsh*. One is pure baiting and being "superior" and the other is yelling "Fire" in a theater when nothing of pure substance has happened yet, including the doosh that hasn't been sworn in yet.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Lol
          Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Lol
            Explain your opinion, Millennial.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by German Goof Fan
              So with no notice, republicans just voted to gut the congressional ethics office.

Might be the least surprising thing yet.
              Following NC's lead, natch. Though I see a federal judge has temporarily blocked their 'senanicans'.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Explain your opinion, Millennial.
                No answer. Go figure. The Repubs dismiss the fake news and such, and tout their BS agenda. False superiority at its finest.
                The Dems fear that the world is dead on Jan 20. Also BS. Just because you have the pieces, doesn't mean you win "the game."

Both sides sound like idiots right now, and neither side admits it.

Comment

Sorry, I don't engage children.
                  Code:

Comment

A simple test, dx...in your opinion, is there anything the Republicans are right about, and conversely, is there anything the Democrats are wrong about?

Comment

With more stories like that of Ilhan Omar, there is hope. Kudos to the people of Minnesota.

Comment

Originally posted by Armadillo View Post
                        A simple test, dx...in your opinion, is there anything the Republicans are right about, and conversely, is there anything the Democrats are wrong about?
                        I don't think so on republicans. I don't know enough about the platform nationally to answer about the platform for Dems, but Mark Dayton needs to drop or at least be willing to negotiate his pre-K and kindergarten funding increase requirements. We need to make progress on the budget surplus, and I'm not entirely sure he's handling it 100% right.

But I think your question assumes it's not possible for a party platform to be completely wrong on virtually every major issue. Because I honestly believe there isn't a single headline issue that the republicans are right on with regards to the policies they are putting forth. They may be right on principle, but they get it terribly wrong on execution.

It's an invalid test because of the assumptions it makes.
                        Code:

Comment

Dear god, the republicans call the internet the "Information Freedom Highway" in their platform

Edit: I think I found something I agree with in principle. "Audit the Pentagon
                          No major part of the Department of Defense has ever passed an audit. Republican leaders in Congress have called for a full financial audit of the Pentagon to ensure that every dollar spent is truly benefitting our national security. Every taxpayer must be prepared to pass an audit, and we urge Congress to demand the same level of accountability from the Pentagon and the Department of Defense."

I have no idea how they would implement this audit, because that's where I think republicans fall short on every issue. Like drug tests for welfare. It seems like a good idea but it actually costs more to test everyone than it saves on drug users.
                          Last edited by dxmnkd316; 01-03-2017, 06:32 AM.
                          Code:

Comment

Here's a particularly hilarious gem from their platform:
                            "A Culture of Hope
                            We have been fighting the War on Poverty for 50 years and poverty is winning. Our social safety net — about 80 separate means-tested programs costing over $1 trillion every year — is designed to help people born into or falling into poverty. It rarely lifts them out. Its apologists judge success by the amount of money spent to keep people in the system. That is a cruel measurement. Republicans propose to evaluate a poverty program by whether it actually reduces poverty and increases the personal independence of its participants. The results are ****ing: intergenerational poverty has persisted and worsened since 1966.
                            This year marks another important anniversary; it has been 20 years since the landmark Republican welfare reform of 1996 broke away from the discredited Great Society model. By making welfare a benefit instead of an entitlement, it put millions of recipients on a transition from dependence to independence. Welfare rolls declined by half as recipients and prospective recipients discovered a better way to reach their goals. Best of all, about 3 million children moved out of poverty. Today that progress has been lost. Defying the law as it was plainly written, the current Administration has nullified any meaningful work requirement and made TANF a mockery of the name we gave it: Temporary Assistance for Needy Families. This decision ensures that those families will remain needy and cut off from the economic mainstream of American society.
                            This is the progressive pathology: Keeping people dependent so that government can redistribute income. The result is 45.8 million people on food stamps and 77 million on Medicaid, plus another 5.7 million in the Children’s Health Insurance Program. This is the false compassion of the status quo. We propose instead the dynamic compassion of work requirements in a growing economy, where opportunity takes the place of a hand-out, where true self-esteem can grow from the satisfaction of a job well done.
                            We call for removal of structural impediments which progressives throw in the path of poor people: Over-regulation of start-up enterprises, excessive licensing requirements, needless restrictions on formation of schools and day-care centers serving neighborhood families, and restrictions on providing public services in fields like transport and sanitation that close the opportunity door to all but a favored few. We will continue our fight for school choice until all parents can find good, safe schools for their children. To protect religious liberty we will ensure that faith-based institutions, especially those that are vital parts of underserved neighborhoods, do not face discrimination by government. We propose new partnerships between those who manage federal programs and those who are on the front lines of fighting poverty on the ground. "

That's rich. Pun intended.
                            Code:

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                              Now with a less douchy thread title.
                              Aww, were you triggered? Do you need a coloring book now, you precious snowflake?

Comment

Working...
                              X