Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

115th Congress. In Bridge, Can Hearts be Trumped? In Spades!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jerphisch
    replied
    Re: 115th Congress. In Bridge, Can Hearts be Trumped? In Spades!

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
    My issue with Keurig is the amount of waste they produce. (and the crappy coffee). Small batch brewing of coffee is appealing. .
    Get a "My K-Cup", it is basically a pod sized metal mesh filter that you can put any grounds into you'd like and just rinse out and re-use. It comes with the Keurig if you get it from Costco or Sam's or similar, or they're like $8 on amazon.

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied

what gets mookie here is cream doesn't exist. NO PLACE has cream to add. mookie's hotel where he eats breakfast every morning is hot milk, hot skimmed milk, or cold milk to add.

no cream either at the starbucks at work.

weird.....

Leave a comment:

• burd
    replied

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
    We have this, which might appeal if you like cold brew - https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/a...offee-system#/. We use 15tbsp in 1500ml. Brew for 24-48 hours and store in a large pitcher (you can store it in the brewing pitcher with the filter removed, but we are usually brewing and storing at the same time).

My issue with Keurig is the amount of waste they produce. (and the crappy coffee). Small batch brewing of coffee is appealing. .
    People who drink their first cup of coffee cold cannot be trusted.

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    I dont need to make 8 cups of coffee so a Keurig is perfect. I buy compostable cups (San Fransisco Bay Brand Kona) and it is delicious and exactly the amount I need.
    This, I drink one cup first thing in morning, its perfect for me. Not a coffee snob so I don't care if its not great. I had a coffee salesman tell me flat out, if you are used to drinking a particular brand of coffee, everything else tastes bad.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

I dont need to make 8 cups of coffee so a Keurig is perfect. I buy compostable cups (San Fransisco Bay Brand Kona) and it is delicious and exactly the amount I need.

Leave a comment:

• bostonewe
    replied

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    I thought about a Keurig, but they're pricey, not that much coffee, and the DRM on third-party cups was a dick move.

Might go French press.
    We have this, which might appeal if you like cold brew - https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/a...offee-system#/. We use 15tbsp in 1500ml. Brew for 24-48 hours and store in a large pitcher (you can store it in the brewing pitcher with the filter removed, but we are usually brewing and storing at the same time).

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied

Keurig coffee is convenient - I stay at a lot of Hilton Garden Inns and they have a contract to put a Keurig machine in every room. However, the coffee it makes is not very good if you're a coffee snob like me. I personally think it's just an overpriced caffeine dispenser.

Leave a comment:

• jerphisch
    replied

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    Who knows, maybe conservatives are supporting environmentalism.

https://www.theatlantic.com/technolo...roblem/386501/
    My K-Cup. Use whatever coffee you want, way cheaper then k-cups, no waste.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    I thought about a Keurig, but they're pricey, not that much coffee, and the DRM on third-party cups was a dick move.

Might go French press.
    Who knows, maybe conservatives are supporting environmentalism.

https://www.theatlantic.com/technolo...roblem/386501/

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied
    Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    I saw a comment yesterday saying it's not pedophilia because she was 14 and not prepubescent...

What the **** is wrong with people?
    There's another legal term other than pedophilia. It's like saying it's not murder but manslaughter.

Both are reprehensible.

And in some states you can marry a 14 year old with parent's permission. (Shudder). And if you then take your child bride to a different state where you would be locked up for having sexual relations with a 14 yr old, you're OK, as when you're legally married in Alabama,you're legally married in the rest of the US. (Shudders).

As long as she is OK, and there is no evidence of coercion or abuse, it's may make us uncomfortable, but we're not harmed by it.

Leave a comment:

• Twitch Boy
    replied

Might go French press.

Leave a comment:

• MinnesotaNorthStar
    replied
    Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    I said it before...I am surprised this isnt legal in Alabama.

Also, a lot of these people being polled think being accused of something by the media is a badge of honor.
    I saw a comment yesterday saying it's not pedophilia because she was 14 and not prepubescent...

What the **** is wrong with people?

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

I don’t know if I would ever own a Keurig. But I use the one at work when I forget my coffee.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Originally posted by aparch View Post
    I was slightly mistaken, they have a couple cheap models (sub $100), their classic ($120), and then there are the expensive ones.

But the Best Buy / Walmart / Kohls ones are likely <=$120.

Personally, I've been just fine with my $20 Mr. Coffee. The pennies wasted pitching a couple extra ounces of brewed coffee outweigh the horse**** "benefits" a Keurig has.
    Personally, I'd take that leftover coffee and make coffee ice cubes.

But in my apartment, there is never leftover coffee.

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    This is the price I pay for not drinking coffee. I thought they were expensive.
    I was slightly mistaken, they have a couple cheap models (sub $100), their classic ($120), and then there are the expensive ones.

But the Best Buy / Walmart / Kohls ones are likely <=$120.

Personally, I've been just fine with my $20 Mr. Coffee. The pennies wasted pitching a couple extra ounces of brewed coffee outweigh the horse**** "benefits" a Keurig has.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X