No announcement yet.

Gender Studies I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rand is obviously a sub. Everything about him screams it.

Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Then you might want to have someone look up "homophobic" for you... What I said had absolutely nothing to do with that.

(I have been accused of "misandry" for calling out rude louts on the beach, yes... Maybe you could have someone look that up for you, too.)
      You don’t like “homophobic?” Fine. How about “gender bigoted” instead?
      If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• My workplace has been flailing into the culture wars with a new enthusiasm. This seems to have started with a Trump/Proud Boys Lite/Olde Confederacy/rolling coal rally that was staged from Tech in the fall. An extensive investigation catalogued testimony of bigoted behavior and denials of said behavior. The (completely powerless) university senate issued a statement condemning white supremacism. A professor rebutted with a made-for-Reddit “open letter” whining about the discrimination plaguing white men. Then the tension broke with the 2/3/21 senate meeting open discussion, recorded here. It’s like an endless waterfall of everyone’s grievances, both depressing and enlightening. https://huskycast.hosted.panopto.com...9-acc500f44779
        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Fishman - take a moment and think of it from this perspective: in the 60s, many people argued that blacks should not be allowed to live in redlined neighborhoods, because if there were black residents and you saw a black person, it would be hard to know if he/she was a resident or a criminal (cause, you know, most black people are criminals, right?) who came to burgle the houses. Therefore, in the name of protecting the safety of the current residents (white people), it was justifiable to keep out black residents, just to be sure.

This is the *exact* same argument that you are making. “If we allow people who look different to be in the bathroom (i.e. neighborhood), then criminals who look like them could try to blend in.”

Crap argument then, and (literal) crap argument now.
          If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Hell, I stick up for you too.

Everyone should live as they please, aside from those who pervert their liberties into exploitation.

Pretty sure that you're not one of those people.
            So if you believe this, and believe that the overwhelming majority of trans people are not the type to "pervert their liberties into exploitation", what is your plan to allow people such as Amber to use their proper locker room?

Comment

Are you OK with physical males declaring themselves "females" when it suits their agenda, as in waltzing into a girls' shower at the Y when all one needs to say is that one identifies as a female?
              That doesn't happen, that's not how the law works, and even if by some chance it did, leering, lewd conduct, and indecent exposure are still crimes whether they identify as a man or a woman.

Comment

• There are men who prey on boys, so all public men's rooms should be segregated by age.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• August 19, 2020, I endured a 7.5 hour Holland City Council meeting where I heard a lot of the same tired arguments Fish is making, and that night, I heard several coded and veiled threats against my community. The people who say trans people are rapists and ruining sports to elected officials will then turn around and tell me they're not transphobes.

And let's face it, if you say "I'm not transphobic, but," you've already lost.
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

That doesn't happen, that's not how the law works, and even if by some chance it did, leering, lewd conduct, and indecent exposure are still crimes whether they identify as a man or a woman.
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Also, cis women have assured there's no real problem with me using the bathroom.

When cis women talk about the disturbingly high rates of assault on college campuses, the response from those in power is "have you tried not dressing like a slut?"
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                        Fishman - take a moment and think of it from this perspective: in the 60s, many people argued that blacks should not be allowed to live in redlined neighborhoods, because if there were black residents and you saw a black person, it would be hard to know if he/she was a resident or a criminal (cause, you know, most black people are criminals, right?) who came to burgle the houses. Therefore, in the name of protecting the safety of the current residents (white people), it was justifiable to keep out black residents, just to be sure.

This is the *exact* same argument that you are making. “If we allow people who look different to be in the bathroom (i.e. neighborhood), then criminals who look like them could try to blend in.”

Crap argument then, and (literal) crap argument now.
                        You really need to work on your reading comprehension. I never said any such thing, even tangentially.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                          Also, cis women have assured there's no real problem with me using the bathroom.

When cis women talk about the disturbingly high rates of assault on college campuses, the response from those in power is "have you tried not dressing like a slut?"
                          Try a women's BR option when a man walks in wearing a dress/lipstick, sporting a 3-day stubble, and plays with his dick for half an hour under the guise of "shaking it off"... That's happened even here way up in Trumpie country.

I'm confident that you would call him out on that, but don't you agree that it might be an issue for the masses everywhere? I take my toddler grand-daughters into the Men's, but I sure as Hell don't let them go there unaccompanied.

My point is that you are beyond naive if you think that "cis" men are suddenly going to start to behave properly, as if some divine bolt of enlightenment just shot up their collective behinds.

Not going to happen, and it never will.

Comment

• And laws already exist for that.

Cops everywhere have said they won't enforce bathroom bills.

Admit it, you want me dead. You're a sad sack of ****, it's pathetic.

Comment

• August 19, 2020, as Holland, MI City Council voted to add sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression to their employment and housing non-discrimination ordinance, I sat in that room and heard the exact same rhetoric Fishy is making now. The same tired lies about trans people being bathroom rapists and linking us to pedophilia and sex trafficking. There were several veiled and not-so-veiled threats against my community, including threats to follow us into the bathroom and kill us.

It was a night that traumatized me and is giving me flashbacks. Fishy wants me dead. Fishy hates me. And Fishy has been following me around making the same tired arguments against my people. As uno and others have said, several laws already exist and there is no need to set up genital inspections at bathroom doors just because of your blatant transphobia.

You can see you're outgunned and you're not going to win, not now, not ever.

And Fishy... "Because there is no land of tolerance. There is no peace. Not here, or anywhere else. Whole families destroyed, simply because they were born different from those in power. Well, after tonight, the world's powerful will be just like us. They will return home as brothers, as mutants. Our cause will be theirs. Your sacrifice will mean our survival. l'll understand if that comes as small consolation."

Comment

• "That's happened even here way up in Trumpie country"

If it really happened we'd expect it nowhere else.

Comment

Working...
                                X