This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
    You're telling me you can't understand why people who compete in the women's division might find it similarly unfair to have to now compete against someone who is genetically male and has not started any hormone therapy or undergone any surgery, and therefore still has all the physical advantages that comes with their Y chromosome?
    I'm telling you the people upset about this are rightwing cranks who have found yet another way to smuggle their misogyny and Christian Talibanism into issues that are irrelevant to it.

They use this to mainstream their hatred and bigotry. By propounding it you are falling into a trap and being an unwitting asset for them.

These people are bad. You are not bad, you are just being played.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• In other news: two days later, ONE boob hurts, but the other one feels fine. I'll finish the Keflex and Norco regimen before I drive again.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I'm telling you the people upset about this are rightwing cranks who have found yet another way to smuggle their misogyny and Christian Talibanism into issues that are irrelevant to it.

They use this to mainstream their hatred and bigotry. By propounding it you are falling into a trap and being an unwitting asset for them.

In most cases, it's not the kids who are upset. It's the PARENTS. It's the entitled parents of the world who are very upset that a trans teenager took a spot on the team from their precious little child. Conservative online rags such as LifeSiteNews run one of these stories every day. And the rationale that it's "biology" leads people like Tulsi Gabbard and Kelly Loeffler to propose genital inspections before anyone can compete in sports. This proposed legislation usually goes nowhere, but it's a good way for the Mike Pences of the world to get riled up.

"One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Or, you know, I could be related by blood and marriage to female athletes ranging in skill and ability from a former D1 scholarship athlete to your average suburban housewife playing sports primarily just to stay fit, and have heard discussions about it among them and their friends.

But you must be right, I must be an unwitting pawn by the vast RWNJ media empire instead

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

Or, you know, I could be related by blood and marriage to female athletes ranging in skill and ability from a former D1 scholarship athlete to your average suburban housewife playing sports primarily just to stay fit, and have heard discussions about it among them and their friends.

But you must be right, I must be an unwitting pawn by the vast RWNJ media empire instead
            You are willfully missing the point.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

In most cases, it's not the kids who are upset. It's the PARENTS. It's the entitled parents of the world who are very upset that a trans teenager took a spot on the team from their precious little child. Conservative online rags such as LifeSiteNews run one of these stories every day. And the rationale that it's "biology" leads people like Tulsi Gabbard and Kelly Loeffler to propose genital inspections before anyone can compete in sports. This proposed legislation usually goes nowhere, but it's a good way for the Mike Pences of the world to get riled up.
              Certainly true. They use their kids as pawns for their nonsense. They aren't even advocating for their precious little snookums, either. They have a human shield for the garbage in their heads and if you question it then it's WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!?!

This same crap was used about lesbians in sports and before that about interracial sports. This is just another spin of the bigotry wheel.

Here is what is real: athleticism is a test of differential biological gifts. A 6-10 basketball player is going to dunk on a 5-10 one and it's not a matter of "character" or "competitive fire." The lottery isn't fair.

The one thing you try to do is not allow cheating. But it's not cheating to be 6-10 and it's not cheating to be born a woman in a man's body.

So for all those athletic women and girls out there so deeply concerned that trans women threaten the integrity of the sport by ruining the level of competition: you're only there because your genetic gifts ruined the competition! You're the freak. Now shut up, sit down, and stop shaming people for who they are you entitled little upper middle class thirsty forks trying desperately to make up for your B average* to get into Dartmouth by having a varsity letter.

Daddy will buy you a car as compensation.

* OK, C average, as a B is sufficient to get into Dartmouth.
              Last edited by Kepler; 12-20-2020, 12:04 PM.
              Cornell University

Comment

You are willfully missing the point.
                Candidly, So are you.

Comment

• Being blunt:

Most of the time, no one really cares about high school girls' sports except for the parents and friends of the players. For most people, when they see "Local High School Girls' Soccer Team Wins State Championship" in the local newspaper, they'll yawn, not even offering a "good for them," and eagerly await the start of football or basketball season, whatever makes the local high school the most money.

