Gender Studies I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Not at all. I don't hate anyone, and I'm all about people living as they choose, within very broad limits. But there are natural facts to consider, too, which has been my point all along.
    So it’s not that you’re *choosing* to be a dick, nature is *forcing* you to be a dick?

That’s pathetic. If you want to be a dick, at least own it.
    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
      You questioned whether trans women were women. The only intent of that particular post was to hold up a mirror to show you how ridiculous you sound asking that question.

Judging by your emotional, ad hom reaction, I’m pretty certain that I hit the mark exactly.

Still, I do pride myself on being open to criticism and suggestions, so I shall redouble my efforts to be a louder bully in the future.
      So, if I choose to identify as whatever suits me on a given day, that amounts to a scintilla of sense to you?

Explain.

Comment

So, if I choose to identify as whatever suits me on a given day, that amounts to a scintilla of sense to you?

Explain.
        No, that question does not make any sense. Try again.

Comment

So, if I choose to identify as whatever suits me on a given day.
          As previously stated, that's not how it works, that doesn't happen, and it's not real. But even if it was, faking being a transwomen to get into the locker room would be treated the exact same as faking being a biological woman to get into the same locker room.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Fish is doing the equivalent of lawyering the Nuremburg Race Edicts. Deny him the oxygen, he's malevolent.
            Have someone read you "The Emperor's New Clothes"...

If anyone (say, MThunder) is committed to employing the surgical options, that's an entirely legitimate approach. I'm all for people having that option, and I certainly respect it.

But gender isn't chosen on a whim. Nor is race, Nationality, nor eye-color. Genetics are factual.

I despise the tRumpie mind-set, but I do grasp why they call us "lib-tards" regarding this issue.

It's utterly silly to contend that we can just opt for any of the above.

Comment

Have someone read you "The Emperor's New Clothes"...

If anyone (say, MThunder) is committed to employing the surgical options, that's an entirely legitimate approach. I'm all for people having that option, and I certainly respect it.

But gender isn't chosen on a whim. Nor is race, Nationality, nor eye-color. Genetics are factual.

I despise the tRumpie mind-set, but I do grasp why they call us "lib-tards" regarding this issue.

It's utterly silly to contend that we can just opt for any of the above.
              Wait, you think MT chose to be a woman? And on a whim no less?

(MT, I don’t mean to speak for you, so forgive me if I’m overstepping)

My impression of MT is that this wasn’t a choice. And even if it was, this has been an extremely long, exhausting, arduous, rollercoaster of a journey. If you describe anything she’s gone through as a whim, you need a ****ing dictionary. I don’t get the impression she ‘opted’ for anything. That’s malicious demeaning nonsense.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Wait, you think MT chose to be a woman? And on a whim no less?

(MT, I don’t mean to speak for you, so forgive me if I’m overstepping)

My impression of MT is that this wasn’t a choice. And even if it was, this has been an extremely long, exhausting, arduous, rollercoaster of a journey. If you describe anything she’s gone through as a whim, you need a ****ing dictionary. I don’t get the impression she ‘opted’ for anything. That’s malicious demeaning nonsense.
                Thank you.

I wrote this for one of my MSW classes, discussing a high attempted suicide rate in my community.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1taj...w?usp=drivesdk
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• As replied earlier, no one "chooses" to be a gender "on a whim".
                  If that were the case, I would have chosen to be a boy in 1995 gym class so that I could take wrestling instead of dancing.

