This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS Elect Trump II: Lefties whining and regurgitating fake news

I'm not sure he's even comfortable in his own skin. He has absolutely no impulse control when someone dares even look at him wrong.

he cares more about what people think of him than anything else in the world.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
      Exactly; He sold the nation a Monorail.

And he sold it to people who don't understand they were being played.

(I believe this link was posted here earlier: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...maps.html?_r=0

Shows most common in urban areas:

Adventure Time
      American Horror Story
      Family Guy
      Game of Thrones
      It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia
      Modern Family
      MythBusters
      Once Upon a Time
      Orange Is the New Black
      Saturday Night Live
      So You Think You Can Dance
      South Park
      The Big Bang Theory
      The Daily Show
      The Simpsons
      The Tonight Show
      Tosh.0

Shows most common in rural areas:

16 and Pregnant
      American Dad!
      America’s Funniest Home Videos
      Bones
      Cake Boss
      Criminal Minds
      Dancing With the Stars
      Deadliest Catch
      Duck Dynasty
      Fast n’ Loud
      Grey’s Anatomy
      NCIS
      Pawn Stars
      Pretty Little Liars
      Ridiculousness
      Rob Dyrdek’s Fantasy Factory
      Supernatural
      Teen Mom
      The Vampire Diaries
      The Voice
      The Walking Dead
      Wipeout
      Explains so much.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I think it's hilarious that rural people like American Dad. It is (was?) a brutal commentary on the hyper-patriotic right wing.
        Code:
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
          Exactly; He sold the nation a Monorail.

And he sold it to people who don't understand they were being played.

(I believe this link was posted here earlier: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...maps.html?_r=0

Shows most common in urban areas:

Adventure Time
          American Horror Story
          Family Guy
          Game of Thrones
          It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia
          Modern Family
          MythBusters
          Once Upon a Time
          Orange Is the New Black
          Saturday Night Live
          So You Think You Can Dance
          South Park
          The Big Bang Theory
          The Daily Show
          The Simpsons
          The Tonight Show
          Tosh.0

Shows most common in rural areas:

16 and Pregnant
          American Dad!
          America’s Funniest Home Videos
          Bones
          Cake Boss
          Criminal Minds
          Dancing With the Stars
          Deadliest Catch
          Duck Dynasty
          Fast n’ Loud
          Grey’s Anatomy
          NCIS
          Pawn Stars
          Pretty Little Liars
          Ridiculousness
          Rob Dyrdek’s Fantasy Factory
          Supernatural
          Teen Mom
          The Vampire Diaries
          The Voice
          The Walking Dead
          Wipeout
          I am sorry but that list is bunk and means absolutely nothing. Watching Once Upon a Time doesnt mean you are smarter than someone that watches The Voice. I know that isnt technically what it is saying but that is definitely what it is implying and the is so stupid it defies imagination.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            I am sorry but that list is bunk and means absolutely nothing. Watching Once Upon a Time doesnt mean you are smarter than someone that watches The Voice. I know that isnt technically what it is saying but that is definitely what it is implying and the is so stupid it defies imagination.
            We're going to have to agree to disagree on this one.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

urban schools have higher drop out rates. urbans will tend to be 'stupider'.
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Handy, you really don't see a trend in those lists?
                Code:

Comment

I don't take "intelligence" as the spectrum those lists diverge on, at all.

It seems pretty obvious to me: urbans are more "urbane" (sophisticated, ironic, or, if you don't like them, snotty); rurals are more "earthy" (direct, sincere, or, if you don't like them, mawkish).

Urbans fetishize cleverness. Rurals fetishize frankness. Both are full of sh-t, but in very different ways.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 12-29-2016, 10:40 AM.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    We're going to have to agree to disagree on this one.
                    I know plenty of smart people that watch unsmart shows. I know plenty of morons that watch what is supposedly genius crap like Once Upon a Time. It proves nothing. Hell Kepler watches The Bachelor.

But please explain to me why "So You Think You Can Dance" makes you smarter than watching "NCIS" or why watching Tosh.O is such higher level than Americas Funniest Home Videos (they are the same show) or how watching Game of Thrones shows you are an intellectual but watching The Walking Dead proves you are just a monosyllbic drooler living out in the beet fields.

