X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet 13: This Planet Sucks

Clearly a failing student of the Trump School of Seduction

Perhaps if he were a bigger star, she'd have let him do it.

Comment

Put up a memorial, and the assailants steal from it. https://www.infowars.com/video-migra...bing-memorial/

Comment

Apparently the new thing is to put nooses up in the African American Museum in Washington. Just remember though racism is dead and the real oppressed are the White People!
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          Apparently the new thing is to put nooses up in the African American Museum in Washington. Just remember though racism is dead and the real oppressed are the White People!
          “I have a great relationship with the blacks. I’ve always had a great relationship with the blacks.” - Donald Trump
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

These people never left in 1964, they just switched parties and went underground. From Saint Ronnie to Jesse Helms to Lee Atwater to Pat Buchanan to David Duke to Donald Trump they've been a portion of the Republican base since the 80s. They've now finally surfaced, like worms after a rainstorm.

Maybe Trump is a blessing in disguise. We had gotten to where reasonable middle class whites thought these scum were dead. With this cloak, GOP justices had gutted the CRA of 1964 and were getting ready for even worse predations.

But now Trump has ruined the game and emboldened the knucks to walk in the sunlight again, and everybody with a conscience and a brain is recoiling in horror. And as "nice" Republicans prevaricate and excuse, those reasonable middle class whites are finally realizing what the GOP is and what they will allow to happen in the name of their team winning.

There probably is not a person under the age of 30 who can stand the GOP who is not a full-bore Neo-Nazi. They are destroying themselves by... being themselves.
            Last edited by Kepler; 06-01-2017, 08:31 AM.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              These people never left in 1964, they just switched parties and went underground. From Saint Ronnie to Jesse Helms to Lee Atwater to Pat Buchanan to David Duke to Donald Trump they've been a portion of the Republican base since the 80s. They've now finally surfaced, like worms after a rainstorm.

Maybe Trump is a blessing in disguise. We had gotten to where reasonable middle class whites thought these scum were dead. With this cloak, GOP justices had gutted the CRA of 1964 and were getting ready for even worse predations.

But now Trump has ruined the game and emboldened them to walk in the sunlight again, and everybody with a conscience and a brain is recoiling in horror. And as "nice" Republicans prevaricate and excuse, those reasonable middle class whites are finally realizing what the GOP is and what they will allow to happen in the name of their team winning.

There probably is not a person under the age of 30 who can stand the GOP who is not a full-bore Neo-Nazi. They are destroying themselves by... being themselves.
              That is the one thing I'm happy (?; wrong word, but you get it) about. I'd rather know who the racists are. They're speaking out now, unlike the past few years.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                That is the one thing I'm happy (?; wrong word, but you get it) about. I'd rather know who the racists are. They're speaking out now, unlike the past few years.
                It's like war. Each generation has to relearn the lesson for themselves. Ferguson wasn't enough -- that might as well have been Kabul. People needed to actually see what scurries out when you overturn the rocks in your own neighborhood.

All around the world, same song.
                Last edited by Kepler; 06-01-2017, 08:38 AM.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Sorry I dont buy that. Maybe I would if it caused them to be shouted down by the masses but that hasnt happened at all. All it has done is embolden even more people close to the fringes to act out as well.

The "Self Identifying" thesis only works if the identifying brings about scorn. Right now it doesnt and we are seeing it more and more every day.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Sorry I dont buy that. Maybe I would if it caused them to be shouted down by the masses but that hasnt happened at all. All it has done is embolden even more people close to the fringes to act out as well.

The "Self Identifying" thesis only works if the identifying brings about scorn. Right now it doesnt and we are seeing it more and more every day.
                    That's a fair point. It's sad that it's like that, also.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

But now Trump has ruined the game and emboldened the knucks to walk in the sunlight again, and everybody with a conscience and a brain is recoiling in horror. And as "nice" Republicans prevaricate and excuse, those reasonable middle class whites are finally realizing what the GOP is and what they will allow to happen in the name of their team winning.

They gutted the voting rights act, not the civil rights act. Just to be pedantic.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                        They gutted the voting rights act, not the civil rights act. Just to be pedantic.
                        I actually thought about it before I posted, too.

I am an idiot.

CRA 64, VRA 65. Right?
                        Cornell University

Comment

Grand Rapids, MI has a gentrification problem.
                          https://griid.org/2017/05/29/the-dev...-neighborhood/

Houses are being torn down, families are being displaced, and rent is drastically rising. In some cases, plans are being made to re-do neighborhoods without telling the people who live there.
                          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                          Patreon for exclusive writing content
                          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                            In some cases, plans are being made to re-do neighborhoods without telling the people who live there.
                            Really? This is evil?

Would you also expect an inventor who has a new idea to go around telling everyone, "Hey, I've got this great idea to make some money...."? There's no patent protection for an idea to re-develop a neighborhood - the only way to protect it is keep it as a trade secret, a.k.a. not telling anybody.
                            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                              Really? This is evil?

Would you also expect an inventor who has a new idea to go around telling everyone, "Hey, I've got this great idea to make some money...."? There's no patent protection for an idea to re-develop a neighborhood - the only way to protect it is keep it as a trade secret, a.k.a. not telling anybody.
                              That is a horrible analogy. People who live in a neighborhood are either paying rent or own...they have a financial stake in what is going on so if some developer wants to do so something you are ****ed right they should be informed especially if it in any way involves demolishing property or displacing people.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

That is a horrible analogy. People who live in a neighborhood are either paying rent or own...they have a financial stake in what is going on so if some developer wants to do so something you are ****ed right they should be informed especially if it in any way involves demolishing property or displacing people.
                                Couldn't agree more. That was a complete apples to potatoes comparison by Lynah.

Comment

Working...
                                X