X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet 13: This Planet Sucks

http://www.startribune.com/police-al...dom/442917073/

Posted without comment.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I am Sure They Just Wanted to Protect a Statue or Something
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

It's not called "Idiots Out Wandering Around" for nothing.

Comment

Nice job by Equifax
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
            Nice job by Equifax
            The insider trading is just the icing on the cake.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/07/cred...consumers.html

Comment

143 million people.

The population of the US is ~323 million.

Factor out kids under 18...this probably touches a good 75% of the people in this country who have ever had any sort of credit history.

I'm not exaggerating when I say this could affect America and its economy on a 2008 scale. The credit of every single member of the population is now under question.
              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

How? I'm just not seeing any possible way a data leak could have the same impact as the worst global economic downturn since the Great Depression.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  How? I'm just not seeing any possible way a data leak could have the same impact as the worst global economic downturn since the Great Depression.
                  If your data has been hacked, things could be done to screw with your credit rating/etc. Therefore, no loans or loans with higher interest rates, etc. I believe that is what he is saying. Also, who knows what they'll do with all that other information at their disposal....
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    The insider trading is just the icing on the cake.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/07/cred...consumers.html
                    Nice:

SEC filings show that three Equifax executives – Chief Financial Officer John Gamble Jr., workforce solutions president Rodolfo Ploder and U.S. information solutions president Joseph Loughran – sold nearly $2 million in shares in the company days after the cyberattack was discovered. It was unclear whether their share sales had anything to do with the breach.
                    They should go to prison for negligence compounded by attempting to make a profit off it.

Just take a scythe to the 1% and start over.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      If your data has been hacked, things could be done to screw with your credit rating/etc. Therefore, no loans or loans with higher interest rates, etc. I believe that is what he is saying. Also, who knows what they'll do with all that other information at their disposal....
                      Scope and risk management. This isn't a couple hundred thousand people known to be isolated to one vendor where we can get them credit monitoring/identity restoration and say "okay, we've isolated the problem and mitigated the risk, we should be good now."

This is (at minimum) half the consumer population of what is otherwise the most financially stable country on the planet. We've just taken the normalized and relatively known and accounted for risk of fraud/skipping town/not being able to pay/whatever and multiplied it a hundredfold. Given how much the credit system in this country relies on that risk being mitigated, and how much the economy relies on the credit system, this is a showstopper. Some major reform is going to have to come out of this.
                      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Not to mention, it took them 6 farking weeks to go public with this?

Honestly, I'm not sure Equifax shouldn't be sued out of existence by the time this investigation is over. When a company like Target gets hit, that's one thing; they could do a much better job of protecting consumer info, but info sec isn't their main LOB.

The credit bureaus are essentially PII warehouses that are entrusted with all of this personal data so that consumers can build a good credit record and obtain credit when needed/wanted. If PII is your business, then the expectation is that you are doing everything in your power to safeguard it - hiring the brightest and best security experts, implementing the best tech, etc.

This is an Arthur Andersen-level loss of trust and image.

Comment

Working...
                        X