Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

115th Congress. In Bridge, Can Hearts be Trumped? In Spades!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 115th Congress. In Bridge, Can Hearts be Trumped? In Spades!

Without actually looking at it and based only upon Kep's initial paragraph it sounds as though it evaluates how often a senator votes against the most common leanings of his/her constituents?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      Without actually looking at it and based only upon Kep's initial paragraph it sounds as though it evaluates how often a senator votes against the most common leanings of his/her constituents?
      No, because the state and district lean are not based on the votes being measured. Now, for example, the GOP may propose a measure that f-cks over the people of a red state like IN, and the people may be against it. The metric measures the offset between the Member's voting and the contituents' party-weighted voting preference. The fact that a constituency can diverge from its party lean is attested by the fact that Republicans get elected in blue leaning constituencies and vice versa.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Some of the right-wing agitprop sites are attempting to plant the seed that Manchin might announce a party switch next week. On a political probability scale of 0 to 14, 0 meaning inconceivable and 14 meaning absolute metaphysical certitude, what are odds of this happening?

Comment

That's a real good question. I hope it's bullsh-t, or that at worst Manchin is sticking Schumer up.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            Some of the right-wing agitprop sites are attempting to plant the seed that Manchin might announce a party switch next week. On a political probability scale of 0 to 14, 0 meaning inconceivable and 14 meaning absolute metaphysical certitude, what are odds of this happening?
            Based on this it seems unlikely since the R's would likely want that vote ASAP.

Unless they're hoping to get to 49 and then get the party switch to stigginit to the libs in one fell swoop.

That would be proper Republican behavior.
            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Corker flees the sinking SS Neocuckservative

Comment

Guess he didn't want to serve with his soon to be colleague from next door, Senator Roy Moore! Curious to see how that Alabama primary goes tonight. If Moore wins, look for David Duke to make a Senate bid next.
                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  Too bad the replacement, Martha Blackburn is dumber
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                    Too bad the replacement, Martha Blackburn is dumber
                    Oh, I fully expect them to nominate an imbecile. Corker could use his brain from time-to-time, so it stands to reason that in the wake of the Dump wave, his successor will have the IQ of a primate. It's a shame that they pander to the female gorillas by nominating a female gorilla. These biddies are doing more to reverse the female empowerment cause than some Republican men are.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      Oh, I fully expect them to nominate an imbecile. Corker could use his brain from time-to-time, so it stands to reason that in the wake of the Dump wave, his successor will have the IQ of a primate. It's a shame that they pander to the female gorillas by nominating a female gorilla. These biddies are doing more to reverse the female empowerment cause than some Republican men are.
                      Actually if some GOP Senator actually follows thru with the campaign promise, I'd be shocked, SHOCKED!!
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Moore, Breitbart, Palin, Hannity 57
                        Strange, Trump, McConnell, Pence 43
                        Cornell University

Comment

Alabama goes full dotard.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            America 0

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              What in the hell is going on out here?

Bizarre bedfellows.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                What in the hell is going on out here?

Bizarre bedfellows.
                                People are ticked at the establishment.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X