• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet 13: This Planet Sucks

Originally posted by burd View Post
    You're Sioux green...
    Whioux?

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Having lived in all three for significant lengths of time, anyone over the age of 40 is crazy to live in a city and anyone with an IQ over 80 is crazy to live in the country.
    I miss living in the city but wouldn't move back before the kids go to college.

To be honest there are things I love about all three locales. I love the vibrancy of the city, walking down a street with choice after choice, the mix of people, the chatter, the noise. In the burbs we had a large yard for the kids to play in, there was space and yet you were never too far from anything you needed. In our burb there was plenty of diversity still and the sense of community was great. In college I transferred from the U in the TC to a small school in a town of 30,000. One year I rented a house literally on a farm with a few others and although it wasn't true, true country living there were many aspects of small time life that really appealed to me.

In retirement my wife and I plan to have a condo in Bangkok on the river and a small house in an outer ring suburb in the TC area. If we can afford a 3rd place we'll have a cabin in a small town somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      Whioux?
      Don't mind him, he's just being a bit hawkish, squaring for a quibble.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Black people are now supposedly white supremacists. http://www.theroot.com/charles-barkl...-su-1798149722

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the result of the intentional division of America by the Fake News Media.

Comment

I just have that sinking feeling that this will not end well.

http://www.inforum.com/news/4317213-...woman-vanished
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
            I just have that sinking feeling that this will not end well.

http://www.inforum.com/news/4317213-...woman-vanished
            Seems pretty obvious.

Either the baby did it or it's a time travel thing.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Are you having a good day? You're not? Good, then this won't ruin it.

Money shot:

“Breeding usually slows down during the winter months,” he said. But with shorter, warmer winters becoming more common—2016 was America’s warmest winter on record—rats are experiencing a baby boom. “They have an edge of squeezing out one more litter, one more half litter,” Corrigan said.

One more litter or half litter makes a serious difference when a population boom is not only a nuisance, but a public health and economic crisis. Rats breed like rabbits; as this alarming Rentokil graphic shows, two rats in an ideal environment can turn into 482 million rats over a period of three years. ...

What’s more, every new litter increases the risk of a rodent-borne disease. A 2014 Columbia University study showed that New York City’s rats carry diseases like E. coli, salmonella, and Seoul hanta*virus, which “can cause Ebolalike hemorrhagic fever,” according to the Washington Post.
              Whee!

I saw a NYC subway worker throw a brick at a rat, miss him by a quarter inch, and the rat didn't even budge, just slowly turned around and glowered at us.

We left.
              Last edited by Kepler; 08-25-2017, 02:41 PM.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Hahaha. Pizza rat's offspring most likely. When it realized the brick wasn't food, it wasn't happy.

Hanta is the one that scares me.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  Are you having a good day? You're not? Good, then this won't ruin it.

Money shot:

Whee!

I saw a NYC subway worker throw a brick at a rat, miss him by a quarter inch, and the rat didn't even budge, just slowly turned around and glowered at us.

We left.
                  This sounds like heaven for one of my co-workers...loves rats.
                  Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                  Originally posted by Quizmire
                  mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                  MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                  MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                  I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                    This sounds like heaven for one of my co-workers...loves rats.
                    In a nice Chateaubriand and served with Margaux?
                    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Meanwhile, in herp-a-derp land, Xtians continue to play the victim.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        Meanwhile, in herp-a-derp land, Xtians continue to play the victim.
                        Unfortunately, in this day and age, it's either allow all displays, or none at all. A display is a display. And in this case, a flag is a flag. NOT saying it is right, it's just the way it is.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          Unfortunately, in this day and age, it's either allow all displays, or none at all. A display is a display. And in this case, a flag is a flag. NOT saying it is right, it's just the way it is.
                          Sorry but that doesn't fly. Tell me where a rainbow flag is a symbol of hate like the Confederate Flag is? No one is persecuted in this case even the whiny Christians.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            No that's not how it is and again you're being willfully obtuse on the differences between what each flag represents.

The argument is that the flag at Auburn High School “creates a hostile and provocative learning environment for students not comfortable to openly supporting LGBTQ+ community in a public school where students come from diverse political and religious backgrounds.”
                            Well guess what snowflakes, f##k you and your ignorant parents that teach and foster hate rather than acceptance. Brent you're just wrong on this again and will always be wrong as long as you continue to take this approach.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              Sorry but that doesn't fly. Tell me where a rainbow flag is a symbol of hate like the Confederate Flag is? No one is persecuted in this case even the whiny Christians.
                              That's exactly my point. To display a flag, whatever the reason (good or bad), is either allowed, or it's not. No exceptions. I don't like that reasoning, but that is what this society has become.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                That's exactly my point. To display a flag, whatever the reason (good or bad), is either allowed, or it's not. No exceptions. I don't like that reasoning, but that is what this society has become.
                                Yeah, when gays persecute Christians we can talk. Until then it's a nonsense argument. The confederate flag is a symbol of oppression. The rainbow flag is a symbol of surviving oppression. If morons can't understand that and are offended then the morons lose, not the 90% of adults who have a brain.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X