Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Reagan would be proud.
    Funny thing is Reagan personally didn't appear to care and of course in her day Nancy was a splooge sponge.

It was all vamping for the derps.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• And how dare schools accommodate trans boys and non-binary people with a uterus!

And DGF, when Whitmer repealed the tax on menstrual products in Michigan, a lot of women like that lady lost their ****.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Funny thing is Reagan personally didn't appear to care and of course in her day Nancy was a splooge sponge.

It was all vamping for the derps.
        Throat goat. C'mon.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Throat goat. C'mon.
          I'm not sure how many swords Saint Ronnie swallowed but I'll take your word for it.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• It's appreciated, Kendrick. It's a song about accepting his trans relatives.

https://youtu.be/-vrhf1P9zwc
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• Last week, a woman who trained me for physical management ****ed up and called me "he" 5 times. I corrected her and she did better the rest of the day. I'm like "fine, I did my job."

Last night, worked with this lady on the floor. About 8 PM, she dropped the "sir" bomb, then quickly said "ma'am," then tried to make herself a martyr.

I'm over this ****. Everywhere I work, it's the same thing. I didn't give myself 36DD boobs to be called "sir." I don't work hard on my body to be called "he."

If a person can't get a simple pronoun right, then they no longer deserve patience and grace. I was raised that if I want respect, I need to show it. Same thing applies here.
              Last edited by MissThundercat; 05-14-2022, 09:25 AM.

Comment

• That's ****ed MT

i'm sorry
                Code:
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• So the LGBTQ dance in town went off successfully… unclear if any “protesters” tried to show up, but there were swarms of town folks who stood out at the start in a “welcome wall” to show support and to welcome the attendees. Evidently it was attended well by straight and LGBTQ students alike.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                    So the LGBTQ dance in town went off successfully… unclear if any “protesters” tried to show up, but there were swarms of town folks who stood out at the start in a “welcome wall” to show support and to welcome the attendees. Evidently it was attended well by straight and LGBTQ students alike.
                    The Right are cowards. All that is needed is to stand up to them. They will always fold. Their entire psychology is conditioned by their cowardice and incapacity to amount to anything, that's why they hate everyone else.

End the Right. Save the world.

Last edited by Kepler; 05-14-2022, 06:32 PM.
                    Cornell University

Comment

That's ****ed MT

i'm sorry
                      I've heard from others my employer is transphobic. However, I've been approached by recruiters by other health systems in the area.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

I've heard from others my employer is transphobic. However, I've been approached by recruiters by other health systems in the area.
                        Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're a mental health... something or other?

If you'd be willing to relocate to the Boston-ish area, my goodness we have a demand for you. The employment world is your oyster.
                        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're a mental health... something or other?

If you'd be willing to relocate to the Boston-ish area, my goodness we have a demand for you. The employment world is your oyster.
                          Same for every major city. It's the most portable skill I can think of. She could work literally anywhere.
                          Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Same for every major city. It's the most portable skill I can think of. She could work literally anywhere.
                            My wife works in the field. It's not as flush with wonderful positions as you would think. You need to be licensed (and licensed in the state you want to work) or expect garbage pay with limited options or interest from employers, you need to be willing to be flexible in hours, locations, and even your role within the job. And being licensed comes at least two years after you get your degree. It requires you to work 4,000 hours under supervision (which you sometimes have to pay for). And again, you need to find a job in your specific field and training. This is an oversimplification, but a group therapist can't run certain programs like music therapy or art therapy, those are often different specialties with different training and/or licensing requirements. Even more difficult is that often times you want to focus on a certain age range too. You can have some flexibility there, but you have to be willing to work outside of your comfort zone and training. Protection of the therapists, as in physical safety, is often highly variable.

The field is underappreciated, vastly underpaid, and has somewhat onerous licensing requirements.
                            Code:

Comment

My wife works in the field. It's not as flush with wonderful positions as you would think. You need to be licensed (and licensed in the state you want to work) or expect garbage pay with limited options or interest from employers, you need to be willing to be flexible in hours, locations, and even your role within the job. And being licensed comes at least two years after you get your degree. It requires you to work 4,000 hours under supervision (which you sometimes have to pay for). And again, you need to find a job in your specific field and training. This is an oversimplification, but a group therapist can't run certain programs like music therapy or art therapy, those are often different specialties with different training and/or licensing requirements. Even more difficult is that often times you want to focus on a certain age range too. You can have some flexibility there, but you have to be willing to work outside of your comfort zone and training. Protection of the therapists, as in physical safety, is often highly variable.

The field is underappreciated, vastly underpaid, and has somewhat onerous licensing requirements.
                              And the ones who don't burn out within 7 years are heavy substance (ab)users.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

And the ones who don't burn out within 7 years are heavy substance (ab)users.
                                I don't know if I agree with that assessment. I know plenty of MH advocates, counselors, therapists, and psychologists. Obviously survivor's bias but none of them are abusers. The vast vast majority are "a glass of wine" people.

but you are right, there is a relatively high burnout rate.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X