Those same people who yawn over high school girl's sports, however, will fly into an apoplectic fit when a trans teenager is introduced to the team, crying how it's not fair to the other girls, how the trans teenager is inevitably bigger, stronger, and has more facial hair, and how their precious child was cheated from a spot on the team. They'll go to internet comment sections, the district Board of Education, the local City Council, to their dog, they'll whine to anyone who will listen. It's not really about protecting women's sports, it's whining about how the world is changing into something they don't like, and how this is all Very Unfair.

But instead of perpetually taking it out on my community, I wish they'd take their iPhone, go sit in their first gen Prius, record and upload a 60 minute video to their social media pages whining about how life is unfair.

I've seen jerks who whine about trans women competing in sports before. But more and more trans women are competing, and it's becoming the norm. And I have a smile stretched from ear to ear knowing that all the whining and kvetching over this couldn't stop it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

Candidly, So are you.
                    The only point you've made is you don't want my community fully integrated into society. You and plenty of others want "separate but equal." People like you are why I think Magneto was right:

Because there is no land of tolerance. There is no peace. Not here, or anywhere else. Whole families destroyed, simply because they were born different from those in power. Well, after tonight, the world's powerful will be just like us. They will return home as brothers, as mutants. Our cause will be theirs. Your sacrifice will mean our survival. l'll understand if that comes as small consolation.

Comment

The only point you've made is you don't want my community fully integrated into society. You and plenty of others want "separate but equal." People like you are why I think Magneto was right:

So far in this thread I have:

- Wished you luck in your procedure.
                      - Shared an article (which it appears from your comments that you never bothered to read) discussing potential complexities in keeping trans-women involved in athletics in a way that keeps the competitive field level and also reviews the challenges of our society actually having a legitimate discussion about it. (Which this thread has become a perfect illustration of).
                      - Said that I thought many more people care about women's athletes than you think do.
                      - Called Kepler out for refusing to acknowledge that a cis-gendered girl could legitimately find it unfair to have to compete against a trans-woman who has yet to begin any sort of hormone therapy etc and that doing so does not make her a trans-phobic Taliban nazi.

A UNO mentioned before, it appears you are reading what you think people are saying in this thread (perhaps because you want to pick a fight) instead of what people are actually saying.

Last edited by ericredaxe; 12-20-2020, 01:55 PM.

Comment

• I read the article. And you should know I am inevitably going to side with trans teenagers, the ACLU, HRC, etc.

And in terms of "cis people complaining," yes, I know. Conservative rags such as LifeSiteNews are full of these stories. But I wonder if it's really the girls... or their parents. Something you should consider as well.

Comment

I read the article. And you should know I am inevitably going to side with trans teenagers, the ACLU, HRC, etc.

And in terms of "cis people complaining," yes, I know. Conservative rags such as LifeSiteNews are full of these stories. But I wonder if it's really the girls... or their parents. Something you should consider as well.
                          Oh I don't deny that there are going to be *****hole religious right conservatives who will jump on this and use it to further an anti LGBTQ agenda without really caring one bit about the sports.

I also think that there are good people who support the LGBTQ community that see complexities of keeping a level playing field in athletic competitions while also wanting to be sure trans women have the opportunity to compete and reap all of the benefits and life lessons that athletics provides.

Last edited by ericredaxe; 12-20-2020, 02:51 PM.

Comment

• Also, this is why I'm in favor of puberty blockers or low hormonal doses for trans teens. Blockers and an anti-androgen would totally prevent puberty from taking place in trans teens, but some red state lawmakers don't want that to happen, and instead favor genital inspections for teenagers.

Comment

• Time for a reveal of sorts:

Before:
                              https://www.instagram.com/p/CI398zfnCfK/

After:
                              https://www.instagram.com/p/CJE3AHenTLh/

Comment

• "Mary, Did You Know?"

If the male who wrote that tripe actually read the Bible (he didn't), he'd find out Mary absolutely knew, and that he's an ******* for mansplaining.

Comment

Working...
                                X