Dont you all see this is the type of crap that basically turned off half the country leading to the rise of the Sexual Predator in Chief. A bunch of high minded liberals patting themselves on the back talking down to everyone. I hate to tell you this and burst your little bubble, but what people choose to watch on tv has nothing to do with their intelligence. What do you think college professors are sitting at home watching PBS and the list of shows below? Hate to tell you this but it is a mixture of stuff ranging from highbrowed comedies to low end reality tv and even crap like 16 and pregnant.

Making judgements about people you dont know based on their television and movie choices is elitist and dumb and I bet if there was ever an actual in depth study would prove no real correlation.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I know plenty of smart people that watch unsmart shows. I know plenty of morons that watch what is supposedly genius crap like Once Upon a Time. It proves nothing. Hell Kepler watches The Bachelor.

But please explain to me why "So You Think You Can Dance" makes you smarter than watching "NCIS" or why watching Tosh.O is such higher level than Americas Funniest Home Videos (they are the same show) or how watching Game of Thrones shows you are an intellectual but watching The Walking Dead proves you are just a monosyllbic drooler living out in the beet fields.

Dont you all see this is the type of crap that basically turned off half the country leading to the rise of the Sexual Predator in Chief. A bunch of high minded liberals patting themselves on the back talking down to everyone. I hate to tell you this and burst your little bubble, but what people choose to watch on tv has nothing to do with their intelligence. What do you think college professors are sitting at home watching PBS and the list of shows below? Hate to tell you this but it is a mixture of stuff ranging from highbrowed comedies to low end reality tv and even crap like 16 and pregnant.

Making judgements about people you dont know based on their television and movie choices is elitist and dumb and I bet if there was ever an actual in depth study would prove no real correlation.
                      It's the trendlines, Handy. The trendlines. Any single show in a vacuum means nothing. The overall trendline is bothersome.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        Handy, you really don't see a trend in those lists?
                        Sure I do...it means nothing.

Do you guys really think it means what you are implying it means? Because I dont live in rural area and I know just as many people who watch shows from the "lesser than" list (which is obviously the point of what the post was) as I do the "genius" list. I know twice as many that watch multiple from both.

You are all judging a group based on taste. And the worst part is you are friggin doing it backwards. Well we know rural people think this way, now lets find out what shows they watch and we can judge them and the shows! Oh the city folk like Family Guy but dem rurals love American Dad! Well we know what that means! (both on the same network made by the same guy)

You all really need to take a step back because it is crap like that which is why people hate The Left...you sound like snobs.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          It's the trendlines, Handy. The trendlines. Any single show in a vacuum means nothing. The overall trendline is bothersome.
                          So is the snobbish trendline in here. My lord...

But then I guess I am part of the problem since I watch as many shows on the bottom list as I do the top...and I hate more on the top list than I do the bottom. (I am indifferent to most on the bottom and never watch them) So go ahead, judge me too.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Sure I do...it means nothing.

Do you guys really think it means what you are implying it means? Because I dont live in rural area and I know just as many people who watch shows from the "lesser than" list (which is obviously the point of what the post was) as I do the "genius" list. I know twice as many that watch multiple from both.

You are all judging a group based on taste. And the worst part is you are friggin doing it backwards. Well we know rural people think this way, now lets find out what shows they watch and we can judge them and the shows! Oh the city folk like Family Guy but dem rurals love American Dad! Well we know what that means! (both on the same network made by the same guy)

You all really need to take a step back because it is crap like that which is why people hate The Left...you sound like snobs.
                            The New York Times could probably create an identical interactive map that shows where people favor Budweiser versus wine. Would that map be any more indicative as to who is smarter, more cultured, or what they're really suggesting, "better?" I agree with your posts. It's about tastes, nothing more, nothing less.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

I think Trump is doing his own social media graphics. At least, I hope he is, because they look like something a 70 year old man trying to use MS Paint as photoshop would put together.
                              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

And we haven't even touched on what it says about a person's mental and emotional makeup to openly acknowledge being a gopher hockey fan.

And I probably should not bring it up, but it is the elephant in the room, no?

Comment

Working...
                                X