Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know to word this, but the DHS has warned the LGBTQ community that we are a target of domestic terrorism, as are our safe places.

Cool. As if I don't have enough to deal with. But if it means wrecking my already broken left hand as a means to surviving, so be it.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

On one hand, I totally understand the sentiment. **** this murderer.

On the other, we should probably still respect the person's wishes should they be proven* genuine. We have no proof either way on whether this person does use they/them. Anecdotal reports are pointing to this person having been non-binary well before this incident. So I think we need to be careful how we treat these things. I also don't believe the public defender would put this forward if it were not based in truth.

We wouldn't misgender a cis male because he shot up a Walmart, right? It's not a good practice to get into. It lets our worst demons creep in and potentially gain a foothold. We shouldn't use gender as a weapon of hate.

*Edit: I'm not even sure we should take the opposition by default either. If there's a question, I would think the best way to handle this is to use the preferred pronouns until the balance of evidence suggests it's not genuine. If Donald Trump Jr claimed he (himself) was non-binary, I think it's safe to assume that's not genuine. Knowing almost nothing about this person, we shouldn't be so sure either way.
      If anatomy doesn't define gender, what does? And the same could be said regarding any genetically verifiable identification of heritage, re: race or ethnicity.

Pronouns don't mean ****. This entire thread remains absurd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

If anatomy doesn't define gender, what does?
        Based on what you say here, how many genders would you then say exist?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Fishman'81 is a well-established homophobe and troll. Put it on Ignore and forget it. Pronoun used advisedly.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Club Q shooter is right back to using he/him pronouns.

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2022/12/...ler-nonbinary/
            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
            Patreon for exclusive writing content
            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
              Club Q shooter is right back to using he/him pronouns.

Shocking. Again, **** that guy.
              Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

• Yep, **** him.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                  Club Q shooter is right back to using he/him pronouns.

The gaslighting is the point, obviously. Cons have been making jokes about this for years, now they're trying to trap lefties by claiming to be some minority and waiting to see how we react. Predictably, few people on the left are buying it as anything other than a ploy, so cons have jumped right on the tu quoque fallacy. They will now use this as justification to argue that LGBTQ is a political identity and a choice, rather than a characteristic people are born with and wired to be.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

The gaslighting is the point, obviously. Cons have been making jokes about this for years, now they're trying to trap lefties by claiming to be some minority and waiting to see how we react. Predictably, few people on the left are buying it as anything other than a ploy, so cons have jumped right on the tu quoque fallacy. They will now use this as justification to argue that LGBTQ is a political identity and a choice, rather than a characteristic people are born with and wired to be.
                    The only sensible tactic is not to engage. We know what they are. Like a child making faces at you at a restaurant, do not try to bargain or explain and do not appeal for help. Ignore them. They are children. Hope their parent will smack the sh-t outta them but assume they won't because stupidity is genetic.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      Fishman'81 is a well-established homophobe and troll. Put it on Ignore and forget it. Pronoun used advisedly.
                      You dumb ****. I was with a self-described lesbian for three years, who was actually among the first people to be legally wed in VT, c. 2003, and, yes, to a woman!

Anyway, God damn, who appointed you arbiter of all things gender-related? Do you even have a scintilla of personal experience with the community you pretend to champion?

Your ego is a cancer on this forum. You have no interest in a reasonable discussion, you're just here to pose as morally/intellectually superior (you're not), and apparently, to derive some misguided sense of self-worth via being behaving as an safely-anonymous bully.

Comment

You dumb ****. I was with a self-described lesbian for three years, who was actually among the first people to be legally wed in VT, c. 2003, and, yes, to a woman!

Anyway, God damn, who appointed you arbiter of all things gender-related? Do you even have a scintilla of personal experience with the community you pretend to champion?

Your ego is a cancer on this forum. You have no interest in a reasonable discussion, you're just here to pose as morally/intellectually superior (you're not), and apparently, to derive some misguided sense of self-worth via being behaving as an safely-anonymous bully.
                        Code:
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Some sort of a pop culture reference?

Only works if you consume it.

Comment

Some sort of a pop culture reference?

Only works if you consume it.
                            Code:

Comment

• Please do not quote the derp. Ignore and chill.
                              Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Please do not quote the derp. Ignore and chill.
                                Watch it. Last time I asked someone to not quote the derp, A poster who posts once in a blue moon came on to scream at me to stop telling other people how to post. They had nothing else to add, just wanted to yell at me.

Although I think Jim has them occupied in the soccer thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X