Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To observe your observation a little, this forum is mostly white middle class dudes talking to other white middle class dudes, isn't it? So any topic would have the same makeup.

I agree with your overall point though, that perhaps I (speaking only for me here) am not the best person to be making decisions regarding what trans folks should or should not be "allowed" to do, outside obviously criminal behavior.
    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
      To observe your observation a little, this forum is mostly white middle class dudes talking to other white middle class dudes, isn't it? So any topic would have the same makeup.

I agree with your overall point though, that perhaps I (speaking only for me here) am not the best person to be making decisions regarding what trans folks should or should not be "allowed" to do, outside obviously criminal behavior.
      Before my boob job, several cis women whined at me about how their back hurt and I was going to regret it and I shouldn't. Eventually, I started telling them to shut the hell up and take an ibuprofen if their back hurt.
      Last edited by MissThundercat; 01-25-2022, 04:43 PM.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Amy: passed Amodio, now only Jennings to catch up to.
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
          Amy: passed Amodio, now only Jennings to catch up to.
          W00t.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• I'm going to leave this here.

https://mobile.twitter.com/stacycay/...72731189305350

Comment

• Amy lost tonight; didn't get the final Jeopardy question.

But my community is really proud of her and I am grateful for her positive representation of us

Comment

• MT can I ask perhaps a delicate question and if it's tone deaf tell me to **** and I gladly will. : ^ )

I know for many years you were quite the active runner. Since you started your transition did you keep up with that? if you did continue running and/or resume running at some point did the physical changes you went through have a noticeable impact? I'm not asking this from that lame conversation about "competing against women" I'm just curious overall if it was difficult for you to get back into it, and did you find yourself having to adjust your routines.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  MT can I ask perhaps a delicate question and if it's tone deaf tell me to **** and I gladly will. : ^ )

I know for many years you were quite the active runner. Since you started your transition did you keep up with that? if you did continue running and/or resume running at some point did the physical changes you went through have a noticeable impact? I'm not asking this from that lame conversation about "competing against women" I'm just curious overall if it was difficult for you to get back into it, and did you find yourself having to adjust your routines.
                  I slowed way down. My half/25K times were 15 minutes slower on average. Also, because I overdid it, I lost the cartilage at the talonavicular joint on my right foot, leaving me in immense pain, and I was forced into retirement after a joint fusion that never fused.

Comment

I slowed way down. My half/25K times were 15 minutes slower on average. Also, because I overdid it, I lost the cartilage at the talonavicular joint on my right foot, leaving me in immense pain, and I was forced into retirement after a joint fusion that never fused.
                    Wow - thanks for the reply and sorry you had to go through that. Especially since running was something you enjoyed.

Comment

Amy lost tonight; didn't get the final Jeopardy question.

But my community is really proud of her and I am grateful for her positive representation of us
                      An impressive run. Everyone will be looking to the matchup between her and Matt Amodio during TOC if it can come to pass.

Also, the guy who beat her looks like a character from the board game Guess Who.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                        Also, the guy who beat her looks like a character from the board game Guess Who.
                        Is that like Mystery Date?
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Privilege lost feels like oppression.
                          Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

Wow - thanks for the reply and sorry you had to go through that. Especially since running was something you enjoyed.
                            I've been on this board for 17 years. In that time, I've survived:

Extreme swings in weight, never really achieving maintenance until last year.

After a surgical wound popped open May 2010 in a Chicago hotel room, I didn't know I bled all night until I woke up with the sheets soaked in blood. I was taken to a local ER.

Two car accidents, one of which gave me a concussion and the other one gave me a sharp stabbing pain in my left him. Had the (grrrr) who hit me in that one going 55 on a suspended license hit me square in the door, I'd have been killed. Instead he hit me in the driver's side fender, causing me to spin. I shook glass out of my dress after that.

3 rounds of sciatica.

Being taken from a race course while running due to dehydration. Twice.

All tied together with a depressed, bipolar, anxious, ADHD, addictive, trauma brain constantly screaming "F YOU I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME, MOTHER F'ER!"

Given that reason says I should have died a few years ago at best, I'm taking this time as bonus time and I've been playing with house money.
                            Last edited by MissThundercat; 01-27-2022, 09:26 PM.

Comment

I've been on this board for 17 years. In that time, I've survived:

Extreme swings in weight, never really achieving maintenance until last year.

After a surgical wound popped open May 2010 in a Chicago hotel room, I didn't know I bled all night until I woke up with the sheets soaked in blood. I was taken to a local ER.

Two car accidents, one of which gave me a concussion and the other one gave me a sharp stabbing pain in my left him. Had the (grrrr) who hit me in that one going 55 on a suspended license hit me square in the door, I'd have been killed. Instead he hit me in the driver's side fender, causing me to spin. I shook glass out of my dress after that.

3 rounds of sciatica.

Being taken from a race course while running due to dehydration. Twice.

All tied together with a depressed, bipolar, anxious, ADHD, addictive, trauma brain constantly screaming "F YOU I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME, MOTHER F'ER!"

Given that reason says I should have died a few years ago at best, I'm taking this time as bonus time and I've been playing with house money.
                              Also you're a Lions fan, which doesn't help!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

Also you're a Lions fan, which doesn't help!
                                Worse.

Pistons, Tigers, and Wings fan too. 2001-10: great. 2011-now: not great.

Comment

Working...
                                X