• Show
Clear All

Re: POTUS Elect Trump II: Lefties whining and regurgitating fake news

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    the 9/11 inside job
    Beg pardon?
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Beg pardon?
      Forget it, he's rolling.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
        Dealing with a republican congress who fought you at every single turn. Realistically, Guantanamo could not be closed because of them, they did a great job raking the fires of disaster if we left, they blamed every single thing on Hillary, etc etc etc.

For you, a glass belly button. You have earned it.
        You had a super-majority from 2009 to 2011. Therefore, you had a perfect chance. You still didn't. Nice try.

Comment

You had a super-majority from 2009 to 2011. Therefore, you had a perfect chance. You still didn't. Nice try.
          pretty sure he was kind of busy cleaning up GWB's economic disaster and taking on healthcare his first couple years. Of course, he would then get cock blocked on everything the following 6 years...

Comment

Uh oh, more jobs coming to the US... http://www.infowars.com/ibm-announce...ng-with-trump/

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
              pretty sure he was kind of busy cleaning up GWB's economic disaster and taking on healthcare his first couple years. Of course, he would then get cock blocked on everything the following 6 years...
              Also bringing in a joke-cracking press corps. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPDmeEuII0c

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                I think you underestimate the damage that is about to be done. 2000-2010 economically was a disaster for the Middle Class. It's still not recovered. It's going to get worse the next 4-8 years.
                2000-2010 was a disaster for more than the middle class. It was a disaster for just about everyone on earth save the plutocrats.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  President Obama had six years of a Republican controlled Congress. Why couldn't he get much done his first two years with a Democratically controlled Congress? How will Trump's political situation differ from President Obama's first two years in terms of Congressional support?

In the first two years of Pres. Obama's first term he had a friendly Congress, but the only political thing he could consider a positive accomplish worthy of note was the PPACA, which had to be backdoored during a lame duck session as the Democrats were being ushered out the door following the 2010 election.
                  Highlighted the answer for you. The biggest enemy to the Dems is the GOP only slightly ahead of their fellow Democrats
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                    Depending on how you define middle class, it was a disaster if you lost your job and either didn't find another one or had to take a massive cut in pay. Lets be honest here, if you kept your job, you made out like a bandit because interest rates got so low you refinanced your mortgage at the lowest rates in living memory. Everything was cheaper from vacations to the people you hired to work on your house. Yes, you had to deal with the stress of potentially losing your job but that's a far cry from actually getting turfed.

Regarding Trumpian damage, I'd say as long as he doesn't start a decades long war we should be able to survive. Big, BIG priority if his administration becomes the disaster that we think it will is seizing back the House in the off year election. Senate map is too difficult this time around. If people lose their healthcare however in the meantime too F'in bad. That what you get for voting Republican (or not voting at all).
                    This is 100% true.

I bought my house at the lowest price it has ever been and then I refinanced with a 15-year at 2.75%. I also dumped a ton of money into the markets at the bottom because I could afford to. I made out like a bandit.

I think you're right about the war piece. But I'd argue that if other countries start strategically positioning themselves for renewal energy tech development, that's hundreds of billions of dollars, probably trillions of dollars we lose out on. All for a couple billion today in coal and oil.
                    Code:
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Beg pardon?
                      I put him on ignore when he said that Sandy Hook was fake and that Obama made it all up as part of a ruse to steal our guns.
                      Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        I put him on ignore when he said that Sandy Hook was fake and that Obama made it all up as part of a ruse to steal our guns.
                        ...and it worked, with the unsafe act in NYS, which still almost no one wants to enforce...

Comment

Hypocrites...

I have personally heard this racist, homophobic clown say Hillary would destroy this country over the POSSIBILITY she did exactly what he was found to have done. And he didnt do it with a private email server...he just told allies what agencies like the CIA were doing in Afghanistan.

I await our fellow posters who ripped Hillary to shreds all year (you know who you are) ****ing posts about this evil man!
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            Hypocrites...

I have personally heard this racist, homophobic clown say Hillary would destroy this country over the POSSIBILITY she did exactly what he was found to have done. And he didnt do it with a private email server...he just told allies what agencies like the CIA were doing in Afghanistan.

I await our fellow posters who ripped Hillary to shreds all year (you know who you are) ****ing posts about this evil man!
                            *I'm chanting right now* LOCK HIM UP. LOCK HIM UP. LOCK HIM UP.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

...and it worked, with the unsafe act in NYS, which still almost no one wants to enforce...
                              Lol
                              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

You should read a lot more Mencken if that's what you think he's about. And not the political stuff, which was just throwaway lines. The deep, hard stuff -- the literary criticism. There is a great mind at work there.

He had no love for yokelism, but yokelism is like any mass adjective -- it's a projection from a distance onto an undifferentiated group. When Mencken talks abut individuals his perception is sharp, and his sympathy with what is good in all men is profound. He hated the laziness of the public, but in the sense of its "public-ness." He hated the growing menace of the Mass Man in media, religion, politics and most of all in art.

Menken's enemy isn't this "common man" or that -- it's The Common Man -- that totem that tyrants and tea-totalers erect to magnify themselves. My God what he would have made of Trump.
                                He was a complicated man, and I certainly don't expect people to take my one sentence about one aspect of his belief system and think that adequately summarized the man as a whole. That is far beyond my capabilities, especially with someone as interesting and diverse as Mencken. But the guy had some unsavory aspects to him, including racists beliefs that we either have to recognize or just chalk them up to "them was the times."

I guess my sentence was more of a jab at what I think is an unfortunate development not only in these political threads, but in social media in general, which is the disdain shown for segments of our public that may not be as well educated, who may be more rural or may have a more simplistic belief system. Mencken satired these people and lamented the roadblock they posed to good, qualified people in leadership positions. But I think we've moved beyond that to just plain mean-spiritedness and contempt.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X