Clear All

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    She’s half black tho
    Look to the cookie! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR9wi3q6d8o

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
      My god, was he ever funny?
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• No
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

These two statements are contradictory. If you were actually okay with people adopting “new” gender identities, then you would be able to look us in the keyboard and say, “A trans woman IS a woman, and that woman happened to be born with a dick.”

But you won’t, because deep down in your brain, you don’t believe that trans women ARE women. You see it as “taking on a role” or “play acting,” not as being an expression of who they truly are. Putting on the clothes, adopting new patterns of speech, even surgery, are all just the outward, physical signs of the person inside.

Denying that someone is who they know themselves to be IS hate, no matter how much you think that the many other non-hateful things you do in other areas of your life somehow prove that you can’t be hateful in this way.

Given how marginalized and vulnerable the trans community is, yes, seeing expressions of hate toward them makes my blood boil - I would have more understanding towards people who pulled the wing off of flies or kicked puppies.
          Also, as a trans woman, I can show you pictures of where I was 10 years ago to the person I am now. The difference is night and day.

And dx, expanding further, I will also say that it's hateful when bigots reduce my right to exist and participate in society as I am to a debate, in the same way one debates pineapple on pizza or ketchup on hot dogs. Also, phobes will say "I don't hate you," then accuse trans women and the drag community of rape, grooming, and pedophilia, for which there is no evidence.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

Also, as a trans woman, I can show you pictures of where I was 10 years ago to the person I am now. The difference is night and day.

And dx, expanding further, I will also say that it's hateful when bigots reduce my right to exist and participate in society as I am to a debate, in the same way one debates pineapple on pizza or ketchup on hot dogs. Also, phobes will say "I don't hate you," then accuse trans women and the drag community of rape, grooming, and pedophilia, for which there is no evidence.
            Particularly since the groomers, rapists, and pedophiles are inevitably rightwing evangelicals and Catholics.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Yeah, the worst thing that could happen at one of these drag brunches is if republicans show up.
              I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                Yeah, the worst thing that could happen at one of these drag brunches is if republicans show up.
                And at this point, it's nonviolence when possible, but I am prepared to swing my fists should the need arise.
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

Team pineapple and ketchup.

Being serious for a moment (though, I am serious about ketchup and pineapple) I don't disagree. But I guess I didn't follow why you tagged me here. I wanted to make sure I didn't say anything stupider than usual
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• 210 (ish) pieces of anti-trans legislation proposed this year, including bans on affirming care up to age 26.

At least 90% of those bills have been proposed in states ranking at or near the bottom in quality of life, infrastructure, and child welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

What possible legal issues are there for gender that don't involve a locker room or bathroom?

And I'm excluding those two scenarios because they're somehow safe harbor for conservatives.
                      There exist a whole ton of legal issues.

Think about it; the possibilities are nearly endless, if one can shape-change at will.
                      Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-25-2023, 10:14 PM.

Comment

• The only limit is yourself. Zombo.com!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

There exist a whole ton of legal issues.

Think about it; the possibilities are nearly endless, if one can shape-change at will.
                          One can. Nobody does.

Forget data - can you even come up with an anecdote?
                          If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

These two statements are contradictory. If you were actually okay with people adopting “new” gender identities, then you would be able to look us in the keyboard and say, “A trans woman IS a woman, and that woman happened to be born with a dick.”

But you won’t, because deep down in your brain, you don’t believe that trans women ARE women. You see it as “taking on a role” or “play acting,” not as being an expression of who they truly are. Putting on the clothes, adopting new patterns of speech, even surgery, are all just the outward, physical signs of the person inside.

Denying that someone is who they know themselves to be IS hate, no matter how much you think that the many other non-hateful things you do in other areas of your life somehow prove that you can’t be hateful in this way.

Given how marginalized and vulnerable the trans community is, yes, seeing expressions of hate toward them makes my blood boil - I would have more understanding towards people who pulled the wing off of flies or kicked puppies.
                            You go ahead and kick all the puppies you want to kick. What you say amounts to exactly that.

I don't hate anyone.

But, I have a brain, and possess the ability to process the inevitable outcomes of certain misplaced "logic".

Comment

• If "shape-shifting at will" were a thing, I damn sure wouldn't have chosen something that meant societal, political, and familial maltreatment.

I'd have picked Pink Fire Breathing Dragon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                                I don't hate anyone.
                                That is good, and perhaps because of that you should take pause from the fact that LOTS of us are telling you the effect of your words and your attitudes causes people pain. Maybe you should consider the effect of your opinions on others, and perhaps you should say to yourself, "Self, now I know you feel this very strongly, but isn't it immaterial in the end what editorial opinion you have about these people whereas, on the other hand, they have to actually live their lives?"

And, most importantly, maybe because you have empathy you should consider that anti-trans rhetoric supports an environment in which trans people are under threat of both legal consequences and physical violence, and psychological harm of such a magnitude many attempt suicide.

What idea is worth that damage? You don't hate people and you don't wish them harm. So stand down.

Last edited by Kepler; 01-26-2023, 08:19 AM.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X