Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

115th Congress. In Bridge, Can Hearts be Trumped? In Spades!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rover
    replied
    Re: 115th Congress. In Bridge, Can Hearts be Trumped? In Spades!

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    How is infrastructure easy? We can't afford the amount of repairs this country needs to pay for yearly to get things up to "code".
    Sure we could. Current gas tax of 18 cents a gallon (24 cents for diesel) raises about 36Bn a year. Chump wants a 1T infrastructure plan. Simple math sez double the tax rate and implement a 2 for 1 matching funding with any state that wants to take on a project. 75Bn from Feds plus matching 25Bn from states willing to pony up = $100Bn a year for 10 years = $1T infrastructure plan. Inflation since 1993 is up about 65% which would be roughly 30 cents a gallon for comparison's sake.

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied
    Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    We could afford to do more of it, if we did the sensible thing - raised taxes and cut military spending. However, both are verboten in the Republican platform.
    Except the GOP Establishment won't play ball with tD either. They want somebody more inside/predictable. tD is neither.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied

How is infrastructure easy? We can't afford the amount of repairs this country needs to pay for yearly to get things up to "code".
    We could afford to do more of it, if we did the sensible thing - raised taxes and cut military spending. However, both are verboten in the Republican platform.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied

He thinks it's easy cause the Democrats want to do it. What he doesn't realize is the Democrats and the Republicans do not agree how to pay for the infrastructure. So, it's no longer easy.

Leave a comment:

• JF_Gophers
    replied

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/10/u...imes&smtyp=cur

Love it. Turtle Boy is in hot water. Swim Turtle Boy, swim.
    I'm just waiting for him to dogwhistle to the "Second Amendment people". That's the only thing missing from these latest screeds against individual pols.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied

Speaking to reporters on Thursday afternoon outside his golf club in Bedminster, N.J., Mr. Trump was asked if Mr. McConnell should consider stepping down.

“I’ll tell you what,” Mr. Trump began, “if he doesn’t get repeal and replace done and if he doesn’t get taxes done, meaning cuts and reform, and if he doesn’t get a very easy one to get done, infrastructure, if he doesn’t get them done, then you can ask me that question.”
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/10/u...imes&smtyp=cur

Love it. Turtle Boy is in hot water. Swim Turtle Boy, swim.

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied
    Originally posted by unofan View Post
    Why would they walk the talk? They're the dog that caught the car. They campaigned so hard on repealing Obamacare because they assumed they'd never have to actually do it thanks to a presumed presidential veto. When they held onto the Senate and got Trump in the WH, they had no plan.
    Which is why he has to go. Or appoint him ambassador to Australia.

Leave a comment:

• unofan
    replied
    Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Which is why I have been calling for Mitch to go. He peed his pants when he was required to walk the talk. Maybe we should call him the Cowardly Lion?
    Why would they walk the talk? They're the dog that caught the car. They campaigned so hard on repealing Obamacare because they assumed they'd never have to actually do it thanks to a presumed presidential veto. When they held onto the Senate and got Trump in the WH, they had no plan.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied

Which is why I have been calling for Mitch to go. He peed his pants when he was required to walk the talk. Maybe we should call him the Cowardly Lion?
    Nope. Turtle Boy.

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied
    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/09/u...imes&smtyp=cur

Turtle Boy appears to have forgotten that they had 7 years to come up with the replacement for Obamacare. I NEVER agree with Trump but on this one I do agree.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/09/u...imes&smtyp=cur

Turtle Boy appears to have forgotten that they had 7 years to come up with the replacement for Obamacare. I NEVER agree with Trump but on this one I do agree.

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied
    Originally posted by BassAle View Post
    Are there federal laws criminalizing prostitution? I didn't think so. I'm pretty sure that's a state issue (hence legal brothels in Nevada)

by the way, repealing ObamaCare is only a good idea if you're replacing it with something BETTER like Medicare for all single payer. I think all Democrats would be okay with that.

The free market solution (What the republicans want) is not going to fix the delivery of healthcare with respect to undeserved areas. They are undeserved because it's a money losing proposition to provide healthcare in those areas.

For nearly all of your positions, the Democrats would be better.
    I think the Mann Act is still on the books - and it needs to stay. Prostitution needs to become a respected position with nice safe places to conduct business.

The trouble with any federal "welfare" program is that it becomes a fiscal black hole where the only solution is to throw more money at the problem. For that reason I am against any federal involvement in the health insurance business.

Health care is altogether different. If rural areas are lacking in adequate health care, get them the resources (dictors/clinics/hospitals/nurses). This is currently being done via federal incentives.

Why I don't support the Dems - you favor a federal approach to solve problems. I don't. You're also a very dogmatic party where dissent from the official line is not tolerated. And yes - you require dogmatic support for terminating the life of the unborn. Sorry, can't do that.

Leave a comment:

• JF_Gophers
    replied
    Semi isolationism. We should not be the world's nanny. When American interests are threatened, rattle the drums. If there is a temper tantrum in ROFLstan, who cares?
    ROFLStan has oil, so off we go to war.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
    Are there federal laws criminalizing prostitution? I didn't think so. I'm pretty sure that's a state issue (hence legal brothels in Nevada)
    The Mann Act can come into play, but that's more along the lines of transferring a person across state lines for the purpose of prostitution. It's meant, chiefly, to reign in human trafficking, but that often leads to it being lumped in with prostitution and pimping charges.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X