Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

115th Congress. In Bridge, Can Hearts be Trumped? In Spades!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handyman
    replied
    Re: 115th Congress. In Bridge, Can Hearts be Trumped? In Spades!

Originally posted by Rover View Post
    Okaaay then!

https://politicalwire.com/2017/11/09...quote-day-100/

“Take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus. There’s just nothing immoral or illegal here. Maybe just a little bit unusual.”

— Alabama state auditor Jim Ziegler (R), quoted by the Washington Examiner, defending Alabama U.S. Senate candidate Roy Moore (R), who is accused of initiating sexual relations with teenage girls.
    As I said in the other thread...I am surprised this isnt legal in Bama...flipping Rednecks.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

From CBS:

"In a statement following the Post's report, House Majority Leader Mitch McConnell suggested if the allegations against Moore were in fact true, "he must step aside."

National Republican Senate Committee Chairman Cory Gardner echoed those calls, calling the allegations "deeply troubling", adding , "If these allegations are found to be true, Roy Moore must drop out of the Alabama special Senate election."

I know they don't like the guy, but even I'm a little surprised they're this quick to throw him under the bus unless they knew about these rumors long before it got reported...
    Either that or they know there is more...

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
    The old adage about power corrupting applies both in Hollywood and politics.
    Now Louis c.k. or rumor has it

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied

Another quote!

"After a long pause, Alabama Bibb County Republican chairman Jerry Pow tells me he'd vote for Roy Moore even if Moore did commit a sex crime against a girl.

"I would vote for Judge Moore because I wouldn't want to vote for Doug," he says. "I'm not saying I support what he did."
    — Daniel Dale (@ddale8) November 9, 2017

So according to at least some Alabama Republicans, even pedophilia isn’t a dealbreaker. That’s a hell of a thing to admit to."

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...oseph-and-Mary
    jfc

Leave a comment:

• Rover
    replied

Another quote!

"After a long pause, Alabama Bibb County Republican chairman Jerry Pow tells me he'd vote for Roy Moore even if Moore did commit a sex crime against a girl.

"I would vote for Judge Moore because I wouldn't want to vote for Doug," he says. "I'm not saying I support what he did."
    — Daniel Dale (@ddale8) November 9, 2017

So according to at least some Alabama Republicans, even pedophilia isn’t a dealbreaker. That’s a hell of a thing to admit to."

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...oseph-and-Mary

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied

Reminds me of the Todd Akin situation. Party had no leverage over him because he wasn't "their guy". Plus at his age (Akin I think was in his mid 60's, Moore is 70) there's no option of dropping out, lying low for awhile and then launching a comeback in a few years. Let's say no other women come forward and Moore rides this out and gets elected. How are Itch and team possibly going to deal with him? It'd be like if Dennis Hastert won his old Congressional seat back.
    It's almost better at this point he gets elected. However, if the Dem does manage to win having that vote the next few years wouldn't be a bad thing.

Leave a comment:

• Rover
    replied

Reminds me of the Todd Akin situation. Party had no leverage over him because he wasn't "their guy". Plus at his age (Akin I think was in his mid 60's, Moore is 70) there's no option of dropping out, lying low for awhile and then launching a comeback in a few years. Let's say no other women come forward and Moore rides this out and gets elected. How are Itch and team possibly going to deal with him? It'd be like if Dennis Hastert won his old Congressional seat back.

Leave a comment:

• bronconick
    replied

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    Maybe I should be shocked that all these guys in power are perverts or worse, but I'm not.
    The old adage about power corrupting applies both in Hollywood and politics.

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied

Maybe I should be shocked that all these guys in power are perverts or worse, but I'm not.

Leave a comment:

• Rover
    replied

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
    They're probably hoping to get Strange back on the ballot instead of the zealot that beat him.
    I'm sure they would but its impossible now. Absentees have already gone out. Strange could do a write in, but he'd probably need Moore to 1) drop out of the race, and 2) agree to endorse Strange. I think #1 is highly unlikely, I think we have a better chance of seeing God than #2 happening.

Strange (or anybody else) I assume could launch a write in bid on their own, but if you figure the Dem is going to get at least 40% of the vote if not 45%, two nutters who hate each other fighting over the remaining 55-60% doesn't bode well for electing either one of them.

Only thing for Itch and crew to do is grin and bear it while hoping against hope that no other women come forward...

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied

Okaaay then!

“Take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus. There’s just nothing immoral or illegal here. Maybe just a little bit unusual.”

— Alabama state auditor Jim Ziegler (R), quoted by the Washington Examiner, defending Alabama U.S. Senate candidate Roy Moore (R), who is accused of initiating sexual relations with teenage girls.
    jfc

Leave a comment:

• Rover
    replied

Okaaay then!

Leave a comment:

• bronconick
    replied

From CBS:

"In a statement following the Post's report, House Majority Leader Mitch McConnell suggested if the allegations against Moore were in fact true, "he must step aside."

National Republican Senate Committee Chairman Cory Gardner echoed those calls, calling the allegations "deeply troubling", adding , "If these allegations are found to be true, Roy Moore must drop out of the Alabama special Senate election."

I know they don't like the guy, but even I'm a little surprised they're this quick to throw him under the bus unless they knew about these rumors long before it got reported...
    They're probably hoping to get Strange back on the ballot instead of the zealot that beat him.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Sounds like the women who accused Trump of the same thing and then dropped their case. Just trying to destroy another anti-establishment candidate because they can't go up against it in the ballot box.
    Wow.

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied

Who can blame the old bird?!?

Debbie Gibson was HOT!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X