This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

I'd like to note that this question remains unanswered.

This is the same as the game reviewers who go on and on about how Far Cry 6 is bad because it's so woke and how ridiculous it is to have so many female characters and even, *gasp* a trans man NPC! I mean, what total nonsense! That's absolutely why Ubisoft turned it into such a ****ty game, right? It wasn't because they simply copied and pasted New Dawn (which also was boring and crappy) and did virtually no QA testing. No, it's bad because they're actually putting women and trans folks in the story.

Who cares if there's a trans woman on Jeopardy? Well, trans people seem to and that's awesome for them. And you seem to as well, for some reason. I didn't actually even know until I read this thread (sorry, I'm not a jeopardy fan and I've been buried in work and have barely kept up with the non-Covid news). But Fishman sure knew. And cares enough to tell you how much he doesn't care.
    Amy is positive representation for us. We've been typically portrayed as pervs, serial killers, pedos, and worse for a while, so anything falling outside the negative forces people like Fishy to do the "I care enough to tell you I don't care" bit.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

Amy is positive representation for us. We've been typically portrayed as pervs, serial killers, pedos, and worse for a while, so anything falling outside the negative forces people like Fishy to do the "I care enough to tell you I don't care" bit.
      Now that I read a little about it, I think it's awesome that she's kicking so much ***. Awesome for you, obviously, but for also all of us. Positivity makes everything better.
      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Wat
        I'm just annoyed with the game being so crappy, and then I watched the first 5 minutes of a 20 minute critique of it on youtube. The guy spent all of 5 minutes complaining about the bugs, the total lack of originality, the stupid weapon/ammo thing, the "I'm a looter/shooter but also an open world RPG" mush... and then went on a 15 minute rant about how the real problem was this "woke crap in gaming".

I'm sorry bud, but what? That's the problem? Yikes.
        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Of course gamer nerds hate it, they're conditioned to like two female characters tropes - either buxom and DTF from the get go, or a Mary Sue who gives up the shield and settles down in the end. Both white as the driven snow, of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            Of course gamer nerds hate it, they're conditioned to like two female characters tropes - either buxom and DTF from the get go, or a Mary Sue who gives up the shield and settles down in the end. Both white as the driven snow, of course.
            And they love a woman who plays games.

Except for the ones that actually do because they’re fake whores who are only trying to steal their money and don’t actually like games.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              gives up the shield
              Ahem.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                And they love a woman who plays games.

Except for the ones that actually do because they’re fake whores who are only trying to steal their money and don’t actually like games.
                Love the ones who just know how to play the gamers and are really good at it. Like the lady who was selling her farts in jars but now is moving to NFT version of them. Talk about vision.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

MJ Rodriguez is the first out trans woman to win a Golden Globe. She won for her role on Pose.
                  And well deserved. I loved her in that show.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                    OK, so then what was your ****ing point asking why MT mentioned Amy's winnings? Huh? Yes, MT was mentioning her because she is a transgender contestant and has done incredibly well and I'm going to go out on a ****ing limb and assume MT was very proud and happy about that. Do you have some ****ing problem with MT being happy about that? Did you not know Amy was transgender? Have you been under a ****ing rock or do you lack the ability to do a basic Google search? Please elaborate. I want to know at what exact level you are a ****ing moron.
                    *******, of course everyone possessing Brain Cell One knows that Amy has a *****.

And if it's a point of pride that a great Jeopardy player has this or that in his/hers pants, **** me running.

What's to be proud of, you dope?

You are what you are. It's like me beating my chest with pride because Einstein was "cis".

**** off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

*******, of course everyone possessing Brain Cell One knows that Amy has a *****
                      Yes, yes, we get it, you're such a badass edgelord. Believe me, all of the functioning adults are reaaaaally impressed.

And if it's a point of pride that a great Jeopardy player has this or that in his/hers pants, **** me running.

What's to be proud of, you dope?

You are what you are. It's like me beating my chest with pride because Einstein was "cis".
                      People sometimes enjoy people who they have something in common with accomplishing things. For example, if you go into the NFL or NHL threads, you just might see people enjoying that players from their college are now experiencing success in the pros.

**** off.
                      Says the guy who came into a thread where he knew a transgender person might be commenting on transgender issues and people, like she has been for multiple years, just to yell at them. And now is playing the victim because people called out him being an *******.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

Yes, yes, we get it, you're such a badass edgelord. Believe me, all of the functioning adults are reaaaaally impressed.

People sometimes enjoy people who they have something in common with accomplishing things. For example, if you go into the NFL or NHL threads, you just might see people enjoying that players from their college are now experiencing success in the pros.

Says the guy who came into a thread where he knew a transgender person might be commenting on transgender issues and people, like she has been for multiple years, just to yell at them. And now is playing the victim because people called out him being an *******.
                        The AUDACITY of me, a very out, very proud trans woman, commenting on trans people and issues I care about!

I'm out destroying society right now by daring to work the overnight shift at my job. Later, there will be brunch. Frenchy, want to come?
                        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                        Patreon for exclusive writing content
                        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• The fact that this guy comes on a Gender Studies thread to demonstrate how threatened he is tells you all you need to know.

For the love of god, just block him. He's a toddler screaming for attention in his high chair.
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I'm out destroying society right now
                            Promises, promises.
                            Cornell University

Comment

• There are some serious unresolved issues in Fishy
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                There are some serious unresolved issues in Fishy
                                Well, yeah, and I'm not alone in that regard on here.

I checked-in on this thread some time ago to get some honest takes on the very obvious issue of "gender by declaration".

The same line of inquiry would apply to declared racial-identity (is that valid to you people, too?), as well as practical issues such as biological males taking over womans' sports, etc. (Note the HS X-country girls in CT who are suing the State on this basis, and let us not forget the past head of the NAACP who "identified" as Black, but was ousted because she didn't qualify as African in any genetic sense.)

The possibilities are endless. Some Trumpie a while ago on National media claimed he ought be allowed in venues that require a Covid vaccination, simply because he "identified" as vaccinated, which is really no more ridiculous a legal concept than choosing one's gender, race, nationality, eye-color -whatever- absent any actual evidence.

Nobody wants to talk turkey on this one for fear of being lambasted as a bigot, but if there was ever an example of The Emperor's New Clothes right in your grill, this is it. I am all for everyone being who "they" want to be. I absolutely am. But to deny the obvious is just silly.

(PS: If anyone can make a case for how this sort of thing benefits biological women, I'd love to hear it.)
                                Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-12-2022, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X