Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

115th Congress. In Bridge, Can Hearts be Trumped? In Spades!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handyman
    replied
    Re: 115th Congress. In Bridge, Can Hearts be Trumped? In Spades!

Isn't Flake polling crappy anyways?

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied

Kasich and Flake are both second-fiddle material at this point. Safe, boring Veep picks back in saner times. Orange Droolius would shred them both. He'll joke about Flake being a polygamist, or call Kasich an Obama brown-noser because he was sane enough to do the Medicaid expansion. His moronic voters will eat it up.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

So who has all announced retirement?

Looks like this is a pretty good link: Link

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by Rover View Post
    Is there room in the Never-Trump lane for both he and John Kasich?
    Not unless they coalesce early. If there is just One Guy and he starts to develop a power base and money that gives a lot of cover to RNC types and Members to abandon Trump.

But a split would I think be lethal, because Trump's supporters aren't going to suddenly grow a cerebral cortex. He's got somewhere between 30-40% of the GOP sewed up no matter how badly he f-cks up. The only Valkyrie hope is One Ring To Rule Them All.

Obviously if they do switch horses the Trumpies will sabotage them in the general, maybe even writing in their fuhrer.

Leave a comment:

• Rover
    replied

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Jeff Flake has been preparing to run for president for the last 9 months.

This is gonna be fun because with him off the chain now he's going to make Bob Corker look like Jared Kushner.
    Is there room in the Never-Trump lane for both he and John Kasich?

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by Rover View Post
    Jeff Flake has been preparing to run for president for the last 9 months.

This is gonna be fun because with him off the chain now he's going to make Bob Corker look like Jared Kushner.

Leave a comment:

• Rover
    replied

Jeff Flake heads for the exit....

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/...ump/793952001/

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
    "F--- no, I’m not running for Senate. Are you kidding me?" Kid Rock said, according to the Detroit Free Press on Tuesday. "
    Yeah, I think we all knew it was a publicity stunt. So was Trump's run, until he started winning primaries.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Or put in the person in the executive branch who will enforce it the way you want. That's what we really have in today's oligarchy. Congress doesn't do any legislating at all! It's just an oligarchy of executive departments creating regulations as a loophole to get around having a government of the people, by the people, for the people.
    And that's just how Congress liked it.

Thing is, you're not wrong, amazingly. But this has been dirven by a bipartisan shirking of responsibility by Members who want the trappings of power but never want to exercise it because that would lead to difficult decisions. In the case of conservatives it would lead to the exposure of their puerile ideology as unworkable and fraudulent.

So they sit on their hands and force the executive to fill the vacuum, and then they whine about "executive overreach," which they didn't just cause, they planned.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

LOL. Suckers.

All you Tea Partiers who got angry at the gubbmint for their reaction to the Great Recession but never stopped voting for Republicans?

As ye sow shall ye reap.

According to Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA), senators could vote as soon as Tuesday on a proposal to strip consumers of their right to sue many banks and other financial companies. If the vote prevails, consumers are likely to lose their right to sue credit card companies and many other financial firms in a real court and be forced to bring suits in a privatized arbitration system that tends to favor corporate parties.

Additionally, the vote would permit many lenders to strip consumers of their right to bring a class action lawsuit against the lender.

The House already approved a similar measure, largely along party lines.
    You morons really showed The Establishment, eh?

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    If he's arguing the Constitutionality of them, he is on firmer ground.

You all know my stance - if you don't like the law, change it legislatively. It may take longer, but the solution reflects the will of the majority of the people, not 9 men/women.
    Or put in the person in the executive branch who will enforce it the way you want. That's what we really have in today's oligarchy. Congress doesn't do any legislating at all! It's just an oligarchy of executive departments creating regulations as a loophole to get around having a government of the people, by the people, for the people.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

You all know my stance - if you don't like the law, change it legislatively. It may take longer, but the solution reflects the will of the majority of the people, not 9 men/women.
    When the Court privileges the will of the majority over human rights, we get Korematsu. No thanks.

Leave a comment:

• bronconick
    replied

"F--- no, I’m not running for Senate. Are you kidding me?" Kid Rock said, according to the Detroit Free Press on Tuesday. "
    Last edited by bronconick; 10-24-2017, 10:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

Uh huh...keep telling yourself that. Why is it I dont remember you and your ilk getting all upset about "Activist Judges" when it came to stuff like the Hobby Lobby Decision? That was brought about by an act of Congress (the mandate was part of the ACA) so the "will of the people" was overruled.

I think you need to brush up on your civics...

Leave a comment:

• unofan
    replied

Those 9 people prevent the will of the majority from trampling on the rights of the minority.

I wouldn't be so cavalier about that, if I were you, given that this country will be majority "nothing in particular" on religion in about 25 years.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X