X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishman'81
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

What possible legal issues are there for gender that don't involve a locker room or bathroom?

And I'm excluding those two scenarios because they're somehow safe harbor for conservatives.
    There exist a whole ton of legal issues.

Think about it; the possibilities are nearly endless, if one can shape-change at will.
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-25-2023, 10:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    210 (ish) pieces of anti-trans legislation proposed this year, including bans on affirming care up to age 26.

At least 90% of those bills have been proposed in states ranking at or near the bottom in quality of life, infrastructure, and child welfare.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

Also, as a trans woman, I can show you pictures of where I was 10 years ago to the person I am now. The difference is night and day.

And dx, expanding further, I will also say that it's hateful when bigots reduce my right to exist and participate in society as I am to a debate, in the same way one debates pineapple on pizza or ketchup on hot dogs. Also, phobes will say "I don't hate you," then accuse trans women and the drag community of rape, grooming, and pedophilia, for which there is no evidence.
    Team pineapple and ketchup.

Being serious for a moment (though, I am serious about ketchup and pineapple) I don't disagree. But I guess I didn't follow why you tagged me here. I wanted to make sure I didn't say anything stupider than usual

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Originally posted by Swansong View Post
    Yeah, the worst thing that could happen at one of these drag brunches is if republicans show up.
    And at this point, it's nonviolence when possible, but I am prepared to swing my fists should the need arise.

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    Yeah, the worst thing that could happen at one of these drag brunches is if republicans show up.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Also, as a trans woman, I can show you pictures of where I was 10 years ago to the person I am now. The difference is night and day.

And dx, expanding further, I will also say that it's hateful when bigots reduce my right to exist and participate in society as I am to a debate, in the same way one debates pineapple on pizza or ketchup on hot dogs. Also, phobes will say "I don't hate you," then accuse trans women and the drag community of rape, grooming, and pedophilia, for which there is no evidence.
    Particularly since the groomers, rapists, and pedophiles are inevitably rightwing evangelicals and Catholics.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

These two statements are contradictory. If you were actually okay with people adopting “new” gender identities, then you would be able to look us in the keyboard and say, “A trans woman IS a woman, and that woman happened to be born with a dick.”

But you won’t, because deep down in your brain, you don’t believe that trans women ARE women. You see it as “taking on a role” or “play acting,” not as being an expression of who they truly are. Putting on the clothes, adopting new patterns of speech, even surgery, are all just the outward, physical signs of the person inside.

Denying that someone is who they know themselves to be IS hate, no matter how much you think that the many other non-hateful things you do in other areas of your life somehow prove that you can’t be hateful in this way.

Given how marginalized and vulnerable the trans community is, yes, seeing expressions of hate toward them makes my blood boil - I would have more understanding towards people who pulled the wing off of flies or kicked puppies.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    No

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    My god, was he ever funny?

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    She’s half black tho
    Look to the cookie! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR9wi3q6d8o

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    She’s half black tho

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied
    Now we're stuck with more Maya Rudolph. Thanks a ****ing bunch conservatives. https://twitter.com/mmschocolate/sta...18785686274052

Leave a comment:

• LynahFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

women aren't born with dicks, and men aren't born with ovaries.

I'm fine with anyone assuming any gender-identity.
    These two statements are contradictory. If you were actually okay with people adopting “new” gender identities, then you would be able to look us in the keyboard and say, “A trans woman IS a woman, and that woman happened to be born with a dick.”

But you won’t, because deep down in your brain, you don’t believe that trans women ARE women. You see it as “taking on a role” or “play acting,” not as being an expression of who they truly are. Putting on the clothes, adopting new patterns of speech, even surgery, are all just the outward, physical signs of the person inside.

Denying that someone is who they know themselves to be IS hate, no matter how much you think that the many other non-hateful things you do in other areas of your life somehow prove that you can’t be hateful in this way.

Given how marginalized and vulnerable the trans community is, yes, seeing expressions of hate toward them makes my blood boil - I would have more understanding towards people who pulled the wing off of flies or kicked puppies.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Honestly, for people who scream "don't shove your transness in our face," they're the ones who shove being trans in our face, making us live on the defensive, and making us justify our existence.

All I wanted to do was drink coffee, go to work, come home, watch Netflix, and go to bed. Not answer the same tired *** questions 47 times a day.
    I am trying to say something different.

There are, at most, 69 people who mattered in human history. None of us knows who they were.

Nobody anybody has heard of matters.

The rest of us just try not to f-ck it up.

But the effect of her being on those around her was incalculably diffusive: for the growing good of the world is partly dependent on unhistoric acts; and that things are not so ill with you and me as they might have been, is half owing to the number who lived faithfully a hidden life, and rest in unvisited tombs.
    Don't you get it, you pathetic morons?

Get out of your head.

Last edited by Kepler; 01-23-2023, 12:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Be gentle. Do not mistake the worms in your head for reality.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X