Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a shame you've decided that all knowledge is already known, and that we cannot learn further.
    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Come on.

I've been present at many births, and nobody said "It's a gender yet to be determined!"

So how many?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• This is where GLM needs to come in with his Obsession picture.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• I had dinner tonight with some dear friends that I haven’t seen in about 8 months. During that time their only child (in her 20s) came out as a transgender lesbian. Her childhood was quite difficult - she was on the autism spectrum , had behavioral issues, suffered bullying, the whole nine yards. As late as 10th grade, they had no expectation that she would go to college and thought there was a possibility she would never be able leave home at all. Well, she got a Cornell physics degree and was well on her way to a PhD at Maryland when she transitioned, and she is now a social butterfly and has a wonderful, close group of friends and is planning to switch to get her PhD in family and gender counseling.

The joy on my friends’ faces for the happiness that their child is finally experiencing was breathtaking. They could not be prouder of her for having the courage to transform herself into the person she was always meant to be. Truly, what more could a parent want for their child than that?

Life is too short for hate. Love all of the special people in your life!
          If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

So how many?
            I believe its been stated he is a nurse
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

I believe its been stated he is a nurse
              Well isn’t that a f-cking shame.

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post

Well isn’t that a f-cking shame.
                The number of Neanderthal nurses is insane. Has something to do with the Christian urge to serve people (while simultaneously ignoring all of the other words). Draws in a lot of real scumbags.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                  I had dinner tonight with some dear friends that I haven’t seen in about 8 months. During that time their only child (in her 20s) came out as a transgender lesbian. Her childhood was quite difficult - she was on the autism spectrum , had behavioral issues, suffered bullying, the whole nine yards. As late as 10th grade, they had no expectation that she would go to college and thought there was a possibility she would never be able leave home at all. Well, she got a Cornell physics degree and was well on her way to a PhD at Maryland when she transitioned, and she is now a social butterfly and has a wonderful, close group of friends and is planning to switch to get her PhD in family and gender counseling.

The joy on my friends’ faces for the happiness that their child is finally experiencing was breathtaking. They could not be prouder of her for having the courage to transform herself into the person she was always meant to be. Truly, what more could a parent want for their child than that?

Life is too short for hate. Love all of the special people in your life!
                  What a wonderful and uplifting and amazing story. I'm happy for your friends and hope she is able to live a fulfilled life.

But he's a guy in a dress play acting and grrrr grrrr grrrrr talking points and spewing hate and ...........

(kidding of course!)

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

The number of Neanderthal nurses is insane. Has something to do with the Christian urge to serve people (while simultaneously ignoring all of the other words). Draws in a lot of real scumbags.
                    cf. cops, firemen, clergy, dentists, and lower level teachers

Jobs with high blue collar crossover not requiring strong education, so the gnome-schoolers can qualify.

Nothing compares with mil/intel though. It's the omphalos of mouth breathers.

All aboard the B ark.

Last edited by Kepler; 01-15-2023, 09:24 AM.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• I work with a lot of nurses and am personal friends with several, and my mother and aunt were both nurses. I hold people that take that profession in very high regard and have endless respect for them in general. On balance, they tend to be caring, warm and wonderful people and society would be better if we were more like nurses.

But god damn there are a lot of stupid nurses. And unfortunately, their... uh... "status" as a nurse often lends them un-deserved credibility. Higher or lower percentage than the rest of the population? No idea. Don't care, not interested in getting into that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                        I work with a lot of nurses and am personal friends with several, and my mother and aunt were both nurses. I hold people that take that profession in very high regard and have endless respect for them in general. On balance, they tend to be caring, warm and wonderful people and society would be better if we were more like nurses.

But god damn there are a lot of stupid nurses. And unfortunately, they're... uh... "status" as a nurse often lends them un-deserved credibility. Higher or lower percentage than the rest of the population? No idea. Don't care, not interested in getting into that.
                        My wife's side of the family is full of nurses. I have a very healthy respect for the uhh amount of **** they go through.
                        Code:
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

My wife's side of the family is full of nurses. I have a very healthy respect for the uhh amount of **** they go through.
                          Totally. And depending on the investment the hospital makes into nurses aids (newsflash: never enough of an investment), it's literal **** they go through.

It always seemed silly to me that hospitals require relatively highly educated nurses provide some of the really basic and unskilled care. Sure, in emergencies it's all hands on deck. But what a poor investment it is to pay someone $40-70 per hour to give bed baths, take POC tests... yeah. Lots of low skilled tasks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

Totally. And depending on the investment the hospital makes into nurses aids (newsflash: never enough of an investment), it's literal **** they go through.

It always seemed silly to me that hospitals require relatively highly educated nurses provide some of the really basic and unskilled care. Sure, in emergencies it's all hands on deck. But what a poor investment it is to pay someone $40-70 per hour to give bed baths, take POC tests... yeah. Lots of low skilled tasks.
                            I am in violent agreement with you.

It's rare to hear me say anything remotely like this, but we have an over-education problem* throughout so many industries. (Maybe over-education is the wrong term, over credentialing? Whatever.)

We shouldn't need a barber to get a license. We shouldn't need bedside care workers to get nursing degrees. We shouldn't need doctors to diagnose strep throat. We shouldn't need engineers to stamp patio designs. All of these things could be done fine by far less expensive degrees.

*simultaneously, we have a far more severe under-education problem in k-12.
                            Code:

Comment

• Licensing isn’t usually about qualifications when it comes down o blue collar work, it’s about creating an economic barrier to help raise wages for a profession. Why do bartenders need licensing to pour drinks?
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Agreed, mostly, and also often to justify the purpose of a trade organization. In the case of bartenders its also to help identify and cut off drunks, spot scumbags drugging women, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X