X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POTUS Elect Trump II: Lefties whining and regurgitating fake news

Continue.

Re: POTUS Elect Trump II: Lefties whining and regurgitating fake news

I'll disagree with the assertion in the last thread that there is very little fact-checking in these threads. For example, Kepler posted this yesterday:

Either you are principled patriots who can see critical problems in our government, in which case you'll make the major changes needed, or it's all been just a circle jerk for weekend warriors and withered, weak-minded weasels trying to compensate for the utter barrenness of the rest of their lives.
    And then the rest of the thread was people from North Dakota trying to convince us all that being ruled by Vladimir Putin really isn't all that bad. QED.

I mean, Trump only publicly attacked a trade unionist last week. I'm not a trade unionist, so what reason could I possibly have to care about that?
    Originally posted by dicaslover
    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown
      Odd thing about that graph is that CBS's Nightly News didn't even make the list yet the other major network broadcasters did.
      Yeah, that's bizarre. Frankly though, I would almost take CBS This Morning over a lot of the non-CBS evening news programs. It really is that good.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

This is the world we live in now.

My advice: move it to the servers but also make all science data of importance available for free on the web. Use the ubiquity of the web to guard against the worst case.
        Last edited by Kepler; 12-13-2016, 12:47 PM.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          This is the world we live in now.

My advice: move it to the servers but also make all science data of importance available for free on the web. Use the ubiquity of the web to guard against the worst case.
          This is sad and terrifying for all the unborn fetuses that will have to live in a world that we refuse to protect.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Electing Trump President is like buying a used car from Shifty's Auto Sales. Once you drive it off the lot, you own it even though you should have known better.

Maybe its me, but I find the people in this article to be very amusing....

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/13/why-o...for-trump.html

Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
              Electing Trump President is like buying a used car from Shifty's Auto Sales. Once you drive it off the lot, you own it even though you should have known better.

Maybe its me, but I find the people in this article to be very amusing....

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/13/why-o...for-trump.html

From the article:

Many expressed frustration that Obamacare plans cost way too much, that premiums and deductibles had spiraled out of control. And part of their anger was wrapped up in the idea that other people were getting even better, even cheaper benefits — and those other people did not deserve the help.
              Just what a bunch of us have been saying...these (most likely) White People upset that some people are getting the same services and are getting a hand out they dont deserve to do so. What a bunch of entitled morons.

Ya know I used to be a big proponent of "Single Payer" but now I will just take a page out of these White Working Class American's playbook (seeing as I too am a White Working Class American) and hope ObamaCare gets repealed and these people go broke after losing the insurance they had cause they get hurt or sick. Since they screwed everyone because they felt people got what they didnt deserve I am hoping they get screwed too because they got what I deem they dont deserve. You want to be unhealthy, stupid and poor go right ahead!
              Last edited by Handyman; 12-13-2016, 01:29 PM.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                This is sad and terrifying for all the unborn fetuses that will have to live in a world that we refuse to protect.
                Maybe the spectre of immanent species extinction will get us FTL.

The world spends $B80 on space and $B1676 on stupidity. Start the extinction clock at 100 years and flip those numbers and let's see what the kids from MIT and Max Planck can do.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  hope ObamaCare gets repealed and these people go broke after losing the insurance they had cause they get hurt or sick. Since they screwed everyone because they felt people got what they didnt deserve I am hoping they get screwed too because they got what I deem they dont deserve. You want to be unhealthy, stupid and poor go right ahead!
                  Scooby, put down the keyboard and untie Handy.
                  Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    Maybe the spectre of immanent species extinction will get us FTL.

The world spends $B80 on space and $B1676 on stupidity. Start the extinction clock at 100 years and flip those numbers and let's see what the kids from MIT and Max Planck can do.
                    It's going to be some engineer tinkering in a workspace that will accidentally discover warp drive. It will take a genius physicist to make the math work.

Kep - mobi or epub? I'll send you a book that you'd probably enjoy.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      From the article:

Just what a bunch of us have been saying...these (most likely) White People upset that some people are getting the same services and are getting a hand out they deserve to do so. What a bunch of entitled morons.

Ya know I used to be a big proponent of "Single Payer" but now I will just take a page out of these White Working Class American's playbook (seeing as I too am a White Working Class American) and hope ObamaCare gets repealed and these people go broke after losing the insurance they had cause they get hurt or sick. Since they screwed everyone because they felt people got what they didnt deserve I am hoping they get screwed too because they got what I deem they dont deserve. You want to be unhealthy, stupid and poor go right ahead!
                      Yeah, I'm in that boat too. Been spending too much time defending people with our votes who clearly don't mind getting screwed.

The odd, odd thing in all of this is that a lot of the class warfare charges being thrown around are correct. Not about the poor, but about the wealthy. Or at least the upper middle class. We get 5 weeks paid vacation, matching contributions on our 401K, big tax deductions for our mortgages, 16 weeks maternity/paternity leave, year end bonuses on top of our salaries - blah blah blah. Yet, the good citizens of Kentucky in this article as well as people in Ohio, WVA, Michigan, etc decided to level the playing field by voting for...Trump.

Hey, my life most likely doesn't change as a result of the Trumpster's reign of terror. In fact I might get a tax cut or two thrown my way. One wonders if the working class is going to be able to say the same thing. I think....nah.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Carly Fiorina for spy chief. I guess this is in recognition of the work she did as a double-agent bringing HP down from the inside.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                          Carly Fiorina for spy chief. I guess this is in recognition of the work she did as a double-agent bringing HP down from the inside.
                          I guess she won't be getting too much "face time" with Trump given his past comments.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            It's going to be some engineer tinkering in a workspace that will accidentally discover warp drive. It will take a genius physicist to make the math work.

Kep - mobi or epub? I'll send you a book that you'd probably enjoy.
                            Kindle. What's the book?
                            Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              Do you think the application comes first? How'd we do flight?
                              Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                              X