This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
    I know! But since it’s not as important as ensuring the very survival of our democracy, we have no time for you - back of the line! It’s just such a crying shame that we can only work on a single issue at a time....

Oh, if only our brave legislators had the capacity to do absolutely nothing about banning people from bathrooms while saving democracy.
    On that note, I should apologize for deciding what is and isn't discrimination against myself and my community! I forget that decision isn't up to me. It's up to old white men and their feelings! Who cares if those policies exacerbate mental health issues and drive up the attempted suicide rate in my community!
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Why do we care what some people think?

do republicans care that I find their new abortion laws unthinkable? Their new gun laws? Their new voting restriction laws?

i am so ****ing sick of pandering to the right. We must consider their feewings, but they can implement whatever draconian hell they want with no consideration or input.

Comment

• I looked up. The world is shifting in my favor. And right now, I'm thinking of a whole lot of people, all cis women, who will happily share a bathroom with me. Several of them have told me my outfit for the day is cute. Even at my current job, my team leads (all cis women) have said I have their full support, and Meijer is okay with me using the women's room. And in the end, that's all that matters.
        Last edited by MissThundercat; 05-31-2021, 03:45 PM.
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• It's Pride month.

Any time I participate in society this month, it comes with an increased audacity boost.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
            I looked up. The world is shifting in my favor. And right now, I'm thinking of a whole lot of people, all cis women, who will happily share a bathroom with me. Several of them have told me my outfit for the day is cute. Even at my current job, my team leads (all cis women) have said I have their full support, and Meijer is okay with me using the women's room. And in the end, that's all that matters.
            To the haters:

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

To the haters:

On June 1, it being the start of Pride Month, let me say...

"Trans people are so strong and resilient!"

At first, I was upset by routinely being called strong, but then...

Strength for me is not about brutality and lacking compassion. Nor is it about steamrolling people to get what I want.

Nah.

It's about holding onto love and testifying to it after I've dealt with ugly things. It's about holding onto and freely sharing warmth, compassion, kindness, and empathy in a world that often lacks those qualities.

The last few months for me though have me learning how to show the same kindness and compassion to myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

If he keeps swinging, maybe he'll give us a cold.
                This a fundamentally a sports site, so throwing out a hypothetical in that vein should be acceptable.

Let's say that LeBron identified as a woman, and joined the WNBA after he left HS... He/she scores 100 points and rips down 35 boards every night, of course, and has 18 consecutive rings.

Explain why that would make any sense, unless we ignore anatomical gender all-together.

I don't give a fiddler's **** how people choose to lead their lives, but very clearly we have some parameters to be drawn regarding a whole bunch of things that involve us all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

This a fundamentally a sports site, so throwing out a hypothetical in that vein should be acceptable.

Let's say that LeBron identified as a woman, and joined the WNBA after he left HS...
                  Let's say that Santa Claus was real. What kind of cookies would you leave for him?

Comment

• Last edited by Kepler; 06-04-2021, 09:44 AM.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• I know, I know, my very existence will lead dogs and cats living together, human sacrifice, mass hysteria...

Comment

• I do realize that I'm everyone's pet AH here, and I'm fine with that, but how do we deal with the sports-thing, if one can choose one's own gender? How is that going to work out?

Absolutely open to any explanation whatsoever, and I'll sit back and listen.

Most especially to the self-appointed authority resident-genius of all things genderish, "Kepler"...

Bring on the "genius", already.
                        Last edited by Fishman'81; 06-05-2021, 10:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

Let's say that Santa Claus was real. What kind of cookies would you leave for him?
                          Well, none.

That's my point.

He doesn't exist, anymore than this non-argument exists in the universe of logic.

Comment

• I'm confused....
                            Does Fish have a problem with hetero cis men creeping in the women's room?
                            Or with the political fallout of asking for too much?
                            Or with men pretending to be trans to gain a competitive edge in athletics?

Hmm...maybe raising all these different objections is just a way to say how he feels about something generally while trying his darndest not to admit it.

Comment

• "What if" and "might happen" aren't evidence. Anxiety talking to you isn't evidence. Fear isn't evidence. Screaming the same baseless accusations several times, aren't evidence. Hypothetical situations so poorly written that even Stefenie Meyer cringes aren't evidence. I really thought they would teach that in high school.

And I love the whole "choose your gender" argument. Yes, because dealing with family maltreatment (like being disowned and kicked out of the house), societal discrimination, and boob and ball sweat at the same time is SO MUCH FUN.

Comment

• I'm so bored with this.

https://youtu.be/j-emlb2_jdI

Comment

Working...
                                X