Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Almost as rare as a racist Japanese.

I love when people say these vices are restricted to whites. :-)
    East Asia is on an entirely different level when it comes to generational and institutional racism and classism.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

East Asia is on an entirely different level when it comes to generational and institutional racism and classism.
      I lived in Japan for 5 years. It's a great country to be in for a number of reasons, but the Japanese absoulutely despise their geographic neighbors. A harsh version of tRump's Muslim ban has essentially been in place for decades there, excepting that Japan's version targets other Asians.
      Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-04-2021, 08:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
        If your feminism doesn't include lesbian, trans/non-binary, disabled, BIPOC, or the intersection of any of those, we're done.

We're especially done if your grand contribution to the cause was knitting a pink (kitten) hat, slapping it on your head, and declaring that you helped.
        I'm too old and too out of the loop to get the cultural reference, but there is the concept of actual anatomy... Are you OK with physical males declaring themselves "females" when it suits their agenda, as in waltzing into a girls' shower at the Y when all one needs to say is that one identifies as a female?

Serious question, not being facetious. There are certain realities to be dealt with here. Remember Dolezal, pretending to be black? Same deal.
        Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-04-2021, 09:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

I'm too old and too out of the loop to get the cultural reference, but there is the concept of actual anatomy... Are you OK with physical males declaring themselves "females" when it suits their agenda, as in waltzing into a girls' shower at the Y when all one needs to say is that one identifies as a female?

Serious question, not being facetious. There are certain realities to be dealt with here. Remember Dolezal, pretending to be black? Same deal.
          Dude. DUDE! That guy only exists in only in your twisted, homophobic mind. Any guy who would want to creep on women in their restroom would not do so by waltzing in and announcing that he is a woman. Law or no law, creeps will stick to peepholes and hidden cameras, same as always.
          If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
            Dude. DUDE! That guy only exists in only in your twisted, homophobic mind. Any guy who would want to creep on women in their restroom would not do so by waltzing in and announcing that he is a woman. Law or no law, creeps will stick to peepholes and hidden cameras, same as always.
            He's regurgitating the same conservative trope I heard first in the 1980s.

These people are beyond help, don't even engage. Either they're insincere and just trying to bait you, or they're sincere and so ignorant they have been completely unaffected by the last 40 years of education on the subject.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Oh no, that guy exists. Maybe you should get out of your comfort zone a bit- say to a nude beach -and see for yourself.

And, clearly, there was nothing homophobic about my former post. Straight men are wont to take advantage of those sorts of situations, and if you haven't seen that, you must live in a cave.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

He's regurgitating the same conservative trope I heard first in the 1980s.

These people are beyond help, don't even engage. Either they're insincere and just trying to bait you, or they're sincere and so ignorant they have been completely unaffected by the last 40 years of education on the subject.
                The King of Smug has spoken... All hail!

But if he thinks that that s*** will flush in the real world..?

Please explain why one can chose one's own race or gender in a workable social context, morphology and genetics aside. I'm all ears.
                Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-04-2021, 11:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Oh no, that guy exists. Maybe you should get out of your comfort zone a bit- say to a nude beach -and see for yourself.

And, clearly, there was nothing homophobic about my former post. Straight men are wont to take advantage of those sorts of situations, and if you haven't seen that, you must live in a cave.
                  I lived in Europe for 5 years. There, they just call them “beaches.”

Pure homophobia. You would deny tens of thousands of trans women the peace of using a restroom where they are comfortable because, well, I still have no idea why. But you have somehow done your own calculus and choose to side against the trans women. Sounds homophobic to me.

Comment

Sadly, that guy probably does exist, however that will have to be dealt with on a case by case basis and is not a blanket reason to deny trans people access to their correct locker rooms/bathrooms etc.

Comment

• Thanks for those who stuck up for me. I'll buy you coffee later.
                      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                      Patreon for exclusive writing content
                      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

Sadly, that guy probably does exist, however that will have to be dealt with on a case by case basis and is not a blanket reason to deny trans people access to their correct locker rooms/bathrooms etc.
                        Good point. If he exists, then F him. His terrorist tactics don’t get to dictate policy.

Comment

Thanks for those who stuck up for me. I'll buy you coffee later.
                          Not just for you, Amber. For all of us. Because you are us. There is no difference, and that is what these f-cks will never get.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Rand AND Mitt: 6'4? I wish I could be 6'4.

Why do I think Rand secretly DMs trans girls on Instagram?
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Thanks for those who stuck up for me. I'll buy you coffee later.
                              Hell, I stick up for you too.

Everyone should live as they please, aside from those who pervert their liberties into exploitation.

Pretty sure that you're not one of those people.

Comment

I lived in Europe for 5 years. There, they just call them “beaches.”

Pure homophobia. You would deny tens of thousands of trans women the peace of using a restroom where they are comfortable because, well, I still have no idea why. But you have somehow done your own calculus and choose to side against the trans women. Sounds homophobic to me.
                                Then you might want to have someone look up "homophobic" for you... What I said had absolutely nothing to do with that.

(I have been accused of "misandry" for calling out rude louts on the beach, yes... Maybe you could have someone look that up for you, too.)

Comment

Working...
                                X