Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

115th Congress. In Bridge, Can Hearts be Trumped? In Spades!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 115th Congress. In Bridge, Can Hearts be Trumped? In Spades!

Republicans just keep on winning.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/11/u...smtyp=cur&_r=0

Republicans pulled in U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas to campaign in Wichita for Estes, and both Vice President Mike Pence and Trump recorded robo calls for him.

Those GOP calls prompted Charlene Health, a 52-year-old homemaker and Republican in Belle Plaine, to cast a ballot for Estes.

"I wasn't even going to vote," she said as she left her polling site Tuesday morning. "I finally did. I realized this was important."
    Yes, yes, it was very important for you to vote your conscience.
    Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 04-12-2017, 07:47 AM.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Again Scooby, you cant fix stupid. If Kansas wants to be Mississippi that is their prerogative.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Again Scooby, you cant fix stupid. If Kansas wants to be Mississippi that is their prerogative.
        This clown goes to Washington to make the whole country Mississippi. That affects me. It's just more proof that the wrong army won the Civil War.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          This clown goes to Washington to make the whole country Mississippi. That affects me. It's just more proof that the wrong army won the Civil War.
          When I read that last sentence, it always reads to me like the person is endorsing slavery.

ETA: And KS was part of the Union at the time of the Civil War.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

"This is a service. No one here pays me to go." http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/gover...8a6e7c117.html

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
              "This is a service. No one here pays me to go." http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/gover...8a6e7c117.html
              They raise them SMRT down there in Okie...
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

They raise them SMRT down there in Okie...
                Smart enough to get elected and line their pockets.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  Smart enough to get elected and line their pockets.
                  According to him he isnt lining his pockets

Scooby you could go down there and as long as you spout some Faux News nonsense you will have a decent shot. The uneducated are the easiest to fleece
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

According to him he isnt lining his pockets

Scooby you could go down there and as long as you spout some Faux News nonsense you will have a decent shot. The uneducated are the easiest to fleece
                    I often wonder if I should have just joined the Fox News angle and tried to make bank on it. It's so easy to act/talk that way and you never have to accomplish something. The rhetoric and positions are easy to master. It's no wonder an idiot like Jason Lewis has been successful all these years.

Comment

538 talked about this a while back. They said there are three warning signs for when a landslide midterm is about to take place.

1. The sitting president's polls get dangerously low. Trump's 41% is the lowest a president has ever been measured at this point in his tenure.

2. The opposition party gets a big upsurge in people declaring to run. This seems to be happening now.

3. The incumbent party has recruiting problems and starts to see a bunch of retirement announcements.

The Dems need 3 Senate seats and 24 House seats for majorities. The Senate map is highly favorable to the GOP, but the House is doable if there is a big turnout difference. The GOP has a tidy built-in advantage courtesy of gerrymandering where they can lose the combined popular vote for seats and still have a majority, but 538 has run other analyses in the past that show a huge cluster of GOP seats that sit with about a 5% house effect. That means a national wave only has to be about D+6 and then lots of GOP seats start falling. Not like 20. Like 60. There's not a continuous drop off of GOP support above that point, there's a cliff.

Trump is already essentially running for re-election with his Backwoods Nuremberg Rallies, so the GOP won't be able to escape his stink. Trump is also the ostensible head of the GOP, which means nobody's plotting anything like a coherent national strategy. Perish the thought that the right thing to do is run from Trump -- at that point his insecurities and immaturity will surface and the crack in the Evil Empire will widen.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Amash's rise as foil to Trump no surprise, at least according to one of the local TV stations:

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/politics/...rise/431703098

His supporters see him as principled, and he still has powerful allies. But Amash's refusal to go along to get along could mean trouble on the horizon. Already, the Trump administration has threatened to go after the so-called Freedom Caucus — of which Amash is a leader — for bringing down House Speaker Paul Ryan's Obamacare replacement bill. A White House aide suggested directly that Amash face a primary opponent.

Richard Studley, president and CEO of the Michigan Chamber of Commerce, didn't mention Amash by name but said there is a growing sense of frustration among business leaders that there hasn’t been more movement on tax and regulatory reform. “I think business people are being patient but they want results.”

Love him or hate him, though, Amash represents a stark divide in the Republican Party — one that refuses to acquiesce to the old rules and all the traditional Republican positions —- that has only grown more problematic as the GOP has taken power across Washington. In libertarian circles, he is talked about as a candidate for higher — even national — office, though he has made no such suggestions himself.
                        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                        Patreon for exclusive writing content
                        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Nate geeks out on GA-6.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Nate geeks out on GA-6.
                            And Republicans win again.

Comment

While again pointing out its tough to draw too many conclusions based on a handful of special elections, I'm more curious about this one than any other. In 48-47 Trump district, where most likely quite a few Dems stayed home during the Presidential election, I'm looking for signs that Dem's are actually fired up about going to the polls, not just attending one march and cranking up the old Pete Seeger tunes.
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                                While again pointing out its tough to draw too many conclusions based on a handful of special elections, I'm more curious about this one than any other. In 48-47 Trump district, where most likely quite a few Dems stayed home during the Presidential election, I'm looking for signs that Dem's are actually fired up about going to the polls, not just attending one march and cranking up the old Pete Seeger tunes.
                                Trump is winning. Remember when he said we'd get sick of all the winning? He won in Syria. He won in Afghanistan. He won in Kansas. He won with Gorsuch. Now he's going to win in Georgia.

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

The super Liberal Democrat in the Georgia Congressioal race tomorrow wants to protect criminals, allow illegal immigration and raise taxes!
                                http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...ez_track_apr17

"The first 90 days of my presidency has exposed the total failure of the last eight years of foreign policy!" So true. @foxandfriends

The recent Kansas election (Congress) was a really big media event, until the Republicans won. Now they play the same game with Georgia-BAD!

Comment

Working...
                                X