Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

115th Congress. In Bridge, Can Hearts be Trumped? In Spades!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 115th Congress. In Bridge, Can Hearts be Trumped? In Spades!

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    LOL

I admire your optimism about people but I don't share it. I see my own state going down the tubes despite good Democratic candidates and overwhelming data to support them. The voters who voted the way they did this cycle are intractable and the voters that sat on the couch are petulant whiny crybabies who flushed the country down the toilet cause they (Susan Sarandon) didn't get their way.
    I think the idea that there are massive numbers of people who sat out the election because Hillary hurt their wittle feewies is greatly oversold by establishment Dems evading their responsibility for greasing a mendacious crone to the nomination. At the end of the day, for more than half the electorate an election is the Homecoming Queen ballot: it's a popularity contest. The majority of voters are incredibly disengaged and vote based on lower primate-level body language: who seems "stronger," who seems more sunny?, all the dumb reasons why Barbie-Belle Boobs beats out Betsy Brains Bloomberg for Most Popular.

The Dems forgot the first rule of politics: before anything else, run somebody who the Truly Mediocre will find attractive or at the very least non-threatening.
    Last edited by Kepler; 04-07-2017, 09:34 AM.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      We get it, we get it, Jesus...
      I think this is something that needs repeating as much as possible so liberals keep it in the front of their mind. Too many (myself included) ignored the fact that women and minorities would do this and we cannot make that mistake again. We should be forced to remind ourselves of this every day until after the 2020 election.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I think the idea that there are massive numbers of people who sat out the election because Hillary hurt their wittle feewies is greatly oversold by establishment Dems evading their responsibility for greasing a mendacious crone to the nomination. At the end of the day, for more than half the electorate an election is the Homecoming Queen ballot: it's a popularity contest. The majority of voters are incredibly disengaged and vote based on lower primate-level body language: who seems "stronger," who seems more sunny?, all the dumb reasons why Barbie-Belle Boobs beats out Betsy Brains Bloomberg for Most Popular.

The Dems forgot the first rule of politics: before anything else, run somebody who the Truly Mediocre will find attractive or at the very least non-threatening.
        So, Trump won a beauty contest? He sounded, and acted, like a moron the whole election cycle. And he's not attractive. I used to believe this beauty contest BS but not after this cycle. I'm not buying your thesis.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

So, Trump won a beauty contest?
          Yes.

Let that sink in.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Except the facts prove your whole thesis wrong. Trump got the about same amount of votes as Romney. One lost, one won. The difference was the Dems didnt show up.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Except the facts prove your whole thesis wrong. Trump got the about same amount of votes as Romney. One lost, one won. The difference was the Dems didnt show up.
              My thesis is the Dems didn't show up because our candidate was garbage. Those facts exactly support my thesis.
              Cornell University

Comment

My thesis is the Dems didn't show up because our candidate was garbage. Those facts exactly support my thesis.
                Yes, garbage. Most qualified candidate we've had for President in my lifetime. The priorities of the American people are so ****ing stupid.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Yes, garbage. Most qualified candidate we've had for President in my lifetime. The priorities of the American people are so ****ing stupid.
                  No kidding.
                  Cornell University

Comment

*sigh*

Comment

No need to wonder. Today Secretary Clinton explained why she lost.

She largely cited these factors for her defeat:
                      - Russia. "A foreign power meddled with our election," she said, labeling it "an act of aggression." She called for an independent, bipartisan investigation into the Kremlin's involvement and said the probe should examine whether there was collusion with the Trump campaign.

- Misogyny. "Certainly, misogyny played a role. That has to be admitted," she said. Clinton added that "some people — women included — had real problems" with the idea of a woman president.

- Comey. Clinton cited as damaging to her campaign his unusual decision to release of a letter on October 28, less than two weeks before Election Day, that said he was looking at additional emails related to the FBI probe of the former secretary of state's use of a private server.

- WikiLeaks. Weeks of disclosures of stolen emails from the personal account of then-Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta, were particularly harmful, Clinton said, adding that it "played a much bigger role than I think many people yet understand."

She said the combination of Comey's actions and the WikiLeaks' revelations "had the determinative effect."

About her own role, she said, "There were things I could have done better."
                      Originally posted by WiscTJK
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                      Originally posted by Timothy A
                      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                        Yes, all of those are partially to blame. Especially the misogyny one.

Comment

When it comes to the end, and you're busy pointing at so many different things or situations as to why you lost, one of those things better be a simple mirror, and not the funhouse variety. It should also be near the top of the list, if it's not already at THE top of the list.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                            When it comes to the end, and you're busy pointing at so many different things or situations as to why you lost, one of those things better be a simple mirror, and not the funhouse variety. It should also be near the top of the list, if it's not already at THE top of the list.
                            True. And when she looks in the mirror she'll see a woman and that's enough right there.

Comment

Meanwhile. Hey, MITCH, yeah you TURTLE BOY. **** you.

WASHINGTON — The C.I.A. told senior lawmakers in classified briefings last summer that it had information indicating that Russia was working to help elect Donald J. Trump president, a finding that did not emerge publicly until after Mr. Trump’s victory months later, former government officials say.

The briefings indicate that intelligence officials had evidence of Russia’s intentions to help Mr. Trump much earlier in the presidential campaign than previously thought. The briefings also reveal a critical split last summer between the C.I.A. and counterparts at the F.B.I., where a number of senior officials continued to believe through last fall that Russia’s cyberattacks were aimed primarily at disrupting America’s political system, and not at getting Mr. Trump elected, according to interviews.

But Senator Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, the Republican majority leader, resisted, questioning the underpinnings of the intelligence, according to officials with knowledge of the discussions. Mr. McConnell ultimately agreed to a softer version of the letter, which did not mention the Russians but warned of unnamed “malefactors” who might seek to disrupt the elections through online intrusion. The letter, dated Sept. 28, was signed by Mr. McConnell, Mr. Reid, Speaker Paul D. Ryan and Representative Nancy Pelosi, the ranking Democrat.
                              https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/06/u...nnan.html?_r=0

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                                She's not wrong on the first three, though you can argue exactly how much impact they had. 538's thesis is Comey played a much bigger role than commonly thought, since the polls had only started to factor in the impact of his actions by the last pre election polls.

Comment

Working...
                                X