Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There are rumors that a country music singer is transitioning.

im sure the conservative base would handle that well. If true

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      There are rumors that a country music singer is transitioning.

im sure the conservative base would handle that well. If true
      Please be Brad Paisley.

Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Please be Brad Paisley.
        Alan Jackson gets my vote.
        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

Alan Jackson gets my vote.
          I got my money on Kenny Chesney.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Isn’t aldean the one with the super maga wife? Or is that some other loser?

Comment

Isn't aldean the one with the super maga wife? Or is that some other loser?
              You've got it right. Plus he cheated on his previous wife with her, so of course she idolizes Dump.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                I got my money on Kenny Chesney.
                Is he a Dumpy? I thought those metrosexual guys (Chesney, Brooks, Keith) had absolutely no political opinions and wrote and spoke only AI-generated, non-controversial pablum to not offend anyone?
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Is he a Dumpy? I thought those metrosexual guys (Chesney, Brooks, Keith) had absolutely no political opinions and wrote and spoke only AI-generated, non-controversial pablum to not offend anyone?
                  Chestnut is the Country version of Jimmy Buffet

Keith is the Country version of a scared ***** cat hissing loudly.

Garth Brooks strikes me as a guy who’d like to come out and full Democrat but won’t do it since his comeback in order to avoid being Dixie Chicked. I’d wager “We Shall be Free” is his political/social manifesto that he released at the height of his popularity, back when I was still in high school.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    Chestnut is the Country version of Jimmy Buffet

Keith is the Country version of a scared ***** cat hissing loudly.

Garth Brooks strikes me as a guy who’d like to come out and full Democrat but won’t do it since his comeback in order to avoid being Dixie Chicked. I’d wager “We Shall be Free” is his political/social manifesto that he released at the height of his popularity, back when I was still in high school.
                    ...and he always says he got more negative feedback for that song than anything else he ever did. Country fans don't like the idea of sharing with the poor and lifting up the downtrodden - whodathunk?
                    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Fishman, gender is different from sex. Gender is socially defined; sex is physically defined. Gender does not necessarily follow from sex. We take our cues from sex in estimating gender, but the person themselves gets the final word.

We have now had close to twenty years of public discussion about this difference, and of these cases, so it is pardonable if the person making your grand assumptions and statements contra medical and psychological consensus runs the risk of being dismissed as a troll. On the chance you are not, I can state that as an Old, even finding the distinction easy to grasp, I still had difficulty putting myself into the mind and body of people whose gender has been misassigned.

But one thing I have no trouble understanding is they go through hell, and the cynical political manipulation of their pain for the electoral advantage of Republicans is yet one more reason the Right is held in the esteem it currently is.
                      41% attempted suicide rate.
                      Higher rates of unemployment and underemployment than cis people.
                      A considerable wage gap between straights and the LGBT community.
                      Substance abuse is prevalent within the community.
                      Being kicked out by family leads to sex work and being trafficked.
                      Higher rates of depression and anxiety than the general public.

I wager my own depression would decrease if politicians would leave us alone.
                      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                      Patreon for exclusive writing content
                      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                        41% attempted suicide rate.
                        I wish everyone was informed about this, and really understood it. Average people, as a rule, while almost impossibly stupid, are not monsters. People believe idiotic things because their parents (unwittingly) or politicians (wittingly) or pastors (both) misinform them. But almost nobody enjoys inflicting pain. Almost everyone has empathy.

When confronted with that number I have to believe even religious wingnuts will say, "This is more important than the ideas in my head. This is about real human beings, not theories. I may continue to think what I think, but I won't keep spewing it, because then I become responsible for that number."
                        Cornell University

Comment

• My experience with sharing that fact with virulently anti-trans people is that they usually say they need to get mental health care and no further thought. When I press, saying "well, how is that paid for" they usually throw their hands up and move on.
                          I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• I'm sure they would reverse the causal arrows and think "being trans is a sign you are mentally ill," and not recognize that their abusive treatment of trans people is what causes such a high degree of suffering that a person wants to die.

The smug self-satisfaction of people who have all the answers because they're in a magic book. People who not only will not challenge their assumptions but regard that as sacrilege. People who willingly stop being human and become automata.
                            Cornell University

Comment

• I don’t understand

https://twitter.com/mattxiv/status/1...ZBThG-ziSiqtXQ

Comment

They lack options. This includes social activities, ability to move away, as well as choice of spouse.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X