This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Funny enough, I find the people most concerned about pervs tend to be the ones who engaged in pervy behavior themselves as teenage boys. Now they think, "Dang, if only the law had allowed me to declare myself female and use the ladies' room, it would've been so easy!"
    Evangelicals worried about sexual predation; conservatives worried about free riders. They view the world as if it was populated by people as twisted and lame as they. It's all projection.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• A co-worker of mine keeps using "he/him" around me and I just walked away. No sense in subjecting myself to that...
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        Concern trolls are concerned, per the usual.
        Knowing I shouldn't let them under my skin, but I have to treat all threats as equal.
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
          A co-worker of mine keeps using "he/him" around me and I just walked away. No sense in subjecting myself to that...
          Names. Dates. What was said. Witnesses.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Tomorrow (I'm off today), I'm going to leadership with evidence and a witness.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
              Tomorrow (I'm off today), I'm going to leadership with evidence and a witness.
              Glad to hear. Sending you a virtual high five and support over the interwebs.

Comment

• How does the whole pronouns thing work out in the real world?

For example say someone’s pronouns are she/her and her name is Kelly.

I can’t think of many instances if any where I have called someone by their pronouns when they are present around me. Whether directly speaking to them or speaking to someone else about them.

Direct example. “Hi Kelly, how was your weekend?”

Kelly is present but talking to Jim. “Hey Jim, Kelly and I are grabbing lunch do you want to come?”

Comment

• ???

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeb2020 View Post
                    H

Kelly is present but talking to Jim. “Hey Jim, Kelly and I are grabbing lunch do you want to come?”
                    Hey Jim, Kelly said he would go to lunch with us. Do you want to come?

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

Hey Jim, Kelly said he would go to lunch with us. Do you want to come?
                      This is where you went wrong, you thought the troll was being sincere with his question.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Looks, sees the troll is JAQ-ing off, and moves on.

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

This is where you went wrong, you thought the troll was being sincere with his question.
                          Oh I knew he was trolling. Just demonstrating how easy it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

Glad to hear. Sending you a virtual high five and support over the interwebs.
                            Brought it up to my team lead, and she will handle it next time co-worker comes in.

Comment

• Also, I have a Metal Girl Alliance at work. This group of ladies kept going to this coworker and saying "hey, knock that **** off." Went to a team lead who is very supportive today and she said I don't deserve that, so this problematic coworker will be dealt with the next time she's in.
                              Last edited by MissThundercat; 02-10-2021, 07:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

Speak for yourself. I have no problem behaving properly.

And if men have been perverts for time immemorial without allowing others to use the bathroom of their choice, why is it an issue to let them use the bathroom of their choice? Based on your own logic, perverts will be perverts either way.
                                I was somewhat opaque there, yes.

But if you truly believe that men of almost any age could be relied-upon to behave responsibly -given free rein- you're just not paying attention.

Men will follow their dicks into Hell, nevermind a free pass into the women's YMCA shower. To say otherwise as an experienced adult is utterly ridiculous.
                                Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-14-2021, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X