Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't I or someone else post that weeks ago?
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Didn't I or someone else post that weeks ago?
      Yes, perhaps in the abortion thread?

Either way it's remarkable. She came in with a few talking points and stuck to them like flies on ****. Stewart knew she would do that and played it perfectly. Call the BS what it is.
      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• These men vote. Hope the ladies do too

https://twitter.com/annesecure/statu...tEt7dzHT47N5Aw

Comment

• Oh noes!

A teenager in New Hampshire has become the first transgender contestant to win a local Miss America Organization beauty pageant.

Brian Nguyen, 19, won Sunday night's pageant to become "Miss Greater Derry 2023," which awards the winner a crown, title and scholarship.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            I'm guessing trans women now have an unfair advantage in beauty pageants. We really are that good.
            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
            Patreon for exclusive writing content
            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Anti-suffragette poster, 1918

Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Today is Trans Day of Remembrance, pausing to honor those who lost their lives to anti-trans violence.

It's basically our Memorial Day.

And after the shooting in Colorado last night, there's a heavy sadness in the air today.
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                  Today is Trans Day of Remembrance, pausing to honor those who lost their lives to anti-trans violence.

It's basically our Memorial Day.

And after the shooting in Colorado last night, there's a heavy sadness in the air today.
                  I'm holding my rage for when we find out the story but...

we know the story. We know the story all too well.

:-(

Comment

• My rage is forged in death.

Comment

• The Colorado shooter is claiming to be non-binary in an effort to avoid hate crimes against him. I'm not for the death penalty, but people like that really test my belief. **** that guy and the entire society that supports him.

https://apnews.com/article/entertain...gn=position_02
                      Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco View Post
                        The Colorado shooter is claiming to be non-binary in an effort to avoid hate crimes against him. I'm not for the death penalty, but people like that really test my belief. **** that guy and the entire society that supports him.

On one hand, I totally understand the sentiment. **** this murderer.

On the other, we should probably still respect the person's wishes should they be proven* genuine. We have no proof either way on whether this person does use they/them. Anecdotal reports are pointing to this person having been non-binary well before this incident. So I think we need to be careful how we treat these things. I also don't believe the public defender would put this forward if it were not based in truth.

We wouldn't misgender a cis male because he shot up a Walmart, right? It's not a good practice to get into. It lets our worst demons creep in and potentially gain a foothold. We shouldn't use gender as a weapon of hate.

*Edit: I'm not even sure we should take the opposition by default either. If there's a question, I would think the best way to handle this is to use the preferred pronouns until the balance of evidence suggests it's not genuine. If Donald Trump Jr claimed he (himself) was non-binary, I think it's safe to assume that's not genuine. Knowing almost nothing about this person, we shouldn't be so sure either way.
                        Last edited by dxmnkd316; 11-23-2022, 08:30 AM.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco View Post
                          The Colorado shooter is claiming to be non-binary in an effort to avoid hate crimes against him. I'm not for the death penalty, but people like that really test my belief. **** that guy and the entire society that supports him.

Surely the right wing nonsensesphere won't seize upon this and take it without a stitch of credulity.

Comment

• I really hate how the media narrative is now how one lone straight dude saved the day.

Comment

• And Amy Schneider won the Jeopardy Tournament of Champions.

Comment

• I misread that as Amy Schumer and was very happy for a moment.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X