Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MissThundercat
    replied
    If you have to name your product War Paint, your looks and your masculinity are going down the toilet faster than an unwanted pregnancy on prom night.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

And have you looked at fragrance names? They are no better. An off the wall name is part of the marketing.

Or do you think that OBSESSION is appropriate because obviously anyone that wears that is a roofie using date raping d-bag?

Also, look at the bio of the creator of the stuff. Kinda sounds like the kind of person a MAGA would bully and torment in high school, doesn't it?
    OBSESSION gets a lifetime pass because it gave us this.

Leave a comment:

• RaceBoarder
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

It doesn't matter. If you're so terrified you have to call your eyeliner War Paint, your masculinity is in the toilet with gun owners.

And while I assume these are the usual frat boy date rapists who wind up on the local Chamber of Commerce board, if a bunch of D&D PhDs slipped in there then fuck them too.
    And have you looked at fragrance names? They are no better. An off the wall name is part of the marketing.

Or do you think that OBSESSION is appropriate because obviously anyone that wears that is a roofie using date raping d-bag?

Also, look at the bio of the creator of the stuff. Kinda sounds like the kind of person a MAGA would bully and torment in high school, doesn't it?

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

I don't think you realize the type of guy that actually buys this. Odds are the people looking at this product are fairly progressive.
    It doesn't matter. If you're so terrified you have to call your eyeliner War Paint, your masculinity is in the toilet with gun owners.

And while I assume these are the usual frat boy date rapists who wind up on the local Chamber of Commerce board, if a bunch of D&D PhDs slipped in there then fuck them too.

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    Originally posted by unofan View Post

Is it dumb if it sells? See also Axe body spray.
    Well, I guess "dumb" is in the eye of the beholder. But touche.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied

It's called War Paint. They aren't marketing this to the average progressive. They're trying to expand the market to the former frat bros who bought Axe in their 20s and are now entering their 40s.
    If they were progressive, they'd be going to MAC, Sephora, or Ulta Beauty.

Leave a comment:

• unofan
    replied

I don't think you realize the type of guy that actually buys this. Odds are the people looking at this product are fairly progressive.
    It's called War Paint. They aren't marketing this to the average progressive. They're trying to expand the market to the former frat bros who bought Axe in their 20s and are now entering their 40s.

Leave a comment:

• RaceBoarder
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

That is exactly what this is. Axe Body Spray for the limpdicks.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

That is exactly what this is. Axe Body Spray for the limpdicks.

Leave a comment:

• unofan
    replied
    Originally posted by Swansong View Post
    So it's guyliner?

I don't get this, honestly. Males (cis or trans) that wear eyeliner/facial makeup likely don't care what you call it, do they? This kind of seems like a dumb marketing gimmick. Help me out here; am I missing something obvious?

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    So it's guyliner?

I don't get this, honestly. Males (cis or trans) that wear eyeliner/facial makeup likely don't care what you call it, do they? This kind of seems like a dumb marketing gimmick. Help me out here; am I missing something obvious?

Leave a comment:

• RaceBoarder
    replied
    Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Masculinity is fragile and delicate, so we're calling eye concealer "War Paint."

https://us.warpaintformen.com/?gclid...BoChMYQAvD_BwE
    The fact that it's "vegan" and "Cruelty Free" kind of shoots down the pot shot you are trying to take at men here.

Products like this always have "edgy" names. Just look at any high end cologne. That's just the nature of branding in that sector of the market.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Masculinity is fragile and delicate, so we're calling eye concealer "War Paint."

https://us.warpaintformen.com/?gclid...BoChMYQAvD_BwE

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Originally posted by French Rage View Post

Also they shouldn't run marathons because their uteruses (uteri?) will fall right out.
    *links to some fringe study*

It's science! Aren't you libs always telling people to "follow the science"?

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    their uteruses (uteri?) will fall right out.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X