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                  ****, I work at Meijer, a major chain in the Midwest, and no one has said anything to me in 4 months.
                  I work at a factory in the Midwest and the only thing I said to a transgender woman in the restroom here was to ask if she knew how to open the soap dispenser. I would have said the same thing to anyone in the restroom at the time as I was trying to replace the soap and couldn't figure it out ( I are engineer! )
                  Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                  wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                  7 B1G
                  7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                  6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                  5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                  5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                  2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                  2 Alaskan

Comment

• "And what that "Bob" dude did for me was protected me for 35+ years. He ran marathons to get me out of harm's way. He got a job at Sam's Club because he knew a supervisor there would understand and be supportive when Amber Marie could take over. He brought me to Holland because help would be here, including people who were just like me. He took us out of church in Muskegon because that place did not treat trans people kindly. He warmed up to Alicia and Donna at Tyson because they understood. He befriended the HR manager at Tyson to ensure I would be protected for the most part. He kept going back to Grand Rapids for solace because 5 particular women saw something was up and Bob was never happy. And those 5 women, not knowing what else to do or ever having been introduced to this before, stayed with Bob until he could get the help I needed.

And Bob, as I was learning to stand up, walk around, stretch my legs, and get ready to face the world, stayed with me until the team at Out On the Lakeshore and Gender SAFE could take me in and give me the help I needed. He was elated when the teams at Grace Episcopal and PFLAG joined the ranks of support for me. And in the time between November 2017 and March 2018, Bob stayed nearby in case I needed anything else. But on March 13, 2018, Bob knew it was just about time for him and I to completely part ways. He was in the room at Out On the Lakeshore the day I was approved for hormones, as I excitedly shared the news with the entire OOTL Community Center Team. And he smiled. He knew the next day, he would fade to gray and disappear completely. On March 14, 2018, he and I walked to the CVS counter at Target, we grabbed my hormones, and we left for home. We walked up the stairs to my apartment, and knowing he would be gone in a few minutes, said "let's do this." He observed as I took my first dose of Spiro and applied the patch of Estradiol. As I sat in a dining chair, feeling a sense of relief that the journey was over, Bob completely faded out, knowing his work here and his time here were done, proud of me and knowing I'd be working wonders soon!"- written by me, 7/20/2020

Most every poster has seen the change and marked improvement in my life since I started hormonal transition (I take estradiol valerate injection). I received an added bump when I had my breast augmentation. My Instagram shows all this. On the Internet, there is a picture of Trumpet and I at the 2010 Regionals in Grand Rapids. I've come a long way since then.

But at this point, there's no convincing someone who's mind is made up. Let the bigot post 90 minute videos to his Facebook page of him sitting in his truck complaining how the world is changing and he doesn't like it. The rest of us are going for pancakes and coffee.

And uh... surgery? I already dropped $6175 for my breasts. University of Michigan wants about $60,000 for confirmation, and I'll need several bills paid while I'm recovering from surgery and not working. Venmo and PayPal available upon request.
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• I'll take, "Things my gender privilege has insulated me from having to think about" for $60,000, Alex.

I'd almost forgotten your former protector's name - I really had to think for a few seconds to come up with your old board handle. You're just fully Amber/MissT to me.

Comment

• Day 1 HRT: https://www.instagram.com/p/BgUQpDjBXsw/

Almost 3 years later: https://www.instagram.com/p/CLccebKn30K/

And Lynah's right, it's been one hell of a journey. But I wouldn't take it back or change a thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                          I'll take, "Things my gender privilege has insulated me from having to think about" for $60,000, Alex.

I'd almost forgotten your former protector's name - I really had to think for a few seconds to come up with your old board handle. You're just fully Amber/MissT to me.
                          Oh, and before I pay the $60,000? I have to get letters from two therapists, one with a PhD, saying I have gender dysphoria. Those letters must be approved by the hospital performing the surgery.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

Oh, and before I pay the $60,000? I have to get letters from two therapists, one with a PhD, saying I have gender dysphoria. Those letters must be approved by the hospital performing the surgery.
                            Is that insurance or because you live in JesusDerpistan?
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Is that insurance or because you live in JesusDerpistan?
                              WPATH Standards of Care 7. These standards were in place to prevent so-called "transition regret," but few people actually regret transition regret. More people reverse their transition due to societal pressure/family maltreatment than anything else.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                                These standards were in place to prevent so-called "transition regret," but few people actually regret transition regret.
                                which could mean the standards work to prevent transition regret, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X