• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    Re: Nice Planet 13: This Planet Sucks

Originally posted by unofan View Post
    On the bright side, the clip of Jon Stewart that resulted in Crossfire being cancelled will be relevant again.
    Yeah, he took down that show. I saw that live. I used to watch that show.

Leave a comment:

• unofan
    replied
    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    I'd like to congratulate Fox News on their Bill O'Reilly replacement.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b091e58f3806d7

Congratulations Fox. Congratulations.
    On the bright side, the clip of Jon Stewart that resulted in Crossfire being cancelled will be relevant again.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied

I'd like to congratulate Fox News on their Bill O'Reilly replacement.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b091e58f3806d7

However, as evidenced from a statement Carlson made on a previous show of his, taking over the space from O’Reilly is hardly a giant win for those rooting for O’Reilly’s departure.

During a 2006 segment on Carlson’s former MSNBC show, “Tucker,” Democratic strategist Steve McMahon claimed that Democrats taking control over Congress would usher in an era of “a lot more fun.”

In a slight departure from the topic, Carlson responded with a reveal of his own feelings about sexual harassment.

“A lot more fun?” Carlson said. “This is a group that made up the concept of sexual harassment. ‘You look great today.’ ‘Boom, I‘m charging you with a crime.’”

As noted in The Daily Dish back in 2007, Carlson also spoke about sexual harassment on an earlier iteration of his MSNBC show.

“So it‘s basically everything related to sex that we don‘t like is now sexual harassment,” said Carlson.
    Congratulations Fox. Congratulations.
    Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 04-20-2017, 02:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied

I can only go for a little Rush when I'm driving around in his prime territory. A couple of years ago, I tuned him in for the lulz while driving around in southern Utah.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    People like O'Reilly, Howard Stern, whatever blowhard you want to name, is that not only do they draw the people who are fans, they draw people who AREN'T fans. The non-fans want to hear what these people say next, so they can complain about what crap the hosts spew.
    I guess this is right but I just can't crawl into those heads. I can't listen to that stuff because the stupidity just BOTHERS me. The obvious contradictions and appeals to emotion occur regularly. This is infuriating -- even moreso when it's a "friendly" POV.

Stupidity is repellent. It's why all advertising and almost all editorial content are unwatchable / unlistenable. It's beneath the audience, and after 10 seconds I'm reaching for the off switch with blood in my eyes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X